Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Final build Forza 2 screens...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Final build Forza 2 screens... - May 02, 2007 00:59

Well at least it runs at 60fps right!? ...
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Final build Forza 2 screens... - May 02, 2007 01:13
The track, cars, and some of the hard scenery looks pretty good. The trees do look very flat, monochrome and painted on though. I haven' t looked at this game on the move yet, so how would you rate it over say PGR3 or 4s potential?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Final build Forza 2 screens... - May 02, 2007 01:21
Forza has never been about graphics. It has always been about gameplay.
I didn' t expect much from the graphics, although this is somewhat below my expectations. But as long as it' s fun I' m happy.
GTHD makes Forza 2 look like it' s a generation behind though
ginjirou

RE: Final build Forza 2 screens... - May 02, 2007 01:48
BTW, Ferrari is celebrating its 60th anniversary right now.
Tomorrow Ferrari owners will hold a parade through Stockholm and will stay at Slottbacken from 13.00 to 15.00 for public exhibition.
Owners of Ferrari' s will have the honour of attending at a ceremony at the Italian embassy as well as enjoying a dinner at Grand Hotell.
Info in Swedish can be found here:
http://www.autoropa.se/?menuID=5138
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 1 May 07 17:49:47 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Final build Forza 2 screens... - May 02, 2007 05:05
It centrainly isn' t quite as pretty as I thought it would end up being, and as Ginji stated, GTHD(GT5), and most definitely the new PGR will make this look like as if it were a rushed launch title(graphics wise). I will still buy it though, as racing can still be fun with bad graphics, so long as the physics, tracks, customization etc is all there.

As a side note, I' m not a fan of all the advertisements. I' m ok with it if they are the same advertisements as the ones on the real tracks at the time, but I can guarantee you, no track has a 5 picture wide advert showing the nissan sentra, directed at the drivers and not the cameras or fans. There are a few others too. As people have said here before, if they are gonna use advertising, pass a bit of the funds on to the consumer through cheaper retail price, or prove to us that its better for us to have adverts in their games versus a competitor who has none.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Final build Forza 2 screens... - May 02, 2007 06:00
These shots don' t look so good. Maybe that' s an accurate representation, but in and of themselves they' re kind of boring shots, aren' t they? Where' s all the other cars?

And speaking of the advertising... did anyone notice that there' s actually a typo in the Morgan Stanley logo? They' ve misspelled it as Morgan Stanely. That' s a mindblowing error. You know Morgan Stanley has paid to be advertised in this game; it' s not something that the developers were trying to mock-up because a freaking investment firm is so synonymous with racing culture and they couldn' t get the license... like back in the day when you' d pause a racing game and see a billboard for " Bridlestone" tires. Crazy.

On the plus side, I' m pleasantly surprised that there is at least one urban course because I wasn' t aware that there were going to be any.
< Message edited by Zoy -- 1 May 07 22:02:05 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Final build Forza 2 screens... - May 02, 2007 09:03
I think its probably on par with GT Legends on PC, which is fantastic - these pics dont do it justice, from the HD video going round the net I can actually say the best gameplay view is bumper cam - its almost like the models break the immersion of the experience somehow this time around.. Like the realtime reflections too. But obviously thats expected this generation around.. I think it shuold play pretty good - but some of the engine sounds wernt as good as I had hoped - mind you the top cars sounded pretty awesome...
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Final build Forza 2 screens... - May 02, 2007 09:35
It looks really crappy.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Final build Forza 2 screens... - May 02, 2007 10:11
It looks really boring, too. I hate Gran Turismo-esque games. They do not deserve to exist and people should not like them. Only games that give you a sense of speed from the first time you turn it on should be allowed.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 2 May 07 2:12:49 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Final build Forza 2 screens... - May 02, 2007 11:09

It looks really crappy.

looks like one of the hundreds of off brand racing games on the ps2
ginjirou

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages