Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PSP North American Launch details
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
PSP North American Launch details - Feb 03, 2005 11:34
This just posted at IGN

http://psp.ign.com/articles/584/584983p1.aspx

I' m not sure what this means for the PSP. Undoubtadly it' s still a great piece of hardware, but by only providing the more expensive option are they hurting themselves by limiting who will buy the unit?? Who knows, people have money to burn, maybe this won' t be a deterant at all. Thoughts?
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: PSP North American Launch details - Feb 03, 2005 13:23
it gonna be to expensive
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PSP North American Launch details - Feb 03, 2005 13:31
Considering how alot of folks and industry analysts initially predicted a Much higher price tag for the unit, I think it' s a fair starting price for so much stuff packed into it :)
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: PSP North American Launch details - Feb 03, 2005 13:59
I' ll agree there' s a lot of stuff packed into it, and I agree it' s probably a fair price considering what it can do, heck it' s actually cheap considering the technology it has. But do you think it' s pulled itself out of a price point that' s reasonable for the vast majority of hand held buyers?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PSP North American Launch details - Feb 03, 2005 16:50
One thing that IS likely going to annoy gamers and with good reason is that Sony themselves stated that the PSP would cost no more than $200. So releasing just the ' above $200' Value Pack at launch is likely to put some folks off.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: PSP North American Launch details - Feb 03, 2005 18:00
This gives the DS a chance at life. Since the PSP costs $100 more than the DS, I think that the PSP won' t be the runaway hit that everyone thought it would be if it were $199 or less. Still, I imagine it will sell very well initially, like all platforms seem to do (except for the Saturn which was released unannounced).
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: PSP North American Launch details - Feb 03, 2005 19:52
For the UK, we had all been under the impression that the price would be £180 and the date, March 25. But the latest rumours scrap that date, now suggesing April 17 for the Euro PSP launch. Hmm. It' s probably true although I won' t budge on that price estimate!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: PSP North American Launch details - Feb 03, 2005 20:30
I probably won' t be getting a PSP. $100 extra for Spiderman 2 the movie (which was crap) and a few cleaning cloths plus a bag to carry it in? It also comes with a remote control. Why the hell would I need a remote control for a freakin' portable game system? I can not think of anything more retarded than that. The DS is more interesting to me so far.

DS games I care about:
-Feel da Magic XYZ/ABC
-Warioware Fondled
-Castlevania DS
-Metroid game
As you can see, there will be at least 4 games I will enjoy before this system dies next year.

PSP games I care about
-Ridge Racer
-Possible Castlevania 3D Crapfest
Only 1 game that even somewhat sparks my interest, and the other will be a 3D joke if it comes out just like the PS2 versions.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: PSP North American Launch details - Feb 04, 2005 06:00
Sony have announced that the UK release won' t be in March due to problems in maufacturing enough chips. TBH I really don' t see an European release until May at the very earliest.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll