Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Revolution: the specs and info ....Updated.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Nintendo Revolution: the specs and info ....Updated. - May 17, 2005 11:09
I' ll immediately start by quoting Nintendo as an introduction, they say it better than I do anyway:

" We will show the world what a next-gen system can be. Revolution marries the strongest heritage of innovation to the future of gaming," says Nintendo President Satoru Iwata. " With backward compatibility and the ' virtual console' concept, the stylish, compact body provides maximum gaming power. It will not only take home entertainment into another dimension by expanding the definition of video games, but it also will give you access to the great history of gaming."

Alright, now for the new facts:

# The look: it will be able to stand horizontally or vertically. Different colours will be available.
# Backwards compatible with Nintendo GameCube.
# More backwards compatibility: there' s downloadable access to NES, SNES and N64 games.
# Wireless: Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection is a new service for online gaming, fully wireless.
# Freedom of design: just like the GameCube, games should be easy to make for everyone.

And now the (vague) specifications:

The system boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, wireless controllers, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi access. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment. Revolution' s technological heart, a processing chip developed with IBM and code-named " Broadway," and a graphics chip set from ATI code-named " Hollywood," will deliver game experiences not previously possible.

Let the next console wars begin! :)

Nothing revoloutnry there but i feel the ' revoloution' is in the controller. Still ps3 is my fav if they change that controller.

Update
The Nintendo Pre-E3 conference ended about five minutes ago and here are the highlights of the show.

# The Nintendo Revolution was shown, just like we had said (while most other sites were saying it wouldn' t be displayed).
# There will be a Game Boy Micro, a slimmed-down version of the regular GBA SP about the size of an iPod Mini.
# You will be able to download Nintendo' s entire back catalogue, starting from NES games, with the Nintendo Revolution
# The Revolution is about the size of 3 DVD boxes
# Sequels for Metroid Prime, Legend of Zelda and Mario are in development for Revolution
# Controller design will be revealed later on
# The NDS will feature wireless online gaming, in association with GameSpy
# Elektroplankton is a revolutionary music game for NDS
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 17 May 05 19:59:19 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Nintendo Revolution: the specs and info - May 17, 2005 11:13
I like the idea of getting any old ninty game, but I want to hear about the new games. And I wonder if that 512 megs is the only form of internal storage? Right now botht the other systmes have hard drives, I gotta wonder when it comes to game patches (which unfortunatley are becoming more common with games being rushed out) if it won' t be missing out. Also, I' d like to SEE what it can do. Give us a tech demo already damn it!! Plus Iwata said that this is a concept model and that the real deal will be smaller still.

I was with you for a while Silentbomber over how the PS3 looks, but after that side shot, I can' t look at it anymore. My order of preference in the plain old visual dept. is revolution>Xbox360>PS3
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Nintendo Revolution: the specs and info ....Updated. - May 17, 2005 12:17
I hope Wi-Fi isn' t REQUIRED, because I love and cherish my wired LAN/WAN very much.
mxpx182

RE: Nintendo Revolution: the specs and info ....Updated. - May 17, 2005 12:26
I agree, I don' t have WiFi set up at home, but I' ve got a beatful network wired throughout my house.
mxpx182

RE: Nintendo Revolution: the specs and info ....Updated. - May 17, 2005 14:22
One other tidbit. With all the mystery around the Revs controller I once stated that it must function somewhat normally, as the machine is able to play gamecube games (and N64,SNES, and NES as it now seems) it appears I was maybe wrong. If you watch that press conference, there' s one point where you can clearly see in the background an image of the rev with it' s top open, and 4 gamecube controller ports sitting there. So if they have to provide us Ports for the gamecube controllers, I' m assuming the REv' s controllers would not be able to play the old games. Level of mystery rising......
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nintendo Revolution: the specs and info ....Updated. - May 17, 2005 14:57
you controll it with your mind!
AlphaX

• Total Posts : 16
RE: Nintendo Revolution: the specs and info ....Updated. - May 17, 2005 15:37
Pure fantasy here but maybe the lack of controllercould be cause sony stole nintendos (there has to be some reason sony) " For the love of god sony give it back its not funny anymore"
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: Nintendo Revolution: the specs and info ....Updated. - May 17, 2005 20:20
Yeah i totally agree with you. All Sony is known for is copying everyone else. Nintendo was the first to have the L & R buttons and then Sony had 2. Then Nintendo had a analog controll and then Sony had 2. Nintendo was supposed to show the controllers but then changed since the lawsuit and Sony being stupidly stubborn and keeps trying to appeal it so they don' t have to stop selling PS2 and the controllers. The judge' s order does not kick in until Sony stops appealing it or a Judge denies Sony to keep appealing it.

I also wonder what Sony will do about the Blu-Ray format since there is the story out that Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are supposed to combine into one format.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll