Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 20, 2007 02:24
Its here .. Nothing much shown , but i am getting a feeling this is going to kick ass ...

Duke Nukem - Forever
< Message edited by 2pac -- 19 Dec 07 19:02:47 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks; who' s first? - Duke - Dec 20, 2007 02:27
Yeah it looks sweet! hehe, Duke nukem is cool i just need to cool myself as it might be another 10 years before release!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 20, 2007 05:40
Looks sorta like Doom 3
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 20, 2007 06:06
Dumb.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 20, 2007 06:43
That looks... horrible.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 20, 2007 08:39
It' s been over a decade and they tell us to stay tuned? LOL!

Well, I' ll see you guys in 2018 for the next part.
DieHounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 59
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 20, 2007 08:45
Woo. Not really " WOO!!" . Just Woo. It doesn' t look bad, but it didn' t really show too much content. The voice needs to be more gritty. As it is, it sounds like the kid from Ferris Bueller' s day off tricking the principal over the phone. Pretty decent line though.
< Message edited by diehounderdoggen -- 20 Dec 07 0:46:20 >
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 20, 2007 12:49
Actually, I think it looks terrible. Good thing I' ve never been a Duke Nukem follower, as I would probably be very sad with this.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 20, 2007 13:52
Duke Nukem=Arnold Schwarzenegger+Bruce Willis

If you don' t take the game too seriously it should be some good old kickassery.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 20, 2007 16:45
I wasn' t really a huge fan of Duke Nukem either, sure it had its " humour" but gameplay-wise I thought Doom walked all over it.

I guess it looks ok from the trailer but by the time it does see the light of day its going to look really second-rate against something like Gears 2.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 20, 2007 17:00
As much as i would like to have something nice to say, the best i can do is that last line was what best part of said teaser...

10 years for this? Hope whatever comes next shows what really matters.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 21, 2007 03:32
It' s not much, but CVG have a news article which seems to round off some of the speculation and critique a little more.. There isn' t that much more substance to this than what you have already probably read.

Unreal 2 engine " heavily modified" , and the trailer is " in engine" ? Could be a fun trip down memory lane if it *ever* gets released.

Link
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 21, 2007 05:53

Unreal 2 engine " heavily modified" , and the trailer is " in engine" ? Could be a fun trip down memory lane if it *ever* gets released.

That suggests to me that this specific iteration has been gurgling in a rusty crockpot in 3DRealms studio since UE2 was at the forefront.

Smells foul to me.

Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 21, 2007 06:25
I know I almost choked when I read UE2.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 21, 2007 06:42
Well, it may not be all that bad. Just like Bioshock started with UE2 then moved to UE3, DNF may do the same if they can be bothered.

In all honesty it looks nothing like UE2 and looks much more like the Doom 3 engine.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 21, 2007 06:43
I thought DNF was always meant to be a ongoing joke in the game industry. I dont think it' ll ever come out. 3DRealms will just release bits every so often to keep up publicity for the company.

Imagine if it did come out after 10 years or more, it would suck so badly 3DRealms would implode.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 21, 2007 09:43
Yeah it looked like the doom 3 engine, except the shadows weren' t so extremely dark. They must have been making all sorts of modifications to the UE2 engine, which is a bit wierd because it would likely be easier to switch to the UE3 engine instead of adding new graphics code themselves.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 21, 2007 12:34
If I was a Duke Nukem fan, and waited 10 years to see this, I would kill myself.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 21, 2007 13:17

If I was a Duke Nukem fan, and waited 10 years to see this, I would kill myself.

I wouldn' t. I would go out and kill those bastard developers. Why should I suffer for crap they make
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: I need some alien toilet to park my bricks , who' s first? - Duke Nukem Trailer - Dec 21, 2007 15:24
I dont complain about a game that iv yet to play. Diablo III and Starcraft II have been on their way for nearly as long, the only difference is that they have only been hinted at and never announced.

I refuse to spend energy complaining about a game like DNF, if its good, great, if its bad.... meh!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message