Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Where do you get your gaming info?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 19, 2005 13:21
What do you read - sites? Magazines?

What' s the No1 site and why do you think so?

I like IGN the most - graphics are cool and design is with ease of use in mind.Still I like to read Edge and Games - European Magazines - it feels great to have it all in one " book" with nice colorful and big pictures :) )

I' d say Mags over Net - the news come slower but in a better way.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 19, 2005 13:28
kikizo is the best site ever , ign yeah right !!

kikizo staff just put 5 stars under my nickname
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 19, 2005 15:15
My ' favourites' bar consists of:

Kikizo - you guys usually have great videos and interviews! Your E3 coverage was great!
Gamershell - free demos and independent news + reviews.
IGN - huge site that can get anything they want if they pay for it. Still have some good reads from time to time tho!
1up - another huge site that tends to have more interesting interviews and news than IGN.
Electronics Gaming Monthly - only after what Dan Hsu said recently. :)
Blackhole Motorsports - best site for racing sims and mods on PC.
SlashDot Gaming News - links to some great articles.
Gamasutra - veery in-depth stuff.

Dont usually buy magazines but I did buy Edge the other day which I enjoyed.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 19, 2005 15:50
IGN...

Gamespot rarely,but i check that site out often.

And homesites of the favourites games creators.

Kikizo is good and have cool exclusive videos,but no,this is not the site i would go for news.
Even though they are quite fast.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 19, 2005 17:16
Magazines: Electronic Gaming Monthly. I hate what' s become of this once AWESOME magazine. It used to be a stellar magazine when the founder, Steve Harris, was still around and running the show. After he sold it off and disappeared, the quality just plummeted in my opinion, but was still decent enough.. Today I find it to be a sad shell of its former self but still like reading certain parts cause someone I know writes for the mag..

Internet.. 3 sites:

Kikizo: To read news, reviews, previews, interviews, watch video interviews and start trouble in the forums.

Magicbox: Always need my MagicBox fix to check out what' s happening in the Japanese gaming scene, check out sales charts, and previews of upcoming Japanese imports.

GameSpot: To read reviews, watch video reviews as well as watch their weekly ' On The Spot' show which I try to never miss.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 19, 2005 18:02
I agree with Terry about EGM. I have shared quite a few e-mails back and forth with editor-in-chief Dan Hsu about the mag and a few other game-related things. He is stuck in his ways of " we' ll only give it coverage if lots and lots of people want to read about it. Screw the smaller games with a smaller following!" That chaps my ass!

As for up-to-date game news, I actually rely on people posting about it in game forums. Kikizo and Magic Box (http://www.the-magicbox.com) are my favorite game forums. I rarely look at the main sites, but I look at Kikizo' s main site more often than Magic Box' s since Kikizo has reviews.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 19, 2005 22:37
Mostly Kikizo, but I frequent IGN and Game Informer as well. I also subscribed to OXM - love that magazine.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 19, 2005 23:22
I use loads of different websites, mostly because i visit www.BluesNews.com as my first stop on the net, they gather interesting news from most websites, their console section is a bit small, but the headlines are there.
Then i visit Kikizo, mostly the forum, and IGN for the exclusive interviews and stuff, im one of the suckers with an insider account.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 20, 2005 06:00
One more thing - Post links for sites less known than Kikizo , IGN and such.I see many sites I had no idea about but don' t know the right URL (since not all sites are www.X.com) :)

Terry are you saying that you love to read your own articles? :)
hehehhe

VXchemical I had an insider account once - it' s totally worth it :)
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 21, 2005 04:26
I like Kikizo and Gamespot.

For magazines, of course I have a subscription to OXM! Gotta have that disc! I also read Play Magazine. They' re a somewhat jaded bunch, but they usually fight for the not-so-well-known games. Their magazine also has a very nice layout, and they have a lot of " meat" to their magazine (as well as an anime section, which earns serious points with me).
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 21, 2005 09:14
I go to a number of different sites, since they all dont get the same news.

First i go to www.fragland.net [nice, easy to look at site which updates daily]

then i go to an american one http://www.gamerfeed.com but lately they havent been very intersing

I go To Kikizo. We all know why at this stage.

I Go to Ign, even though they buy into all the hype, they do some good reviews and have interesting articles.

i have an odd look at http://www.gamasutra.com, its a good read.

I dont go to gamespot, or any other of those big main ones unless i am looking for something.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 21, 2005 10:40
I chortled at how IGN used that Jessica Chobot woman as a reason to sign up for their insider account. It was like, " Look, she' s hot and she likes games a lot! What can a woman like this possibly think?? Did we mention she likes taking her clothes off?!"
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 22, 2005 04:48
It would take too long to list ALL of my sources- I' m way too nerdy! Although Magic box and RPGamer stand out among the crowd at the moment. I also read a few magazines such as NGC(britains will recognise it, and maybe a few canadians?). I just recieved the latest issue today, btw.

Of course, the mags are usually months out of date news-wise. About two issues before they[the mags] revealed the Rev' s controller, many were already mocking and/or drooling over it throughout the net! I don' t care though, unless they[the mags] claim to have announced it first!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 22, 2005 07:17
this is one very interesting website that featured Trailers, top ten' s, interviews and video reviews .... 4 stars and half

www.gametrailers.com
jimiphoenix

• Total Posts : 36
RE: Where do you get your gaming info? - Dec 27, 2005 01:13
I feel the need...the need for feeds!

I have a bunch of sources (I' m trying to blog this stuff every now and then), so I let the news come to me...RSS. It' s the way to go.

As far as gaming mags go, I' ve tried every publication under the sun (in English) and I stick with Edge. Except when they compile their friggin' Top 100 lists. Hehe, but yeah, I' m an Edge man. Wait. It' s EDGE, isn' t it, in capitals?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll