Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Force Unleashed
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Force Unleashed - May 28, 2008 18:17
Why do tie figthers explode when a trooper is thrown into it

< Message edited by vx chemical -- 28 May 08 10:29:32 >
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Force Unleashed - May 28, 2008 22:55
I can answer this one for you.

It is not very well known that in the Star Wars universe the Storm Troopers actually were akin to Japanese Suicide Bombers. A lot of the Storm Troopers carried very small explosive devices on them that they could activate whenever the proper situation warranted it. This is what you are seeing in that video. Just before the Storm Trooper hits the Tie Fighter, he activates the explosive device and destroys himself along with the Fighter.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Force Unleashed - May 28, 2008 23:30
canadagamer, and you really think that developers thought of it that way ?
Vx Chemical

RE: Force Unleashed - May 28, 2008 23:51

It is not very well known that in the Star Wars universe the Storm Troopers actually were akin to Japanese Suicide Bombers. A lot of the Storm Troopers carried very small explosive devices on them that they could activate whenever the proper situation warranted it. This is what you are seeing in that video. Just before the Storm Trooper hits the Tie Fighter, he activates the explosive device and destroys himself along with the Fighter.

Its stupid a game that prides itself with physics does this. its the same as hitting a pedestrian in GTA and your car explodes.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Force Unleashed - May 28, 2008 23:55

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Its stupid a game that prides itself with physics does this. its the same as hitting a pedestrian in GTA and your car explodes.

I' ve never had that happen... That' s really happened to you? It' s rare that my cars ever explode unless I' m getting shot at or I have a flat tire that sparks my car up. Normally the car just dies.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Force Unleashed - May 28, 2008 23:57

Because it' s
COOL!
Vx Chemical

RE: Force Unleashed - May 29, 2008 00:29

I' ve never had that happen... That' s really happened to you? It' s rare that my cars ever explode unless I' m getting shot at or I have a flat tire that sparks my car up. Normally the car just dies.

I meant that it doesnt do that in GTA and that it would be fucked up if it did
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Force Unleashed - May 29, 2008 00:33

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I meant that it doesnt do that in GTA and that it would be ***ed up if it did

Ah, gotcha.
canadagamer

RE: Force Unleashed - May 29, 2008 00:38

Its stupid a game that prides itself with physics does this

I completely agree.

BTW, I thought that my answer made the most sense.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Force Unleashed - May 29, 2008 01:33

t is not very well known that in the Star Wars universe the Storm Troopers actually were akin to Japanese Suicide Bombers. A lot of the Storm Troopers carried very small explosive devices on them that they could activate whenever the proper situation warranted it. This is what you are seeing in that video. Just before the Storm Trooper hits the Tie Fighter, he activates the explosive device and destroys himself along with the Fighter.

Both good points. And yes Eddie_the_Hated it is mindless eye candy but eventually that gimmick would probably fade after 2 hrs playing.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Force Unleashed - May 29, 2008 03:52
Goes to show the lack of quality control on those ships
canadagamer

RE: Force Unleashed - May 29, 2008 03:58

Goes to show the lack of quality control on those ships

Ah yes. I believe the same company who made the hardware for the 360 are also producing the new Tie Fighters.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Force Unleashed - May 29, 2008 09:59

To me, it looks like the explosion is coming from the TIE fighters, rather than the storm trooper. Wasn' t there a SW game that had remotely detonated TIE fighters?

EDIT: I probably shouldn' t read in a hurry... [/dumbass]
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 29 May 08 2:01:31 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread