Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gamecube - Troubles
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
Gamecube - Troubles - Jul 10, 2004 03:35
My son has GC and twice now we have had the GC replaced, under warranty, because it stopped reading disks. Now it' s happening again and is no long covered under warranty. It will cost $70 plus tax to fix it (might as well buy a new one for $99 and get a free game too). Anyone have this problem with Gamecube?
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: Gamecube - Troubles - Jul 10, 2004 05:08
i had the same problem, but it was wierd, because i just stopped playing for a while (about a week) and when i went back to play it, it worked. i called the guys at nintendo, but they didn' t help.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Gamecube - Troubles - Jul 10, 2004 05:30
Chances are this will happen again. Where is the Gamecube placed as it is used? Is it able to get all of the ventalation it needs? Is your son putting peanut butter and jelly sandwiches inside of the Gamecube? Another thing that can break a Gamecube (though you' d have to be a HUGE goofball who likes import games to do this) is to leave your Gamecube powered on and paused for days. :)
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Gamecube - Troubles - Jul 10, 2004 05:34
lol! Had to replace my GameCube once because it stopped reading game discs after I left Viewtiful Joe on pause for 3 days.

Oh wait, Joe already covered that, LOL..
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 7/10/2004 5:36:12 AM >
Sharon

RE: Gamecube - Troubles - Jul 10, 2004 22:18
LOL okay, I' ve this problem before and the GC worked after a couple of weeks, then ... it happens again. THE GAMECUBE IS DEFINITELY FLAWED. Never had this problem with any other machine I' ve owned.
Joe Redifer

RE: Gamecube - Troubles - Jul 10, 2004 22:27
Is Sony manufacturing the Gamecube? If not, then it shouldn' t break down. Sony likes to make things that break down, that way people will have to buy another system to replace it because they don' t want their game collections to go to waste, and it artificially inflates Sony' s installed user base.

Are you sure your Gamecube has enough breathing space? Do you live in a humid environment? If so, you should move. Oh wait... you' re in Canada. Oh no... Virginia! Is that humid? You' re not getting the purple GC are you? The purple one doesn' t work as well, simply because it is purple. Everyone hates purple, including God, and He is destroying your purple Gamecube. He wants you to have a black one. Also, don' t buy your GC from Wal*Mart. Those are made in sweatshops (like everything at Wal*Mart).
Sharon

RE: Gamecube - Troubles - Jul 10, 2004 22:37
Oh no, I' ve bought a purple GC AND purchased it at Walmart---- no, no that' s not right, I' ve purchased it at HBC (that' s strictly Canadian -- Hudson Bay Company) you know the furrrrr guys? Oh, oh, wait. My daughter' s fav color is purple -- she can' t stand her brother -- oh no she' s in cahoots with GOD! *&%%*$% I have to trade it in ---- oh no the warranty has run out ---- I' M SCREWED!
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Gamecube - Troubles - Jul 11, 2004 00:10
I' ve had 2 gamecubes go out. I had the warranty on the first one, so when I got my second one I opted to skip the warranty. I didn' t realize nintendo' s product this time around was so shoddy.

I had a launch-day ps2 last me 2 and a half years until a game ended up getting stuck in it, and I got a new one for free. I would think of all the systems out right now the gamecube could take the most beating, with the least errors
Joe Redifer

RE: Gamecube - Troubles - Jul 11, 2004 02:37
If you live in a trailer, the Gamecube won' t work properly. Do you live in a trailer?

Maybe Nintendo intentionally made their system a bit " prone to breakage" simply because it is a disc based system. Nintendo HATES anything that isn' t a cartidge. And their next system, " Revolution" will not use disc based media. This way they can complain that disc based media was just too prone to mechanical failure, thus the return to wimpy-ass 1 gigabit carts like for the DSP or the Dildo or whatever their new portable system is called. The carts only hold 128 Megabytes, which equals the more impressive sounding 1 gigabit of info.

My Gamecube still works great, but I barely use the thing. There are only a few games out for the machine.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 7/11/2004 2:39:18 AM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message