Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 donkey kong country
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
donkey kong country - Jun 08, 2005 08:34
so i started playing this SNES classic again the other day....and i shocked at the fun factor i still find in it. oddly enough, i also keep thinking to myself that the graphics are pretty damn good for beig on the SNES...i' m sure i have seen PS2/XBOX/Gamecube games with graphics similar to this....
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: donkey kong country - Jun 08, 2005 16:51
Like Mortal Kombat, DKC has some pretty nasty graphics. I can' t stand digitized graphics. Gimme real artwork, people! I guess one good thing about polygons is that they saved us from digitized crapfests like DKC, Mortal Kombat, Pit Fighter, and Way of the Warrior.
SockmoVet2005

• Total Posts : 22
RE: donkey kong country - Jun 08, 2005 17:59
Yea I love going back to play those awesome classics. Mario still has me hooked to this day. Fire Emblem, original metroid... **creams pants**
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: donkey kong country - Jun 08, 2005 21:18
Same here. I love my SNES. Super Metroid is my all time fav, followed closely by Donkey Kong.
Joe Redifer

RE: donkey kong country - Jun 08, 2005 21:44
No way. The best SNES game is, by far, Super Castlevania IV. Other great SNES games are:

F-Zero
Super Mario World
Actraiser
Contra III

and stuff
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: donkey kong country - Jun 09, 2005 05:54
Many older videogames seem to have a character and appeal that makes them timeless, whereas many of the newer games rely on the ' dazzle' effect to get you to play and re-play. In the end, the ' dazzle' effect doesn' t keep gamers playing - good story lines and re-play value do, though.

As an example, everyone here knows of Super Mario Brothers...why? Because this was a quality title for its time - and it still remains an awesome title!

A current-gen game that compares would be Halo...people rave about it now and will talk about it for generations to come, because it represents the best-of-the-best.

I' ll tell you one game I am glad that made it to current-gen is Sid Meier' s Pirates!...I cannot tell you how many hours I spent playing and re-playing this title...but I can tell you that I still play it to this day!

Now, that' s lasting quality!!!
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9 Jun 05 13:58:28 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: donkey kong country - Jun 09, 2005 06:59

F-Zero
Super Mario World
Actraiser
Contra III

Hah, that' s almost exactly my top list for SNES too! I' d add FF II, Chrono trigger, The Zelda game (name escapes me).

Just so you know thought, I could kick your ASS in f-zero Joe. Fastest time in the WORLD on Mute City 1. I have to have something in my life to be proud of, and it sure as hell ain' t my looks.
Joe Redifer

RE: donkey kong country - Jun 09, 2005 07:51
Naw. I' m better than you are in F-Zero.
mxpx182

RE: donkey kong country - Jun 09, 2005 11:00
Sorry Joe, you must mean you are better at that mary kate and ashely olsen horse racing game than me, cause you surely couldn' t have meant what you said. That would just be plain nonsense.
Joe Redifer

RE: donkey kong country - Jun 09, 2005 16:40
' Fraid not. It is fact. I am better than you in F-Zero. I have even made it all the way up to the Fire Field track before!
mxpx182

RE: donkey kong country - Jun 10, 2005 07:14
YOU made it to .... FIREFIELD!!!!!!!! I heard about that level. I heard that in order to get to it you actually had to be good enough to play this game with your feet while you were mowing your brothers uncles former roomates lawn!!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll