Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The calm before the storm?
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
The calm before the storm? - Nov 24, 2005 14:38
Here was me thinkign as soon as the 360 came out in the Us there would be a whirlwind of posts about it. instead it' s dead. Is it me or is everyone too busy playing on them to post?

Seems the calm before the storm has hit the UK game charts though. Sales are down and several big named titles didn' t even dent the chart... Shadow entering at number 25, Rush not even in the top 40. The prediction, people are holding onto their cash for the 360
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: The calm before the storm? - Nov 24, 2005 17:04
Yes in UK probably,where all american products are cheap,while rest in europe we have to stick with the 500-550 dollar price tag.

Im very much upset with it,and ms is a greedy sob company,anyone who says else need help irl.
They give us this huge price tag because they want to gather some of the profit,from the lost money in japan,thx a lot MS.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: The calm before the storm? - Nov 24, 2005 18:20
don' t complain so much quezcatol. In canada the premium costs 500 dollars too, add tax to that it becomes $575 CAD. If u wanna know, microsoft is actually losing about 120 dollars on each console they sell. They don' t really care about this as they say they will make profit in other areas and everything will even out. so be happy for the price, cuz if they actually wanted to make at least 50 bucks US out of the 360, they would have to sell a premium at a price of around 600 bucks in the US for the premium.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: The calm before the storm? - Nov 24, 2005 19:45
Sorry Killer, I' m with Quetz on this one. I' m from Canada too, and I yes it' s 500 bucks here, but don' t forget that the euro is worth about 1.5x the canadian dollar so when they' re paying 500, that' s like 750 canadian. ouch.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: The calm before the storm? - Nov 25, 2005 02:17
I never really bothered to calculate what the difference in price is from the US one to the Danish one. It wouldnt matter since me complaining about it probably wouldnt change it.

just did the calculations and it turns out im paying 505$ for mine. but thats including the danish horrible sales tax of 25%

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll