Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 2 Not Sell Well? Who Posts Stuff Like That?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Halo 2 Not Sell Well? Who Posts Stuff Like That? - Oct 13, 2004 16:49
Now, You know that if Mortal Kombat Deception can sell 1 million units in this short a time, that Halo 2 will be WAY off the scales!!!

Besides, Halo 2 already has well over 1 million pre-orders...and if what I read the other day is true, the actual pre-order figure is over 2 million!

The current 24 hour record is held by Finding Nemo at 8 million copies...Halo, even without the help of a blockbuster movie, most surely will surpass this figure.

Can' t wait for Halo 2!!!!!

One million MK: Deception copies shipped!

Midway Games announced today that Mortal Kombat: Deception, the latest entry in the company' s best-selling Mortal Kombat franchise, has shipped more than one million units to retail stores across North America.

Slashing its way to an amazing start at retail, Mortal Kombat: Deception is the fastest selling game in the history of Midway outselling even its highly-successful predecessor, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, by more than 35% in its first week of release.

Mortal Kombat: Deception' s online mode has also been a massive hit with consumers. Since the game' s launch six days ago more than 130,000 matches have been fought online over PlayStation 2.

" Mortal Kombat is clearly a franchise that continues to deliver innovative gameplay along with the hardcore, intense fighting action that fans have come to know and love over the past 12 years," said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. " We' re extremely pleased to see that Deception has been received in such a positive light by both the media and consumers since we first announced the title in March. It' s a true testament to the Mortal Kombat team' s hard work and dedication that consumer interest is high enough to make Deception the fastest selling game in Midway' s history."
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 10/13/2004 4:51:42 PM >
HydroGen

• Total Posts : 52
RE: Halo 2 Not Sell Well? Who Posts Stuff Like That? - Oct 13, 2004 17:16
It will sell about 5 or 6 million i think.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Halo 2 Not Sell Well? Who Posts Stuff Like That? - Oct 13, 2004 22:40
Halo 2 won' t sell well at all. It' ll have similar sales numbers as the Xbox game Syberia. The reason is that they are not marketing Halo 2 very well. Nobody knows what it is or hasn' t even heard of it. If only they would start marketing this game and then maybe it would have a chance in the stores.
DaRoosh65

RE: Halo 2 Not Sell Well? Who Posts Stuff Like That? - Oct 14, 2004 12:10

If only they would start marketing this game...

I agree, Joe...

You' d think that they would plaster ads on TV, but I have seen only 1 commercial!

And, I never saw it again...

The only other actual advertising that I know of, outside videogaming mags and websites, is the trailer they released for play in the theaters just before each movie.

I will say, though, that M$ probably figures that enough people are tracking Halo 2, and will talk to their friends about it...word of mouth is a powerful method to reach a large consumer base.

Doesn' t matter so much to me...eveyone I know, that owns an XBOX, is getting Halo 2!

And those friends I know that own PS2' s and GC' s are pissed that it' s not coming to their systems!

I have comforted them by saying that they can come over to play on my XBOX.

This is one of those times that I really enjoy being a XBOX owner...
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 10/14/2004 12:13:03 PM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Halo 2 Not Sell Well? Who Posts Stuff Like That? - Oct 14, 2004 13:26
The difference between the Mortal Kombat and Halo sales figures are that 1. Mortal Kombat' s figure isn' t THAT impressive considering that it' s SHIPPED numbers in a multiplatform scenario...

2. What makes Halo' s figures way more impressive is that those are Pre-sold figures AND it' s on one console. :) Who knows where Halo 2 would be today if Microsoft hadn' t been smart enough to bundle the original Halo in with some of those later Xbox units.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 10/14/2004 1:27:51 PM >
DaRoosh65

RE: Halo 2 Not Sell Well? Who Posts Stuff Like That? - Oct 14, 2004 17:18
Just think of where M$ would be if they released Halo 2 as a multi-platform title?

Without a doubt, They would have shattered all sales records everywhere!!!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Halo 2 Not Sell Well? Who Posts Stuff Like That? - Oct 14, 2004 22:52
The last MK game sold less and was hailed a success, a breath of fresh air to the series on it' s last legs even. Deception having done better just further bolsters the series back in the for-front of arcade beat-em-ups. It also means Midway can spend more money making the next Mortal Kombat game even better than this. I think we' ve seen the last for this generation though.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Halo 2 Not Sell Well? Who Posts Stuff Like That? - Oct 14, 2004 23:34
You' ll be lucky if Halo 2 even sells 5 million measley copies.

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 10/14/2004 11:35:22 PM >
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Halo 2 Not Sell Well? Who Posts Stuff Like That? - Oct 15, 2004 05:57
Midway has slowly started to turn it around again. I remember I read an article about the some new corporate guy who' s helped bring up the quality in things at other places. He was really more interested in quality over quantity, and I can' t say that I disagree.

On a side-note...that new MK game is the shit. Of course I only played it once but it was fun while I beat a friend of mine' s ass at Chess Kombat. My only advice...Kenshi as your grunt...unstoppable...
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Halo 2 Not Sell Well? Who Posts Stuff Like That? - Oct 21, 2004 09:10
If the game alwready sold 1.5 million copies 3 weeks before its release.I wouldnt be surprised if it sells 5 million copies by years end.
< Message edited by RUSSIAN MOBSTER -- 10/21/2004 9:12:17 AM >
DaRoosh65

RE: Halo 2 Not Sell Well? Who Posts Stuff Like That? - Oct 21, 2004 18:44
You know...with the buzz about someone stealing the French version of Halo 2, and making it available for download from the internet, I wouldn' t be surprised if M$ doesn' t see quite a few additional ' sold' copies through pre-orders and post-release sales.

I also don' t think that the theft was unintentional...it just sounds too strange that anyone would get past the security that you know M$ would have on any (or all) copies of Halo 2. This just sounds like a publicity stunt...

And, with GTA:SA now having been listed on many websites as ' stolen' ...this is just too much a coincidence!!!

All I really care about is getting my hands on my ' paid-in-full' copy of Halo 2, so I may enjoy the legal goodness that was meant to be...

Die Covenant scoundrels!!! Die!!!
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 10/21/2004 6:45:56 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread