Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Arcade Games
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
Arcade Games - Mar 08, 2003 16:12
So F-Zero due soon and looking good.
Time Crisis 3 doing the business.
Initial D version 2
Virtua Cop 3
Outrun 2
Dodonpatchi 3
Sega Rally 3 - Complete according to my sources, but no licence
Besides a few more the arcades have a better year ahead than we' ve had for sometime.
So any arcade gamers here? whats your views on this industry?
Atari81

• Total Posts : 23
RE: Arcade Games - Mar 17, 2003 22:07
I' m not sure about it right now. I know people still go there, but I kinda wonder why? No offense to them, they must like it better than consoles or just want to get out and have a blast. I' d invest in old arcade machines first before I play a new one. They' re just too expensive. $1 per play, $1 for each continue? I' d rather get a soda and watch other people play than play the games myself.
< Message edited by Atari81 -- 3/17/2003 4:08:23 PM >
PeyloW

• Total Posts : 64
RE: Arcade Games - Mar 18, 2003 09:42

ORIGINAL: Atari81

I' m not sure about it right now. I know people still go there, but I kinda wonder why? No offense to them, they must like it better than consoles or just want to get out and have a blast. I' d invest in old arcade machines first before I play a new one. They' re just too expensive. $1 per play, $1 for each continue? I' d rather get a soda and watch other people play than play the games myself.

But there is something magical about poping in the coins and racing with a friend in the arcades. Something no console or computer game can give.
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Arcade Games - Mar 19, 2003 16:55
Hmmm yeah the price to play can be a problem. But some games always feel better in the arcade, normally music based titles. Some of the new cabs are cool though, FZero looks very interesting.
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: Arcade Games - Apr 01, 2003 21:49
Toast, I am an Arcade Gamer, but only when I am in tokyo or certain parts of the US.

My arcades, like most in britain, never get anything new.
Anyone know anywhere with VF4:Evo in London for example?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Arcade Games - Sep 08, 2004 16:38
Going to the arcades is much like going to the movie theater...to see the latest games (or movies) in a social atmosphere. Otherwise you could just play or watch these at home.

It usually costs more to go out to do these things, but it gets you out of the house and helps you unwind.

For me...I could stay inside forever to watch movies on DVD and play games at home.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Arcade Games - Sep 08, 2004 17:59
I' m an arcade gamer through and through and No matter how powerful consoles get they can never replicate the wonderful feeling of playing an arcade game.

I HATE the tremendous decline the U.S. arcade industry has gone on. I still get my arcade gaming fix every week but it' s not the same anymore because of the state of the industry.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Arcade Games - Sep 08, 2004 19:24
There' s naff all any decent arcades near me in Leeds. We have a bowling place which has just gotten Outrun 2. I' ll get round to playing it one day...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll