Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The PC Problem? Serious Discussion Inside!
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
The PC Problem? Serious Discussion Inside! - Jul 16, 2004 15:03
GAME are one of the biggest videogames retailers in the UK and they have recently stopped refunds & exchanges on PC software. Many people complain that a game won' t work on their machine and GAME still won' t give a refund arguing that they explain to all customers that they do not offer refunds on PC software and that they should check the specifications on the back on the box before purchasing.

Game normally resell games returned within their 10day policy, but due to more and more games requiring key-codes are serial keys to play, reselling the games is not an option.

Another reason GAME no longer offer refunds on PC software is to reduce piracy. Customers can no longer buy a game, copy it, and refund it.

If a customer is unfortunate enough to have a faulty disk, GAME will swap the disk for another. The original box/key code will remain the same and will not be replaced with a newer version.

Supermarkets already do not refund any software and it seems many others will follow in the footsteps of GAME.

The problem is when a bug infested game like DEUS EX comes out there are so many bugs that even people with really high spec machines cant play it as they don’t have the EXACT specification the game requests. What do you think developers should do? Should they have a demo of each and every game they release for customers to check that the full version of the game will work on their machine when they purchase it? If there were demo' s available though, and prospective customers found they were unable to play the full version of the game sales would go down?

So what happen? Developers should spend more time fixing bug but I can' t see that happening with consumers at the same time inpatient for a release date. How can we resolve this problem within the games industry?

For now I think I' ll just stick to console versions of games.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll