Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 More FF versus scans !
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: More FF versus scans ! - Jan 28, 2008 07:41
Incredible art direction.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: More FF versus scans ! - Jan 28, 2008 07:44
Did you play FF7 dirge of cerbues or FFX-2?

FF spin off has never been good.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: More FF versus scans ! - Jan 28, 2008 07:50
The characters are very Nomura, but the darker tone of the FFVXIII definitely reflects on his characters, giving it a substantial difference between his FFVII-FVIII FFX and KH character models. His FFXIII designs also fit perfectly in the futuristic- fantasy setting as well. I also love the office setting in the scans. Square-Enix is going all out on these two titles and I can' t wait to see the end result.

Did you play FF7 dirge of cerbues or FFX-2?

FF spin off has never been good.

Have you ever played FF Tactics? That spin off is better than many of the main entries in the series.

As light-hearted as FFX-2 was, it wasn' t a lackluster game in terms of their system compared to the main entries in the series, or in any other departments. Dirge, even with its lackluster game-play, at least had a semi-good storyline.

Have you seen how Crisis Core looks and has been received? That game seems to have bucked the trend of bad spin-offs and there is nothing about FFVersusXIII to make it look less promising than FFXIII. In fact, I am inclined to say Versus looks more promising a the moment.
< Message edited by chimura -- 27 Jan 08 23:55:24 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: More FF versus scans ! - Jan 28, 2008 08:11
from those scans, it' s the art direction that made my jaw drop, the story seems also very interesting from the look of the characters and the settings.
Chimura

RE: More FF versus scans ! - Jan 28, 2008 11:47
This is what I could find about a famitsu coverage on XIII and Versus. Supposedly, the info is similar to what the descriptions of the scans say:

The articles basically summarize what we have read before in the scans. The Final Fantasy Versus XIII article explains that the theme for Final Fantasy Versus XIII is " bonds" . Versus tells as story about " a group of young men" caught up in the struggle for the final crystal. They note that friendly and not-so friendly characters, and they question what roles they will play in the game. The Prince and his friends are said to be very closely bonded and loyal to each other. Famitsu also notes that the environments in the screenshots showing his friends look rather European, apparently.

The Final Fantasy XIII article tries summarize their new information on the basic plot; An entity created Cocoon, and those sent on a mission by the entity are said to be " Rushi" . It also appears as though these " Rushi" are the ones who are able to call the summons. The blue sphere seen in previous scans has been confirmed to be the floating city Cocoon. Cocoon was built by a superhuman entity called Farushi/Falsh to protect people from the threats of Pulse. People chosen by Farushi/Falsh to carry out some kind of mission are called Rushi/Luci. Both the Blond haired man and Pigtailed girl are Rushi/Luci. Summons come to the aid of the Rushi/Luci and appear in " digital form" . The entity that built Cocoon is not the Crystal.

Article Here
< Message edited by chimura -- 28 Jan 08 3:48:11 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: More FF versus scans ! - Jan 28, 2008 17:04
FF tactic isn' t really a FF with a number,now is it?
Or else I could have mentioned FF chocobo racing too etc.

Making a FF13 game and a spinoff at the same time means trouble,mark my word.
Chimura

RE: More FF versus scans ! - Jan 29, 2008 03:04
I don' t think having a number attached to it has anything to do with the games being good or bad. If anything, only the hype surrounding a game chapter set in one of the main series installments can destroy some of it. And no matter what you or anyone says, FFX-2 was not a bad game. I did not enjoy it, cause I felt I was playing a Barbie game, you know, going to baby showers and stuff, but the game had no particular flaws in any area, even with the girly story, the game had good presentation and solid gameplay (as solid as you would expect from a FF game, and even not as disastrous a battle system like the one in FFVIII) All in all, the game was well made, unlike Dirge.

I agree with you that FF has many bad spin-off' s, but that doesn' t mean the coming ones need to be bad. And it seems they are putting a lot of effort on Versus, and since Nomura is directing it, I have great faith that it will be good. The Kingdom Hearts series is good, and that was directed by Nomura, so at least he has a decent track record.
< Message edited by chimura -- 28 Jan 08 19:06:31 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message