Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Game Case Comparison
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 05:39

PS3 > Wii > 360
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 05:44
Who has that collection of consoles, & where do I shoot them?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 08:56
Whats so special about ps3 case?

I suppose The Wii and 360 cases are debatable to which one is better looking
Nitro

RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 09:14

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

Whats so special about ps3 case?

It' s smaller and looks more expensive. I got a look as some Blu-Ray cases the other day in HMV and they just look nicer. As long as the cover art is the same or similar, the PS3 games are going to look nicer on the shelf than the 360 games. Ofcourse, that' s just my humble opinion.

I suppose The Wii and 360 cases are debatable to which one is better looking

Wii' s. They look more elegant. It must be the white...

Verdict? 360' s cases are old gen yo!
mastachefbkw

RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 09:16

It' s smaller and looks more expensive. I got a look as some Blu-Ray cases the other day in HMV and they just look nicer. As long as the cover art is the same or similar, the PS3 games are going to look nicer on the shelf than the 360 games. Ofcourse, that' s just my humble opinion.

Okay? i dont see how making a case smaller makes it any different from its previous cases. but my opinion is Wii>360>PS3
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 09:21
Clearly the Blue ray is going to win if Movies like Nacho Libre are coming out on Hd-dvd. with the blue gets Balck Hawk Down.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 12 Nov 06 1:40:43 >
Nitro

RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 09:23
Why does 360 > PS3?!

I can understand that somebody would prefer Wii' s cases over he other two, but 360' s over PS3' s?!

360' s is a standard DVD case. Years ago when the move was made from Playstation/Dreamcast cases to plastic DVD cases (i say plastic because Saturn cases here were similar but made out of cardboard) the they were cool, but now they' re just boring.

If it' s a shelf/rack/whatever thing then you can' t apply it to what look nicest. Blu-Ray and HD-DVD use next-gen cases baby, ...i want Microsoft to adopt the HD-DVD case and make it transparent green.
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 09:23

Clearly the Blue ray is going to win if Movies loike Nacho Libre are coming out on Hd-dvd. with the blue gets Balck Hawk Down.

HD-DVD has a bigger library...
plus HD has Tokyo Drift so....

But I could care less about BD and HD.
mastachefbkw

RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 09:29

Why does 360 > PS3?!

I can understand that somebody would prefer Wii' s cases over he other two, but 360' s over PS3' s?!

360' s is a standard DVD case. Years ago when the move was made from Playstation/Dreamcast cases to plastic DVD cases (i say plastic because Saturn cases here were similar but made out of cardboard) the they were cool, but now they' re just boring.

If it' s a shelf/rack/whatever thing then you can' t apply it to what look nicest. Blu-Ray and HD-DVD use next-gen cases baby, ...i want Microsoft to adopt the HD-DVD case and make it transparent green.

I agree that 360 does need to change cases, i just dont like the way sony made theirs smaller, because if i did break down and buy it, it wouldnt fit right with the rest of my games on my shelf.

And yeah i think they should make it transparent green
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 09:44
I like the PS3 game cases more than the others simply because they' re smaller.. Personally I' d prefer for games to revert back to using CD jewel case sized packaging like they did during the 32-bit era.. Sometimes smaller is better
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 14:30
These days I couldn' t really give a damn what my console case size/look is. They only ever contain a disc and maybe a half assed manual/control sheet. Not worth a second glance really.

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Sometimes smaller is better

Back in the good ol' days of PC gaming there used to be big boxes, roughly the size of flat shoeboxes. They always used to contain a CD case, chunky 100-200 page manual, other forms of comprehensive documentation/game lore and sometimes a big cloth map of the game world. All of it would be neatly contained in a fold-out box with beautiful artwork on it. This was packaging that you wanted to keep.

Nowdays you never see this, if you do it' s a rare occasion. Even most of the " limited edition" versions you can get pale in comparison to what the standard used to be. Everything' s gone to cost cutting and mass production. Heck my HL2 game came in a flimsy small box that contained next to no documentation and the 5 CD' s came in paper sleeves! This isn' t the only game I' ve gotten that' s given me a 1c paper sleeve to protect my investment. Manuals are being converted to PDF' s but what good is a manual if you can' t pull it out while you' re playing the game?

It' s sad to see the game box turn into something of a lost art. In a lot of ways, I think bigger is better.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 18:43
Im sorry i get PSone flashback when seeing the playstation cases, i like the green and white of the 360 more, sure i might be a bit biased, but i really really dont like how the PS3, Bluray and HD-DVD cases look! I mean that the *uck is up changing the cases...... again? People are going to have fit getting new racks and stuff that fits the new cases.

Whats up with the word next gen cases? its a load of crap. But what the hell. this might be the last gen we even get cases.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 18:59
I kind of prefer the 360 cases the most at the mo.

The biggest issue I have with the PS3 cases is not the design, though I think they should be as tall as DVD' s, but the actual colour of the case it self. The transparent clear just doesn' t work in my opinion. I was expecting them to use blue like on BD movies or black.

I do like the console packaging for the 60GB PS3 though.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 12 Nov 06 11:00:30 >
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 21:14
X : " hey man... i just bought GoW.

Y : oh yeah? i just bought PS3´s Genji.

X: and...?

Y: well....it has a new format case.

X: ...
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 21:19
The only thing I don' t like about the PS3' s covers is the Blu-Ray Logo on the Top, waste of space imo. They could very well use that blank space with the rest of the case.
L!nk

• Total Posts : 9
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 21:42
Wii>all
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 22:17
IMO DS has the nicest cases.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 22:47
... And I agree
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 22:59

The transparent clear just doesn' t work in my opinion. I was expecting them to use blue like on BD movies or black.

I do like the console packaging for the 60GB PS3 though.
It' s not transparent clear as far as I know. They' re smoke grey.

I couldn' t care less though. The space conservation is a nice feature, but i' d be an idiot if I said that was an advantage.
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Game Case Comparison - Nov 12, 2006 23:52
I really love the Wii cases and i utterly love the cases of the DS
< Message edited by OneWingedAngel -- 12 Nov 06 15:53:35 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages