Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What do you think of the new DS design?
Beef Shala

• Total Posts : 89
What do you think of the new DS design? - Jul 28, 2004 15:36

Check out the Kikizo link!!!

I think that it looks much cooler/ sleeker than the original design. When Nintendo saw the PSP, I am sure that the designers went back to their drawing boards to come up with a cooler look.

Nintendo may have something here, but I think that the lack of an analog stick could hurt them.
< Message edited by Beef Shala -- 7/28/2004 3:39:21 PM >
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: What do you think of the new DS design? - Jul 28, 2004 18:00
Yeah, I would have to think that they wanted to make it sleeker to compete with Sony' s toy in terms of appearence. I still don' t find it all that attractive, though. My interest in this handheld has really gone down in the last months
Beef Shala

RE: What do you think of the new DS design? - Jul 28, 2004 18:07
The funny thing is that I am not even a hand held guy (the most I do is play cell phone games when I am bored at work). But the DS intrigues me. I don' t know, I guess I am excited to see what Nintendo and developers can do with all of the new features.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: What do you think of the new DS design? - Jul 28, 2004 21:59
My post from before definately has some bias in it, b/c the only handheld I' ve ever owned was the Game Gear, and I barely liked it. I' ve never been into handhelds, but if I was the DS would probably be more appealing.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: What do you think of the new DS design? - Jul 30, 2004 00:31
A chat in the pub yesterday revealed that

a) some of us like the new design better, because if the more silver, sleek look
b) some of us thought it was rubbish because of the slanted, angular design.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200407/051.asp
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: What do you think of the new DS design? - Jul 30, 2004 01:38
I tend to like the PSP' s design a little better. The reason? Well I' m not big on these innovative games that are going to use two screens. I don' t really care that you can see the map on the other screen, nor do I care that I' ll see what place I' m in while racing. I don' t know about you guys but I' ve been doing fine the old way.
PresAgent

• Total Posts : 50
RE: What do you think of the new DS design? - Jul 30, 2004 06:05
I personally love the new design, it looks very nice, sleek, and streamlined. Now all they have to do is make a jet black (HAS to be shiny) model, and I' d be all set. I' m really looking forward to the DS simply because of the innovation it' s bound to bring to the table. The idea of two screens is really cool, and I' m really looking forward to new innovative ideas and modes of gameplay for each screen. Hopefully the spare screen won' t be used simply for maps though.
Beef Shala

RE: What do you think of the new DS design? - Jul 30, 2004 15:12
I don' t know what developers are planning to do with the spare screen, but had a few suggestions.

Imagine a football videogame where you had one screen directly on the action and then a blimp view on the other screen. That could help with passing plays where you could see your receivers and stuff.

Or maybe a racing game with regular behind the car view and the other screen in front of your car so that you can see what your opponents are doing.

The possibilities are really endless.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: What do you think of the new DS design? - Jul 30, 2004 18:14
It looks like sex on legs. There' s my two cents.

Oh. And all intelligent debate about videogames in general should come from meetings in pubs. But that’s another story.
music_maniac1965

• Total Posts : 70
RE: What do you think of the new DS design? - Aug 09, 2004 19:01
i am more eagerly awaiting the arival of the PSP than the DS, for the next reason' s:

DS:

+: you can close it, so your screens stay scratch free if used normally.
+: the nintendo games (not all of them, but quite a lot) are usually the best games. especially at launch (how long took developpers to come close to mario 64 on the N64 ?)
-: darn, i barely have my gameboy advance sp about 2 years, and now allready a replacement ?
-: hmmm, the GBA had all those SNES ports, are we now getting a N64 games flow ? (saw them, done them, lost interest in them.... lol)
-: so far (based on seen footage from both handhelds) this one has the least sharp graphics.
-: 2 screens equals less long battery life i gues ???

PSP:

+: widescreen ! especially cool for watching movies on it.
+: design is way cool ! especially the white one !
+: nothing beats gran turismo 4 and now you can play it " on the road" !
+: it does more than the DS: watching movies, listen to music, and ofcourse, play games
-: how are we going to protect that magnificient widescreen screen ?
-: a big screen (for a handheld), and a mini dvdrom drive. both consumes lots of power. in other words: how long will the battery last ? (not to long i guess...)

that " battery" life problem exist for both of them i gues. and i gues that the battery of the sony device will get a shorter playtime faster than nintendo' s (i base that on how good my gba sp battery still is, and how bad my digitall camera battery now is), so i gues we have to wait how things fare for both of them in that department.

based on gaming, i am more into what i saw on the PSP than on the DS. but hey, who know i will buy them both (if they drop in price).
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: What do you think of the new DS design? - Aug 27, 2004 00:19
what i think about the new ds design is that its better than that ugly looking box they had for the first design.the design is sexy and easer to look at now. because when i was at e3 and they showed us the first design i died allittle but when they said it was not the final product the part that died came back to life.
< Message edited by vanswa garbutt -- 8/27/2004 12:19:55 AM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message