Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii."
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii." - Jun 23, 2007 22:18

A particularly cool feature this week had gamers, game makers and celebrities make tough choices regarding gaming. The magazine polled Famitsu.com readers to find out what systems, games and characters come out on top. Here are a few of the results. Most samples included between 1,500 and 1,600 responses.

1. Which would you support: Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?
Wii: 38.9%
PS3: 38.0%
X360: 23.1%

Asked the same question, Shinji Mikami said, " From the stance of a game maker, if you' re looking for visual expression and reality, it' s Xbox 360. Otherwise, Wii." Looks like the former Capcom producer still doesn' t have a favorable impression of Sony.

LINK (requires IGN Insider)

Mikami has been involved in the development of:

Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil Code: Veronica
REmake
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 4
Devil May Cry
P.N. 03
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Dino Crisis 3
God Hand
Phoneix Wright: Ace Attorney
Killer 7
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Onimusha: Warlords

...but he' s mainly responsible for the Resident Evil franchise.

It looks like he won' t be working on a PS3 title any time soon...
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii." - Jun 24, 2007 10:55
23.1% for Xbox 360 on a Famitsu poll?

Regardless of what Mikami said that' s a pretty impressive change for Xbox in Japan. I would have thought the breakdown for 360 would have been low teens to single digits.
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii." - Jun 24, 2007 12:15
Sounds like Micosoft is doing a better job at courting the Japanese devs then last gen.
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii." - Jun 24, 2007 21:10
I wonder why the boys at Level 5 weren' t asked the same question.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii." - Jun 24, 2007 22:32

I wonder why the boys at Level 5 weren' t asked the same question.

U stupid fanboy,level5 is at work with tons of sony games none xbox,while capcom does work for all plattforms.

People like you' re really embarrssing,stop being a fucking fanboy you disgusting piece of shit and grew up.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii." - Jun 25, 2007 03:35

It' s funny to see the 360' s popularity spike like that, I certainly didn' t expect it that fast. Yes... yes I know that' s not what the article is pointing out, but we already knew that folks weren' t pleased with the PS3.
DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii." - Jun 25, 2007 18:00

U stupid fanboy,level5 is at work with tons of sony games none xbox,while capcom does work for all plattforms.

People like you' re really embarrssing,stop being a ***ing fanboy you disgusting piece of shit and grew up.

Level 5 is an independent that works on the PS3 but has experience with other companies. One of those companies is Microsoft, a company which they vowed never to work with again due to MS fucking up True Fantasy Live. My point was that we all have different opinions on the matter, and they are all subject to their own bias and predjudice.

Level 5' s opinion counts, just as this Capcom producer' s opinion counts.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii." - Jun 25, 2007 20:47
No it doesnt u stupid fuck,level 5 is a sonybias working studio.

Level5 hasn' t even worked on the 360,big diffrence, so stfu you fag.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii." - Jun 25, 2007 23:50
Capcom
Street Fighter
Devil May Cry
Mega Man
Resident Evil
Marvel vs. Capcom
Viewtiful Joe
Okami
Ghosts ' n Goblins
Ghouls & Ghosts
Dead Rising
PowerStone 1 & 2
Mobile Suit Gundam
Lost Planet
BreakShot
Phoenix Wright

Level 5
Dragon Quest
Dark Cloud

DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii." - Jun 26, 2007 15:09
To quez: That' s why they have so many DS projects in the pipeline.

To Eddie the Hated: Dark Cloud 2, True Fantasy Live, Rogue Galaxy, Jeanne D' Arc, Prof Layton and the Mysterious village in addition to Dark Cloud and Dragon Quest IX. Good try, though.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii." - Jun 26, 2007 15:34
Billy = lose.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii." - Jun 26, 2007 15:56
Well since his name says don' t PEE on Billy then I quess we should s*** on him instead.

DontPeeOnBilly

RE: Shinji Mikami " the 360 for the visual Otherwise, Wii." - Jun 27, 2007 09:10

Well since his name says don' t PEE on Billy then I quess we should s*** on him instead.

How hilarious, maybe we should shit in your face for have a shitty and useless Kikizo existence.

Level 5' s opinions are as valid as the dude in Capcom' s. Way to be a bunch of idiotic punks.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll