Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Winter Olympics
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
Winter Olympics - Feb 24, 2006 10:35
..okay, now that the games are close to completion, what have been the highlights for you so far?...

...i' m pissed that i didn' t really get the chance to see as much as i would of liked, but from what i did see, the funniest moment has to be in the final of the women' s snowboard cross event...

...after two of the four competitors had crashed out in this typically wipeout heavy event, reigning World Champion, Lindsey Jacobellis of the USA was gliding down the remainder of the course, with a huge lead over the other remaining competitor, who had been badly impeded by the earlier wipeouts... Jacobellis was cruising to claim a far easier Gold Medal than she would of ever dreamt to expect...

...or would of, had she not decided on the penultimate jump to attempt a totally unnecessary freestyle board-grab mid jump... ...the fact that she is good at tricks (she competed in the Halfpipe competition) must of been temporarily forgotten because she totally f*cked up the landing, falling on her @$$ and skidded on her back for a few yards, giving Tanja Frieden of Switzerland, more than enough time to catch up and easily slip by to claim Gold for the first ever women' s Olympic Snowboard Cross...

...see that speck in the distance?... that' s Lindsey..

...yippe-kaaai-aee!!!!...

...f*ck!!!!...

...thank you very much, Ms Dumb@$$...

...yesss!! free gold for me!!...
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Winter Olympics - Feb 24, 2006 13:53
I haven' t watched much of the Winter Olympics. Every time I turn them on it is some form of ice skating. Real men do not watch ice skating. The Winter Olympics don' t really count... they' re kind of like the fake Olympics or some form of stop-gap. The summer Olympics are where it' s at.

NBC screws up the HDTV broadcast as well. Looks good, but since it' s NBC, there are digital artifacts whenever anything moves. The Dolby 5.1 is underwhelming as well. NBC just doesn' t do TV right, I don' t think.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 24 Feb 06 5:55:17 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Winter Olympics - Feb 24, 2006 18:23

Real men do not watch ice skating

LOL!

they' re kind of like the fake Olympics

It' s true, they don' t count. Now the Winter X-Games definatley count as much as the Summer X-Games, but i guess you have to be into that kind of thing.

NBC screws up the HDTV broadcast

This is just how your mind works eh Joe?!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Winter Olympics - Feb 24, 2006 19:45
Winter Olympics = teh nub
Summer Olympics = teh 1337

The only " guy" I know that watches figure skating also watches musicals, talks in a high voice, sucks at video games, and is a cheerleader.

Oh yeah, and always has to make comments about everything no matter what, and they are usually wrong or very stupid, and bad at driving, is a hardcore leech, I could go on and on.
< Message edited by locopuyo -- 24 Feb 06 11:48:23 >
Bishonen

RE: Winter Olympics - Feb 25, 2006 02:20
...yeah well, you just have to know when to watch... ...the snowboarding based competitions are always good, of which the best must be the Halfpipe event (can' t believe i missed it though!)... ...skiing' s Arieal event is always awesome and Ice Hockey and 4 man bob-sleigh (which starts today) are cool too... ...but for pure insanity, you can' t beat the nutters who lie on a tiny piece of carbon fibre and throw themselves down a ice speedway at around 100mph in the Luge event... ...crazy..

...figure skating... ...i have always been a fan of the Ladies event.. ..i dunno.. ...perhaps fine young athletic females are too much for real men?..

..last night produced my second stand out moment of these games when Japan' s lithe, Shizuka Arakawa won Gold in the Women' s Figure Skating competition...
..Ms. Arakawa was on course for a bronze medal, but leapfrogged her rivals on the final night by producing a sublime performance, which the gold and silver positioned favourites could only answer to by falling on their not-as-fine-butts repeatedly...
...Arakawa-san was the first Japanese to win in this event ever, and also had the pleasure of producing Japan' s first medal in these games..

..concentration

...flawless performance..

..avert your eyes, real men..

..secret Kunoichi....

...kimochi?..

...with USA' s Sasha Cohen (left) and Russia' s Irina Slutskaya

..." doomo arigatoo Nihon" ..

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Winter Olympics - Feb 25, 2006 02:32
teehee, please do more of those.
Bishonen

RE: Winter Olympics - Feb 25, 2006 06:18
...well..

..if you can wait for Wimbledon....
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Winter Olympics - Feb 25, 2006 06:57

This is just how your mind works eh Joe?!

I don' t get it. Are you implying that NBC' s crappy HDTV broadcasts are the result of how my mind works?
Bishonen

RE: Winter Olympics - Feb 27, 2006 01:33
...Okay, today is the last day of the 2006 Italian Tornio Olympics...

...having just watched a huge chunk of Highlights of all the events over these last 17 days, of this Christie-style tournament, i can safely say that all you haters are COMPLETELY misguided in your allusions about the summer games being better....
...The winter games are THE place to be, for all modern and hardcore style-kings of sport...

...My final defining moment was USA' s snowboarding (and Skate) Superstar-God, Shaun White, obliterating the competition in the men' s Half-pipe event...
...the event was pretty much over before it began, as the 19 year old Californian scored HUGE points on his fist run, to easily take Gold...
..Fellow American Danny Kass took silver, but the US were unable to repeat 2002' s clean sweep, as Markuu Koski of Finland was able to sneak the bronze from under the nose of Mason Aguirre...

...25 feet of air!!....

...if superman could carve...

...almost better than sex..

..non-conformist style-terrorist...

..900 king..

..stick that up your hop-skip-&-jump...
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Winter Olympics - Feb 27, 2006 07:47
Sounds like you watch alot of NBC coverage Bishonen!! I get CBC and NCB coverage, and I hate to say it, but NBC sucks ass. I know it' s an American station, but they are covering an INTERNATIONAL event. The bias towards americans is so high, I just can' t watch it. CBC is sometimes I find is too rough enough on the Canadian athletes, but their coverage of all the countries is amazing. If I had to pick defining moments, it would have to be the womens boardercross, as you mentioned, the Canadian mens hockey team being ousted in the quarter finals cause they played like bums, the continued dominance of the german men in bobsled, and the rediculous 6 ender in mens curling by the Candian team in the gold medal game. I had fun watching overall though.
Bishonen

RE: Winter Olympics - Mar 02, 2006 01:34
...yeah, i hate that whole mentality of " Yay! our nations competitor came 32nd in the ski-jump and we' re gonna do a 10 minute feature on him, and then do a 10 second comment on the guy that came first!!" ...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll