Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 games of the 21th century that droped your jaw (graphics)
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 46 of 46
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: games of the 21th century that droped your jaw (graphics) - Jun 13, 2006 07:37
Soul Reaver (PSOne) - Sublime Design
Crash Bandicoot (PSOne) - I thought i was watching a cartoon
Unreal Tournament (PC) - Slick Design
Dead Or Alive 2 (PS2) - if you didn' t get a boner, you' re from
Brokeback Mountain

Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2) - Snake/Tanker stage only
Dead Or Alive 3 (xbox) - *licking lips* lovely Christie
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (xbox) - FACT:-Team Ninja put other xbox ' devs' to shame
Doom 3 (PC) - ahhhh!!!
Resident Evil 4 (GC) - Great design
Ninja Gaiden (xbox)- we' re not worthy
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (xbox) - Finally! a stunning non-TN
xbox release!

Black (xbox/PS2) - what next gen?

Honourable mention:
FF X :- for it' s stunning CGI sequences ONLY

Disagree With:
Halo:- good but not special visually

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 13 Jun 06 10:16:07 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: games of the 21th century that droped your jaw (graphics) - Jun 13, 2006 07:51
i think black was way overhyped, i played it on ps2, and although it is really good visualy for a ps2, but still it' s " far" from next gen... i was expecting a lot from this game, i remember IGN e3 2005 when they played the game behind close doors, they say something like " imagine half life 2 running on your ps2" , at the time they didn' t show any pictures and i thought oh my god ps2 will creat a miracle... one year later i was impressed for sure, but i was also disapointed... we all know half life 2 look much beter than black.

anybody remember how IGN used to hype Condemned just before its release?
i played that game like a month ago on my pc (i beat it), eveything MAX except for resolution which was a bit low 800*600 2AA...
damn they say that you could pick up stuff, almost anything on the ground, i was like wow that' s 360 power, how could they calculate every sigle object to make it a weapon ... that was the bigest lie ever, the truth is, there are few " determined" objects that you could pick, basicaly they just switch guns with bars that' s it, you can' t pick anything you want, that' s faaar from reality ... damn you ign...

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: games of the 21th century that droped your jaw (graphics) - Jun 13, 2006 08:22
You think 360' s power is to pick up object on the ground?
I think IGN refered to that you can take off pipelines and woodplates and stuff like that to use as weapons,feel more realstic even if its not " amzing" by itself.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: games of the 21th century that droped your jaw (graphics) - Jun 13, 2006 10:45
no what they wanted us to believe is that you can pick up anything that was in the enviroment, well almost anything, they said that many times and i do remember my impression, from those reports it looked like they were really amazed!! ... just read some previews and hand on before their reviews please, i don' t wanna go look for it i' m a lazy man...

their was nothing impressive in condemned (technicaly), even if it was all well done...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: games of the 21th century that droped your jaw (graphics) - Jun 13, 2006 11:30
Forget about how interactive the game was, I' m more concerned with how friggin boring the game was
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: games of the 21th century that droped your jaw (graphics) - Jun 13, 2006 11:37
Sonic Adventure 1 on DC - omgzdz what a huge leap in technology
Shenmue on DC
Dead or Alive 2 on DC
Quake 3 Arena on PC - another big leap
Halo 1 on Xbox - another huge friggn' leap (cough*flamingfanboy*cough)
Dead or Alive 3 on Xbox
Halo 2 on Xbox - whodathunk the xbox could pull sheet like this?
Unreal Tournament 2004 on PC - massive levels and massive vehicles holy shit graphics
Project Gothem Racing 3 on Xbox 360 - Wowz0rz
Oblivion on Xbox 360 - getting out of the sewers pwnt

As a sidenot Unreal Tournament on PS2 wowed me as to how craptastic the PS2 is.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 46 of 46

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message