Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Games that have beat you?
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
Games that have beat you? - Jul 30, 2005 03:16
What games have been so frustrating, that you' ve thrown down the controller in disgust and ended up despising the sight of it?

I' ve been highly frustrated with Star Ocean 3 in the last location, I just couldn' t find my way around and I' ve heard the final boss is tough. So as a result I haven' t touched the game in months, which is really frustrating in itself as up until that point I was really enjoying the game.

Outrun 2' s challenge mode gets ludicrously tough too and it isn' t like I' m even that bad at the game. But in the end I had to resort to using a cheat to unlock all the cars, music and whatnot.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Games that have beat you? - Jul 30, 2005 08:46
All turn-based RPGs, lol..

The coin-op version of Yu Suzuki' s Ferrari 355 was TOUGH as hell from the start.

D1 Professional Drift Grand Prix Series (I think Joe might agree with that one )
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Games that have beat you? - Jul 30, 2005 09:01
Socom - The mission where I have to save " Mr. Pickles" - that damn ' copter got me every time. I haven' t touched the game in over a year
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Games that have beat you? - Jul 30, 2005 09:22
Morrowind. I still love the game to death but I can' t finish it. I' ve put over 400 hours (at least) into that game and I finally decided it was time to go and fight the final boss. That motha f*cka pwns me in the face every damn time. He takes away all my strength with his stupid spells and then I can' t move. So he proceeds to just balst me with fireballs for the next half an hour trying to break through my guy' s incredible armor and protective spells. Damn that game.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Games that have beat you? - Jul 30, 2005 13:18
Yeah that first test in D1 Grand Prix Drift Series Professional D was a bitch! In all my searching, I could not find anyone in the world who ever was able to get past step 1 of the tutorial.
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: Games that have beat you? - Jul 30, 2005 15:33
Harvest Moon a Wonderful Life, it' s too boring so I havn' t finished it yet.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Games that have beat you? - Jul 30, 2005 20:30
Legend of Zelda. I had a total love hate relationship with that game in my youth.

FFV, I threw down the controller in rage and never finished.

I am sure there are many many more. I know my brother has gotten me through some rough spots many of times, I just get frustrated to easily.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Games that have beat you? - Jul 31, 2005 05:15
Infiltrator on the Commodore 64! Not the stealth part, where you sneak around the enemy base, but the helicopter part. If you don' t like driving simulations, you would have absolutely loathed this game! It was SO realistic. I mean, who wants to play a game that simulates flying a helicopter? I swear, EVERY BUTTON ON THE KEYBOARD HAD A DIFFERENT FUNCTION! It was like performing brain surgery while balancing on a unicycle!
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Games that have beat you? - Jul 31, 2005 18:29
Jet Set Radio Future. I love the game and its style but its way too long. Also, Total Recall on the NES. I never could get past the 5th midget or whatever the hell they were.
< Message edited by immortaldanmx -- 1 Aug 05 2:30:56 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message