Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ubisoft owns up: We made crap for the Wii to capitalize on its success.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
Ubisoft owns up: We made crap for the Wii to capitalize on its success. - Jun 01, 2007 08:30
From IGN

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/792/792772p1.aspx

US, May 30, 2007 - Publisher Ubisoft was one of the first third parties to recognize the potential of Nintendo' s Wii console and back the platform with a wealth of titles. The company' s headlining launch games, Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids, were both exclusively created for Wii and have in the six months since they released each become million-sellers around the world. However, many of the developer' s other efforts - all of them quick and unimpressive ports of previously released games on other systems - have faired poorly both from a critical and retail perspective. In an interview with leading German news magazine Spiegel, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot and European head Alain Corre admitted that the publisher was too quick to rush these titles to the market.

" We made mistakes," they told the magazine. According to Spiegel, Ubisoft wanted to be first to capitalize on Wii and in its haste to release product it sacrificed the quality of the titles. Ubisoft has reportedly learned from its mistakes, though, and is promising that the quality of its forthcoming Wii projects will be significantly better.

Corre told Spiegel he is not content with sales of PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. " Sony should set a new price point soon if it still wants to sell a satisfactory amount of units this year," he said, adding, " Microsoft, too, by the way."

Spiegel is one of Europe' s most influential news magazines with a weekly circulation of about one million. The publication' s recent interview with Ubisoft' s heads was part of a bigger piece entitled " Shelf Warmer PlayStation 3: Desperately Seeking Players," which took a very critical look at the underwhelming sales of Sony' s technological goliath.

Finally Ubisoft admits it sacrificed the quality of its Wii games in order to make a quick buck. I hope its not just talk.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 1 Jun 07 0:33:53 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ubisoft owns up: We made crap for the Wii to capitalize on its success. - Jun 01, 2007 08:33
It won' t be. I haven' t seen them skip out on their word thusfar.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Ubisoft owns up: We made crap for the Wii to capitalize on its success. - Jun 01, 2007 08:35
i hope your not being sarcastic Eddie, otherwise no Ubisoft Wii games for me ever.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ubisoft owns up: We made crap for the Wii to capitalize on its success. - Jun 01, 2007 08:39
Nope, Ubisoft has been (and still are) churning out massive amounts of good stuff for 360 and PC. It' s only logical that the PS3 and Wii will follow.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ubisoft owns up: We made crap for the Wii to capitalize on its success. - Jun 01, 2007 09:22
aww i was hoping to get a Wii so I could play some ps2 ports. But whats the point now...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ubisoft owns up: We made crap for the Wii to capitalize on its success. - Jun 01, 2007 09:59

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

aww i was hoping to get a Wii so I could play some PSP ports. But whats the point now...

Fixed.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Ubisoft owns up: We made crap for the Wii to capitalize on its success. - Jun 01, 2007 15:36
I don' t know about the quality of their Wii -ports, but alot of their PS3-ports has also been done alitlte bit to quick. :(

Porting over software dosn' t necesarily have to be a bad thing, if it' s done right it' s just nice that more players gets access to the software.

So far this generation, I' m very impressed by the port-quality og Sega and EA' s games, they are currently basically the only ones I trust, that I will most likely get a real good version, when buying a game wich I know my platform hasn' t been lead SKU on.:)

I guess that Rockstar also is under that parachute, but they' re not releasing anything for my platforms (PC/PSP/PS3) right now. :)

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Ubisoft owns up: We made crap for the Wii to capitalize on its success. - Jun 02, 2007 01:51

It won' t be. I haven' t seen them skip out on their word thusfar.

Ubi is my favorite large publisher, mainly due to the Clancy games. I trust them, particularly the Montreal team.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Ubisoft owns up: We made crap for the Wii to capitalize on its success. - Jun 02, 2007 03:10
Montreal is also my favourite. Because of Jade raymond, as long as I can watch
her interviews, and all she says is " Take me..." I' m settled...

Does anyone know why Jade always insists on being taken in her interviews??
Even when she we was demoing Assassins Creed at X06, as soon as Peter Moore
introduced her, she was like " Take me, take me..."

What' s that all about?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Ubisoft owns up: We made crap for the Wii to capitalize on its success. - Jun 02, 2007 03:18
Man you really have the hots for Jade don' t you? Mind you I can' t blame you she is rather hot.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll