Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Jul 17, 2005 21:23
I just watched it today. I loved it. I had beef with the movie' s structure in the beginning, and I was never a big fan of multiple flashbacks. Overall I give this movie a B. Very good and well worth watching.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Jul 19, 2005 23:44
I saw this one tonight. I agree that it is good and well worth watching. All in all I think I enjoyed it. There were some parts that made me go " huh?!?" but it was certainly entertaining and witty. I like it.

By the way, isn' t this thread in the wrong forum?
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Jul 20, 2005 16:41
MUMBLER!!
George Foreman

• Total Posts : 124
RE: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Jul 20, 2005 19:36
Did you like the first one and how did it compare.
Sal

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Jul 20, 2005 21:37
I thought this Charlie was much better than that creepy old movie with creepy old Gene Wilder and creepy Chicken Decapitations. I was happy with how Tim Burton stuck closer to the book and the flashbacks that he added, the whole father thing, I found really added to the original story in a meaningful way. I have to admit, after Planet of the Apes I was worried what he would do to Charlie, but he got his poop in a group and made another classic film.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Jul 20, 2005 22:26
hee hee hee. the.ben, you amuse me from time to time.

I too did not like the Gene Wilder original, so anything was going to be better. I think the.ben said it well in the movie forum, this movie isn' t really a remake. This movie is a Tim Burton movie, a visual spectacle. A good movie.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Jul 21, 2005 07:54
You guys are all weeiiird. I liked this movie a lot, and to be quite honest I was amazed at how exactly similar some parts of it were to the original, but no way did I like Depp' s portratal more. It wasn' t bad, in fact I liked it quite a bit, I just think Wilder nailed it the first time. This wonka is just a little too off for me, it' s like he' s 5 steps away from the psyche centre, or in fact is simply on a day pass. Just a little too much for me. Wilders Wonka was more like a creepy old man who you were never sure was joking or just trying to be cruel. As for the lack of chicken decapitations, that' s a minus in my book! I was so hoping that they would try and keep that trip through the tunnel as creepy and disturbing as the last, but alas no. Still, absolutely no reason not to go see it, still a great movie.
Sal

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Jul 21, 2005 17:46
I think I would border on the edge of psychotic if I just spent the last 20 years locked up in a factory with hundreds of umpa lumpa' s that look exactly the same. Yes....border on psychotic indeed. Yeah, just have to defend Johnny Depp because I think he is the best thing since Pong. I am even ignoring the fact that his portrayal of willy seemed at times merely a composite of every character he has ever played.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Jul 25, 2005 19:04
yea its a great movie.i like it more then the original.yea the original is great but i think Depp made the movie more funnier and funner to watch
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Jul 25, 2005 19:39
Didn' t watch it, don' t play to...old one is better. I' ve never read the book nor do I worship Tim Burton for just being artistic. Depp I' m sure was good at the character he was asked to portray, but it appears that this movie was one of the weaker characters he has ever played.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll