Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Blacksite: Area 51-demo! best demo,I' ver played!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Blacksite: Area 51-demo! best demo,I' ver played! - May 12, 2007 02:45
Jesus christ---superstar hahahaha! me funny.

No,but seriously,the game is AWESOME!.

The graphic with unreal engine 3.0 looks like gears of war or rainbowsix las vegas.
The enviorment is scary and reminds of GoW meet half life.
The enemies the same,you have 2 pals with you that you can control and the control and gameplay feeling from shooting the gun and killing enemies is one of the best i' ever had.
At the end of the demo you litterally fly away from an big ass alien.

I dont wanna spoil the demo,holy christ this was one of the coolest FPS games I ever tried.

Go AND DL THE FUCKING DEMO !!!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Blacksite: Area 51-demo! best demo,I' ver played! - May 12, 2007 03:36
Is it as short as they say it is?
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: Blacksite: Area 51-demo! best demo,I' ver played! - May 12, 2007 04:26
It is short as hell, I didn' t think it was that great. Graphics are good, but the frame rate is very inconsistent. The aiming and movement was pretty decent and the human AI was pretty good too. The destructable parts of the environment were pretty cool but it is very dissapointing blowing chunks off one wall then shooting the wall next to it and nothing happening. The gameplay was nothing special at all.

I thought this game would blow goats for quarters but it was actually pretty decent.

There is a lot of polishing they have to do but I could see this game being worth a buy.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Blacksite: Area 51-demo! best demo,I' ver played! - May 12, 2007 08:07
The framerate is a little wiggy at times, for no apparent reason, (it not like there' s 200 enemies on screen all knocking stuff off the walls) but other than that it was enjoyable. There really was no need to have the 2 other guys become controllable characters, as it' s not really a tactical sort of game however they may not have had their moment of usefulness in the demo yet.

The character models are nice, but some of the environments need some work. I noticed the destructable environments, but haven' t gotten around to playing with them much yet. What I saw was actually quite impressive for a game who' s predecessor isn' t exactly known for being immersive. I' d definately rent it, but I' m almost positive I wouldn' t pay full price, not for what appears to be a (albiet decent) Half-Life/Republic Commando clone.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Blacksite: Area 51-demo! best demo,I' ver played! - May 12, 2007 08:56
Looks lame like the last game. I' m not even going to bother downloading this demo, i watched Blims video instead and it doesn' t appeal at all.

Roll on Half Life: Orange.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Blacksite: Area 51-demo! best demo,I' ver played! - May 13, 2007 11:36
Download it to fsk around with the destructable environments. They' re kinda' neat actually. It' s definately one you' ll delete after though.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Blacksite: Area 51-demo! best demo,I' ver played! - May 14, 2007 01:24
I really really enjoyed the demo. It was way too short but awesome none the less. The frame rate was a huge problem imo. Seemed to go nuts at times and really messed with the aiming. Still, it had awesome graphics (way better than what I was expecting), great controls, good atmosphere, and was damn fun to play.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Blacksite: Area 51-demo! best demo,I' ver played! - May 15, 2007 05:01
It sucked.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Blacksite: Area 51-demo! best demo,I' ver played! - May 15, 2007 06:47
This game looks great I hope it is as fun as quez says it is.
I cant wait until the ps3 demo comes out.
I' ve seen the demos and man they look great This is gonna be an great game.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Blacksite: Area 51-demo! best demo,I' ver played! - May 16, 2007 05:44
It' s good, but it is not stunning, for me something seems to be lacking and I can' t quite put my finger on what it is.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Blacksite: Area 51-demo! best demo,I' ver played! - May 16, 2007 06:32

It' s good, but it is not stunning, for me something seems to be lacking and I can' t quite put my finger on what it is.

Soul? In the words of some bungie guy: " you have to nail that 30 seconds of fun" .

While the Blacksite demo wasnt bad by any means, it didnt nail the 30 seconds of fun. Actually, did it last 30 seconds? I was so disappointed when I didnt get to fight the big thing that sends out the shockwave.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll