Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What' s On Your Mind Today?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 46
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 08, 2004 16:15
I have been thinking about which second-job I really want to take...each of the offers I have provide enough pay to cover my ' required' expenses, but it would be nice to have even more extra cash...

On one hand, I could take a job that I know would be more enjoyable, but with less pay. Or, I could take the job that pays more, but would be less enjoyable.

If I' m gonna work 2 jobs, I would at least like to enjoy some part of my day.

This is what' s on my mind...for today at least.

So, what' s on your mind today?

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 08, 2004 18:40
Take the good job. The enjoyable one.

I am thinking about videogames, but that' s my job.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 08, 2004 18:54
What' d you do in your job Joe?

I' m also thinking about getting a job. Went to a few ' Game' stores today, picke dup an application form in one and was asked to drop off a CV in a second one. A job in a game shop would be great though. I remember as a kid thinking people in those shops were useless... not knowing when a certain game I was dying for was coming out. At least I' d know and be able to help.

I' m also thinking about how much money I should take to the pub with me tonight...
Joe Redifer

RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 08, 2004 19:28
I beta test video and computer games. Not at home, but in an office.
DaRoosh65

RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 08, 2004 19:29
Hey, Joe, what' s it like to work at a videogame store?

When it' s slow, do you get to play games all you want?
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 08, 2004 20:15
Thinking about?
Lots of stuff I guess
1. Why am I in a crappy mood - reason = left home alone all day, no one to talk to so I keep quiet and when people come home I wish to keep quiet but instead get annoyed

2. What do I need to buy - garbage bags, school supplies.....

3. What to do after I graduate - I dont know

4. What time to go for supper - 6 but I have to walk so soon

Hmm that' s all for now
Also thought/worked on my music library and some games
I am beta testing a couple now but just on my PC, I don' t get paid
whatabout_paul

RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 08, 2004 23:18
Beta test games in an office? So do you get many games to test? How long do you get each game? lol, it sounds exciting though I don' t know if it is in reality... having never beta tested a game before.

Oh, and because I know you are all wondering, I survived the pub spending only about a fiver on diet coke. I' m er... trying to watch my figure
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 09, 2004 05:53
You people have a better leisure time than me. Schools is starting later and ending later and homework and homework and housework and sleep. wow! what a day! oh yea, practicing piano is the best thing to do!
DaRoosh65

RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 09, 2004 13:02
This is a follow-up to my last post...

I decided to keep the more enjoyable job...the higher paying job, after personal considerations (time and $$ spent on gas), just wasn' t paying THAT much more.

Today, I' m thinking about how to re-work my budget to take care of all my bills, put away some money for Xmas and kid' s birthdays, still get a few XBOX games, and put money aside for personal property taxes (due Dec. 31st).

What a life...think my hair will be fully grey by year' s end...
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 10, 2004 00:13
the ds is on my mine its allways on my mine!!!!!!
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 10, 2004 00:47
Hmmm my school. It demands so much.. Storyboards due.... Posters are due... it' s so much stress. So that' s what' s on my mind.
DaRoosh65

RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 10, 2004 01:56

Hmmm my school. It demands so much.. Storyboards due.... Posters are due... it' s so much stress. So that' s what' s on my mind.

What are the storyboards for?

I take it that you are an artist of some sort?

toxicavenger

• Total Posts : 92
RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 10, 2004 05:52
whats on my mind is how usa has 200,000 pow' s. prisoners of the war on drugs. the fact that a 60 year old woman with glacomma (sp?) (who needs to use a vaporiser to ease her pain) gets caught and thrown in jail, as in amsterdam, you can have a bit of hash with your coffee while talking to a police officer (off duty). the fact that people get put into jail for a plant. sure one could argue that heroine and opium are made from plants, but thats my point. they need a man made process to become that way. man made beer, god made pot. who do you trust?
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 10, 2004 23:19
today i am stressed, work sucks and i quit my other job, science sucks and I think I may have made a mistake when choosign a career. I have to clean my house, but that also sucks. and the weather is miserable.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 11, 2004 00:06
What' s on my mind? We' ve only been living in Virginia for approx. 4 months and now my dh has been offered another job in Connecticut! More money? yes. Better benefits? yes. But I' m soooooo tired of moving!
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 11, 2004 02:35
What' s on my mind today? Worries about the Official Xbox Magazines, $%#@$% damn things! After I purchased my Xbox, there was a postcard to request 1 free magazine. So, I sent that in, got a magazine ALONG WITH AN INVOICE!!. Surprisingly, I recieved another magazine. I' ve definitely been signed up WITHOUT my consent. So, I refused to pay to those (#*$&@#, and the " Final Notice" invoice came, threatening to cut my so-called " suscription" if they don' t recieve payment by September 23! PLEASE give me advice on what to do? Should I lag payment or pay? If I don' t pay, is there gonna be lawsuits? Sorry, I am not so much into law and business.
Joe Redifer

RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 11, 2004 08:16

Hey, Joe, what' s it like to work at a videogame store?

When it' s slow, do you get to play games all you want?

I don' t work in a videogame store. I don' t think I could ever do that. Too much like working at McDonalds in that you have to deal with lots of customers and you work in a very small space. Let' s not forget that the wages suck and the experience isn' t good for much other than to show you can handle and keep a basic job, handle money, and deal with the public. The last two are things I never want to worry about in a job ever again, even thouugh I did them well for the short time that I did them (worked at a movie theater for a coupe years with the public before finally taking over the projection booth forever).

Beta test games in an office? So do you get many games to test? How long do you get each game? lol, it sounds exciting though I don' t know if it is in reality... having never beta tested a game before.

1. Yes.
2. Depends on what is available at the time and how many " projects" we have going. We are usually divided up into at least two or three teams. Right now I am on the biggest team.
3. Depends on the developer. Usually for AT LEAST a month, usually more. We have to test each revision of the game and make sure old bugs were fixed as well as check for new ones.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 11, 2004 17:06
I' m wondering where all the September 11th stuff is at. Last year it was all over tv but this year it' s hardly even mentioned...I think that' s sad.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 12, 2004 05:13
Today I am contemplating where I am in my life and where i want to be. I am slowly getting there.

I also was contemplating how to make a " pirate wench" costume for Hallowe' en
whatabout_paul

RE: What' s On Your Mind Today? - Sep 13, 2004 00:07
A " pirate wench" constume definatly sounds interesting...
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 46

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message