Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sixaxsis gets full Wiimote functionality
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Sixaxsis gets full Wiimote functionality - Sep 25, 2006 05:21
October 2006 issue of Game Informer.

-I was under the impression that the Wii' s motion sensing technology was much more advanced than the PlayStation 3' s. I heard that the PS3 will sense tilt, but the Wii will sense a whole range of motion. Everyone always talks about graphical differences in consoles, but I think it' s important to talk about these gameplay differences, too.
-Jonathan Davis
Leavenworth, KS

-In the debate over which console will dominate this holiday season, this is a point often brought up against Sony, and wrongly so. At this year' s E3, the only game at Sony' s booth to showcase the motion-sensing capabilities of the controller was Warhawk, and because that game only sensed tilt, the misconception spread that it was a limit of the controller' s function. We recently spoke to Sony representatives who confirmed that the PS3 controller is capable of recognizing all three axes (X, Y, Z), as well as positive and negative distance. In short, this means that the controller theoretically has the same motion-sensing potential as the Wii remote, but we won' t be able to compare how well either system uses that potential until we' re playing games on the final hardware.

Interesting...
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 25 Sep 06 0:39:42 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread