Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Defective Xbox 360
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Defective Xbox 360 - Nov 26, 2005 07:05
Any of you guys been so unlucky as to get one of them famed defectiv units? I was in my local Game store today, and their xbox froze up everynow and then. I hoping mine will work probably.

But god, King Kong looked absolutely sick! Made me consider getting it, cant wait to see Oblivion hands on on a HD tv
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Defective Xbox 360 - Nov 26, 2005 16:39
King Kong is the last reason why i think of getting a 360.
Oh btw people,you know why xbox360 sells out so fast ? MS did the right marketing thing,they give to few,to make it look like the demand is huge,the most embarssing thing that can happend is to give out consoles,and then not sell out them.

TT hope the same wont happend in europe,last thing i want is to get into that scam too.
Vx Chemical

RE: Defective Xbox 360 - Nov 27, 2005 04:34
mmm that wasnt really my question, but really you should see King Kong run no HD tv, looks amazing!
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Defective Xbox 360 - Nov 27, 2005 16:13
lol, thanx quezcatol for the info but i think everyone knows that already,it has been discussed on other topics.

i haven' t gotten my 360 yet but it seems a lot of them r screwing up. some of them r DOA, some have power adaptor problems, some r actually overheating on the inside, maybe cpu or something, some are scratching discs. I donno what microsoft is gonna do about this problem, as the number of complaints seem to rise everyday. many people are unhappy and im sure it will take a while until microsoft fixes this problem.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Defective Xbox 360 - Nov 27, 2005 16:33
I was number 1 in line at Walmart on release day, and YES I did get a defective unit! It sucks BIG TIME. Luckily two of my friends also got 360s, so they' ve been bringing them over to my house to play in my home theater.

I must say my impressions of the games. Firstly, Condemned is SWEET! The graphics and ambiance are SICK! Of all the games I' ve played, I was most impressed with this one. Also, I wish I bought Need For Speed: Most Wanted instead of Project Gotham Racing 3. NFS is so much fun, it' s rediculous. Then there' s Perfect Dark Zero versus Call of Duty. I' d have to say so far I' ve been more impressed with COD. I didn' t spend much time with either of them, and then it was only multiplayer, but COD was more fun IMO. Once I get my 360 repaired, and can get more in depth with each my opinions may change. So far, though, these are my thoughts.
Vx Chemical

RE: Defective Xbox 360 - Nov 27, 2005 21:55
That must really suck Chee Saw, did they say how long it would take to repair/replace?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Defective Xbox 360 - Nov 28, 2005 04:38
The guy at 1-800-4myXbox said that they' d ship me a box that would arrive in two days, and the turnaround time for repair is 8 to 10 days. Then they over-night it back to me. That' s a grand total of 11 to 13 days, or a week and a half to two weeks! It sucks, but seeing as how stores don' t expect shipments of new units anytime soon, what can I do? Well, they say patience is a virtue.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Defective Xbox 360 - Nov 28, 2005 05:07
They onlysay that so people feel less upset :p

I hope there' s nothing like this in the UK launch but to be honest I bet there is. Knowing my luck it' ll effect my 360.
Vx Chemical

RE: Defective Xbox 360 - Nov 28, 2005 11:43
Yeah with my luck it will affect my Xbox as well!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Defective Xbox 360 - Nov 28, 2005 14:06
all this talk about 360 makes me wish I have one, hopefully I' ll find one some time this year..

As a side note I' ve heard of complaints that the 360 scratches discs, to anyone with such problems try not changing the position of 360 from vertcal to horizontal with a disc in it. And if you didn' t alraedy knoe this then I highly recommend you read the manual.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 28 Nov 05 22:09:16 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message