Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gears of War movie confirmed
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Gears of War movie confirmed - Mar 24, 2007 00:33
A long string of boss fights, with some filler. Each squadmate, starting/ending with the most ' innocent' member, would start to die off one by one.

Get some meaningful moments at the ruins of someone' s kindergarten, blast lots of things (not just Locusts) etc.

It' ll end with Marcus being the only one left, horribly wounded, surrounded by Locusts, and then we bring in the Hammer of Dawn.

Big flash, and then fade to black, roll credits.

*cough*

PS: Note, I haven' t actually played GoW, I' m basically thinking up the most basic generic plot for an action movie in general with whatever GoW aspects I know.

the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Gears of War movie confirmed - Mar 24, 2007 07:11
I heard rumor of this, already a movie confirmed....so the trend now is for any well selling game for some movie distributor to make big $$$ by making a movie based on a game or something related to real life scenarios...
Games into movies shouldn' t happen.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Gears of War movie confirmed - Mar 24, 2007 07:40
I' m going to take my cynical hat off for a moment and pause to think, is it normal for a game to get a movie liscence so early on? Lets just imagine that a truly fantastic feeling epic was put together (im imagining the visuals of 300 or similar) but with a futuristic-renaissance style, imagine what it could do for the rest of the sales of the (trilogy) product...

Actually using cg to bolster the charecters could be better than just finding the largest knuckle heads possible, man, the feeling of gears on the very first play, in a movie - that could be kewl....

All down to the production team they assemble I guess....
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Gears of War movie confirmed - Mar 24, 2007 09:00
Movies based on games are a long way away from having enough of a fanbase to be as profitable as the games they' re based on. We hear all this yammering about how the games industry is making more money than Hollywood, but that' s only because games cost 6 to 7 times as much as a ticket to see a movie in a theater, and 3 to 5 times as much as a DVD.

Plus, the most popular games tend to have the most simple-minded storylines... even the ones stretched thin into " epic" trilogies. What' s Marcus' s big, life-changing revelation and character development going to be? That he' s tired of fighting? Bitch, please.

The stories in games are weak because the developers are primarily young men in a state of arrested development that stopped at adolescent power fantasies. Fun for games, weak for cinema.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Gears of War movie confirmed - Mar 24, 2007 09:19

Movies based on games are a long way away from having enough of a fanbase to be as profitable as the games they' re based on. We hear all this yammering about how the games industry is making more money than Hollywood, but that' s only because games cost 6 to 7 times as much as a ticket to see a movie in a theater, and 3 to 5 times as much as a DVD.

Plus, the most popular games tend to have the most simple-minded storylines... even the ones stretched thin into " epic" trilogies. What' s Marcus' s big, life-changing revelation and character development going to be? That he' s tired of fighting? Bitch, please.

The stories in games are weak because the developers are primarily young men in a state of arrested development that stopped at adolescent power fantasies. Fun for games, weak for cinema.

Obviously movies based on games need larger more comples stories. It' s only natural, it' s a movie. Granted, most movies based on videogames suck royally but look at the super Mario movie. A lot of people hated it but I thought it sucked but I loved it. It wasn' t totally faithful to the source material but it had enough depth to be considered a real movie.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Gears of War movie confirmed - Mar 24, 2007 09:44

Movies based on games are a long way away from having enough of a fanbase to be as profitable as the games they' re based on

I think the problem with movies based on games is the fact that the games are like 10 times the length of a movie, so they have to revise most of the crap, but that really shouldnt be too much of a problem with gears since gears is only 5 hours long
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Gears of War movie confirmed - Mar 25, 2007 06:30
I dont know. Im iffy on a game-based movie, but it would be interesting to know EXACTLY what happened with Marcus to land him in the slam.

No Uwe Bowel or Vin Diesel please.
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Gears of War movie confirmed - Mar 25, 2007 15:26
It doesn' t have to be based around Marcus. What about like the story of his father and at the end of the movie Marcus gets locked up.

There is alot of " pre" Gears of War story that they should flesh out... movie could do it since the next Gears definitly won' t.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Gears of War movie confirmed - Mar 26, 2007 03:19

There is alot of " pre" Gears of War story that they should flesh out... movie could do it since the next Gears definitly won' t.

Actually i bet in the next gears it will show a flash back or something of it.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message