Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 First Game You Ever Had
Alkyne

• Total Posts : 39
First Game You Ever Had - Mar 12, 2003 22:05
First game I had was Pong-it was even the fancy version (with pong hockey-two bars to hit the ball with a side) after that it was boxing for Intellivision. What was yours (this will date you!)
Stimpy182

• Total Posts : 25
RE: First Game You Ever Had - Mar 12, 2003 22:56
Weeiiiird man.

I had the SAME PONG MACHINE!!!!!

THENNNNNNNNNN....

InTellivision!

I didn' t have a " first game" for InTellivision per se. We had the (very revolutionary) cable subscribtion service that let you download a bunch of different games every week for like $2 a month.

Ones that stand out though were Night-Stalker, Triple Action, and Auto Racing.
Alkyne

RE: First Game You Ever Had - Mar 13, 2003 04:44
Wow-those bring back some memories. Other ones that stand out for me are Lock N' Chase, Sea Battle, Space Armada, and Armor Battle
BigRedMachine

• Total Posts : 127
RE: First Game You Ever Had - Mar 13, 2003 16:11
First game ever was Civilization.
The ubergodmother of total turnbased strategy! I get a nonstalgic depression everytime I think of it...
PeyloW

• Total Posts : 64
RE: First Game You Ever Had - Mar 13, 2003 17:23
First game I ever played was a text-based adventure game for DOS back in 1983. I do not remember the name of the game but there was a gorilla in the basement and you used a banana to lure it with you but it refused to go up the stair to the attic. There was also an elevator with a ring. I was mesmerized even though I had to play through my uncle as I did not know Jack about English at the time :).

The first game I owned was actually R-Type for Atari ST, not quite true as I got it with a 20-games pack, but R-Type was the first of the twenty that I played. My god did I think the graphics printed on the box was marvelous :D.
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: First Game You Ever Had - Mar 13, 2003 18:59
Well I can' t remember the first game I ever played but the first I owned were on my Amstrad, Ghostbusters, Galatic Plague, Roland in the Caves, Roland on the Ropes. That sort of stuff.
Stimpy182

• Total Posts : 25
RE: First Game You Ever Had - Mar 13, 2003 21:47
Alkyne:

Lock ' N' Chase ROCKED! I cannot believe I forgot to put that on there. As a matter of fact, I probably played that more than anything else....Pac-Man, but better!

Also, Atlantis, Tron Deadly Discs, Burger-Time, SNAFU, AstroSmash...
Alkyne

RE: First Game You Ever Had - Mar 14, 2003 16:16
Wow-I put a lot of hours into all those games too. That brings back a lot of good old time gaming memories. Remember Space Armada or Space Hawk? Or football where you punched in the code for the play from the playbook? That was a great play calling system. I remember thinking how Intellivision kicked Atari' s ass in graphics back them.
Atari81

• Total Posts : 23
RE: First Game You Ever Had - Mar 17, 2003 22:17
I had the 2600 for a while, but don' t remember playing it. My fam had Pitfall and Asteroids, and we ended up giving it to my grandparents.
I think the first system I had and played was for the NES, and it was Super Mario Bros.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: First Game You Ever Had - Mar 18, 2003 13:15
I would say Pong, but it was actually my father' s (even though I' m the only one that played it). So it would have to be Super Mario Bros., as the first game that I could call my own. Loved it, of course.
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: First Game You Ever Had - Mar 18, 2003 22:19
My dads mate always left his games at my place when I was a kid, and I had almost an endless choice of games to play.

I can not remember my 1st game I played, but the first game I owned was tetris for the original gameboy!
abecblader

• Total Posts : 8
RE: First Game You Ever Had - Jul 30, 2003 11:06
my first game was renegade on the zx spectrum. did n e 1 else play that? i thought it was a great game

Attached Image(s)
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: First Game You Ever Had - Jul 30, 2003 17:24
The first game I had was Super Mario Bros for the NES along with Super Mario 2. I also think those were the first games I ever played too. Although I did play Outrun and Afterburner shortly after, Mario and the NES was the first.

I have played Pong, but that was about six months after owning a NES.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: First Game You Ever Had - Nov 17, 2003 13:15
My first game was pong on the atari. Ahhh... the not so good old days.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll