Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii, one month later
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 37 of 37
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 20, 2006 20:02

BTW any one finished Z:TP yet. I don' t even know if i got half way but if clocked almost 30 hours on it already.

No. I am only ten hours in and loving every minute of it!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 21, 2006 03:13
I' ve been all over the NiMh batteries for years now Joe, it' s what powers both my 360 controllers and my wiimotes. It' s just a pain going to play, find out your batteries are dead and then have to take from my other controllers why they recharge.

and I agree. Docking stations, power packs, dumb. a charger AND enough batteries for 2 wiimotes is going to cost you 20 bucks. Cheap, reliable, and if you need to, you can even use those batteries for other things.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 20 Dec 06 19:14:58 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 21, 2006 03:52
3 weeks on..

I love it..

The Console Feel

Like only Nintendo (and SEGA) knew how to..

..I switch on the Wii and it actually feels and sounds like a ' Games Console' . not a media Device.

Sleek

The design is gorgeous, the feel of the wiimotes and nunchuck own everything before.. Holding all other pads, feels cheap afterwards.

I even accidently picked up the wiimote and held down the power button to turn my 360 on.. :(

Lets get together

The Wii has been an instant hit with freinds, they always want me to fire up the console to play abit of Baseball, tennis, bowling or even play through ZELDA.. (all my save points are full with different users/frinds/Gf progresses). Certainly has that star appeal. (this never happen to this degree with my other consoles)

I used to hate Nintendo before DS, but i so understand and respect what they do for the games industry now.

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 20 Dec 06 19:57:07 >
FiyaMAYNE

• Total Posts : 12
RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 21, 2006 04:18
hmmm, i do have to agree wit immortal dan has 2 say, meaning i have yet to pay attention to whats going on here, i own a 360 but not a wii, ive played on a wii, but i would much rather play a 360, just the feeling of the little hicky doo u have as a controller? nooo way not for me, i feel much with a BIG WHITE controller in my hand
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 21, 2006 08:03

I' ve been all over the NiMh batteries for years now Joe,

I figured you' d be. Also, you can get extra batteries and have them charged up and ready for when the current ones run out. When you swap ' em, just place the old ones in the charger and they' ll be ready next time.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 21, 2006 13:05
too bad the extras are always in my wifes vi......... um I mean my daughters fisher price toys.
Joe Redifer

RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 21, 2006 14:08
Be thankful that she doesn' t require 4 " D" size batteries.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 23, 2006 07:55

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Be thankful that she doesn' t require 4 " D" size batteries.

Nice!

BTW, this message was made on the Wii internet browser!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 23, 2006 08:10
Can you use msn Web messenger on the Wii? That' d be cool!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 23, 2006 08:30
Oh yeah! As far as the Wii is concerned; I like it. The controller feels very natural and intuitive. I' ve been playing mostly Trauma Center and Excite Truck and have to say that both are a blast, and wouldn' t be the same without the Wiimote. I bought Zelda on day one, but haven' t played it at all, although a friend of mine came over and played for about an hour. It looks like fun, but I' ve got WAAAY too many games to start on that, yet. I' ll probably get around to it in about six months to a year!

And the second controller can be turned off by simply pushing the " Home" button on controller one and clicking " Contoller settings" at the bottom of the screen. Then you click " Reconnect" and, once it turns off all the controllers, push buttons 1 and 2 on the controller you want to use. Sounds complicated, but really it' s not!

It also DOES turn the controllers off when you turn off the Wii, so I don' t know what happened with yours! Weird.

The cool thing about the Wii; when you have a message waiting and the system is off, there is a pulsating blue glow that emanates from the slot drive! Sweet!
Joe Redifer

RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 23, 2006 08:41

Don' t force me to make a post on my Dreamcast web browser. I' ve done it before! You' ve been warned.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 23, 2006 08:51

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Don' t force me to make a post on my Dreamcast web browser. I' ve done it before! You' ve been warned.

No kidding, DC had usable internets right out of the box over 7 years ago. And you could use a keyboard and mouse with it as well.

Have fun browsing at 640x480 lawlalawlalwawlawlawlawlawlawlz. At least it uses Opera.
Joe Redifer

RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 23, 2006 09:20
I hate Opera! At least the Dreamcast uses Firefox.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 23, 2006 09:50
The dreamcast even had the internet before any other Console. Clearly its the best console ever.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 23, 2006 09:55

hmmm, i do have to agree wit immortal dan has 2 say, meaning i have yet to pay attention to whats going on here, i own a 360 but not a wii, ive played on a wii, but i would much rather play a 360, just the feeling of the little hicky doo u have as a controller? nooo way not for me, i feel much with a BIG WHITE controller in my hand

? how are you agreeing with me when I didnt say any of that?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 23, 2006 10:05
I agree with you immortaldanmx, We need to find and burn all the 360/ps3' s around. The Dreamcast has spoken.

Dreamcast laughs at Wii, Dreamcast has better online.
Joe Redifer

RE: Wii, one month later - Dec 23, 2006 10:51
Hell yeah it does. None of that craptastic " WiFi" on that system. Gimme wired LAN any day.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 37 of 37

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message