Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Resident Evil 5 full trailer
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 02:06
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 02:47
Some of that looked like gameplay. It looks niiiiice
Maybe a little too similar to RE4 but since that game was so damn good I won' t mind.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 03:15
That looks sooooooo good.

More of the gameplay from RE4, plus some new additions is great.
ginjirou

RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 03:27
Leon is waaaaay cooler than Chris Redfield though.
Hell, Leon is waaay cooler than most main characters.
The word " Shit" has never been as cool as it became after RE4 was released.
Vx Chemical

RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 03:50
Well RE4 was my first resident evil. the others were unbeareble to play
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 04:35

on another note, the game look technicaly so impressive and the atmosphere seems good, but it seems like it' s becoming too much of shooter , they need to slow the pace down a little, resident evil 4 is less scarier than previous games that is because enemies though less dangerous (but in a way more dangerous because of the old crappy control) , the enemies were not that many... they should balance the game, i hope it' ll turn out right.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 04:51
George ROmero said himself that all the mystic and tension about zombies get lost if you make zombies run.
Vx Chemical

RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 05:00
Didnt Romero make the Dawn of the dead remake? the zombies run there!
QuezcatoL

RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 05:01
No he didn' t and thats why he said what I wrote,because he felt the zombies lost its true nature in that movie.
Vx Chemical

RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 05:08
I think in this day and age, Zombies arent really scary in them selves, more like comic.
QuezcatoL

RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 05:11
It depends.

if you look at this trailer you see how he flees into for ex small huts were tons of zombies are with knifes and axes,now thats scary like hell ffs :P

So I think the zombie idea ,especially when its this sunny as in the trailer is to make the player feel like he is in narrow spaces and is being hunted,and all these huts that are open around him or small houses might be a hiding place,but it may also be a place where he will just face more zombies and be in complete dark instead of the sunny area and get surrounded.

I like the idea.

ANd I especially like the idea about a sunny enviorment , a bit tired of all these games that want you to run around in the dark.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 26 Jul 07 21:12:17 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 06:42
Just watched the trailer, and while it looks great I have to say I am a small bit disapointed. The amount of enemys on screen looks great but seeing the way the game hasnt changed from the re4 style much at all, this trailer didnt reveal anything new I guess. I dont want another major overhaul, I just want an better and more expanded re4 style gameplay, the punch was good though.

Graphicly it looks alright, nothing ground breaking.

ANd I especially like the idea about a sunny enviorment , a bit tired of all these games that want you to run around in the dark.

Amen.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 26 Jul 07 22:42:33 >
ginjirou

RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 11:35
I think people with murderous intent are MUCH more terrifying than zombies.
Zombies just want to eat and survive... or something (hard to ask them what they' re doing) but people are fucked up beings
I mean seriously, in older RE games I was scared of the zombies, not because they were scary but because they always jumped up on you from nowhere. Once they just stood there they weren' t very scary. Same thing with older zombie movies.
Movies of today and RE4 are much more scary because the zombies are more like intelligent people. They' re more like.... US!
grarrrghl!
Vx Chemical

RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 15:20
RE4 didnt really freak me out, not in the least. I found F.E.A.R and Condemned way more spookey, even doom 3 (i played that at night, only me awake, headphones on, fuck that was creepy)
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 16:51

Resident Evil 2 on the Sony Playstation 1 was amazing. I was 13 at the time and the game was just awesome. And that was when I was a huge Nintendo platformer/racing game fan. Sure the camera got annoying, and the controls were a bit clunky(much like so many games back then), but the level design, atmosphere and puzzles were great. I hated horror movies, but this game was really freakin scary if you were a kid at 3am.

Hell, It even made a fat drunken american have a heart attack at 43. RIP. Richard Smedley you fat arterie clogged excitable SOB.
Vx Chemical

RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 17:23
Haha, yeah i guess but when your 17 and used to perfect camara control and realtime 3d enviroments from PC gaming (which was way ahead of the playstation at the time) it was kinda bad.

I played the first 3 Alone in the Dark games, 1 and 2 were super good and scary, though i tried loading it up and the models or sooo horrible i cant believe i found it scary.

But the puzzles in that game were great too, its sad the amount we are being handhelled through games these days.

I dont even get tempted with walkthroughs anymore!
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 18:43
I started with Resident Evil 4, and didn' t find it scary at all. Maybe I should get the other Resident Evils sometime. I was hoping to at least play them all before Umbrella Chronicles is released so that I could go " Oh yeah, I remember that!"

Haha, yeah i guess but when your 17 and used to perfect camara control and realtime 3d enviroments from PC gaming (which was way ahead of the playstation at the time) it was kinda bad.

Well, I' m only 16 but I still love retro games. Lately I have been playing on the Virtual Console more than anything. I guess I was soo easy to impress when I was little, so when I first played games like Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros and Powerstone I thought they were the best thing since sliced bread (and I' ve never thought differently since).

So I think I can stomache the older Resi games.

Anywhooo, Resi 5 is going to go down a treat. It looks bloody amazing! The people actually look smarter than some of the Resi 4 guys.
< Message edited by Marink -- 27 Jul 07 10:44:14 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 21:32

Likewise.

I found F.E.A.R and Condemned way more spookey, even doom 3 (i played that at night, only me awake, headphones on, *** that was creepy)
I' m playing through F.E.A.R. right now for the first time, and it is pretty frickin' creepy. It' s not so much the little Devil girl, Alice or whatever, she' s just an interesting plot point. It' s just the random sh17 that pops out at you or falls through a vent. Talk about heart attack city.

I personally think the trailer looked fantastic. All I ever wanted out of 5 was a revamped 4. Different setting, better lighting, more guns, and this looks like it delivers in wonderful style.
QuezcatoL

RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 27, 2007 23:02
Don' t forget people that this game is coming out in 2009 sometimes.

And im sure there is lots of hidden awesome stuff for us in it.

And look at that girl in the end of the video somehing fishy is going on,could be another lab hidden in africa :P
Anyway im sure what we seen from the trailer is hardly everything that is coming in the game.
Vx Chemical

RE: Resident Evil 5 full trailer - Jul 28, 2007 00:28

Don' t forget people that this game is coming out in 2009 sometimes.

dont you mean 2008?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread