Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GameCube R.I.P
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 52
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 05:34
GameCube is now officially dead.

LINK

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 06:00
Good Riddance, a terrible console. Nintendo should never have made the GameCube, it sucked balls. They should have made something like the Wii instead.

Before people start to whine about the few great games it had. My response to this is, of course it had a few great games, it' s Nintendo. This still doesn' t change the fact that the console sucks. I mean shit, would it have been so hard to have DVD ROM? Or a controller that isn' t retarded? That' s right I said it, the GameCube controller is retarded. Even when the GameCube was the only console I owned I hated the thing. Now that I think about it, Nintendo is pretty incompetent when it comes to designing consoles, they always have one or two great advantages but a bunch of bottlenecks or gimped design flaws in the hardware itself. Their first party games are the only thing that saved them.

As for the Wii itself, its pretty obvious to me that the reason for its successful sales so far is simply due to it' s price advantage (look at the PS2). Because two years from now Nintendo is going to go back to it' s rightful place in third when the other two machines get blessed with a price drop and more games. By mid 2008 everyone will understand Nintendo' s failings in the hardware design department when everyone begin to understand (as some of us do) the extent to how far Wii is gimped spec wise. On the other hand maybe it won' t matter when Wii will cost 150$.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 22 Feb 07 22:20:51 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 06:10
Gamecube = SSBM, Mario kart DD, Megaman X collection (if you count that), .... im pretty sure im missing one more, but i cant think so. So anyway, it sucked
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 06:20

Gamecube = SSBM, Mario kart DD, Megaman X collection (if you count that), .... im pretty sure im missing one more, but i cant think so. So anyway, it sucked

You forgot resident evil 4, it came on the cube first
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 07:00
The GC was the best 59$ purchase I ever made. It was time to put it down anyway.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 08:31
..And F-zero GX which still Pisses over Any wipeout, burnout or anyother Fast arcade-based racer to date.

Excite truck still shows to hold its own in some way tho.. the gameplay is unique.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 08:40

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

..And F-zero GX which still Pisses over Any wipeout, burnout or anyother Fast arcade-based racer to date.

Outrun.

I love F-Zero too but Outrun owns it.
Hiroshi

• Total Posts : 11
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 10:09
GEIST
ETERNAL DARKNESS
METAL GEAR SOLID: The Twin Snakes
RESIDENT EVIL (awesome REMAKE)
RESIDENT EVIL ZERO
RESIDENT EVIL 4 (an exclusive, best looking version - yes, including the PC one)
STAR WARS ROGUE LEADER
STAR WARS REBEL STRIKE
F-ZERO GX
1080 AVALANCHE
PIKMIN
PIKMIN 2
METROID PRIME
METROID PRIME 2 ECHOES
STARFOX ADVENTURES
STARFOX ASSAULT
PAPER MARIO THE 1000 YEAR DOOR
SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE
SUPER MARIO STRIKERS
MARIO PARTY 4-7
VIRTUA STRIKER 3
VIRTUA VOLLEYBALL: BEACH SPIKERS
SUPER SMASH BROS.
MARIO POWER TENNIS
MARIO KART DOUBLE DASH
LUIGI' S MANSION
ZELDA WIND WAKER
ZELDA TWILIGHT PRINCESS
ANIMAL CROSSING
WARIO WORLD
WARIOWARE MEGA PARTY
CHIBI ROBO
FIRE EMBLEM
KIRBY AIR RACE
SOUL CALIBUR 2 feat. LINK

Great console, great memories... AWESOME EXCLUSIVE GAMES!

R.I.P.

No, wait..... I can still play all these games(and more) on the Wii
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 10:13
Isn' t the Wii just a GameCube with a new controller? Sure seems like it.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 10:19

I always thought the Wii was an Xbox with the Nintendo logo slapped on it
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 23 Feb 07 2:19:30 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 10:20

Yes, yes it is.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 11:21
Y' know what the difference is? No matter how many dumb remotes you buy for your Wii, you' re not getting DVD playback.
Joe Redifer

RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 15:33

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard
I always thought the Wii was an Xbox with the Nintendo logo slapped on it

No, even the Xbox 1 can to high definition and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 23, 2007 19:23
Apart from the lack of third party support I think the Gamecube was awesome.
Here' s why:
Controller - Best analog controller I' ve ever used
Graphics - Not as good as Xbox but still very good
Price - Very nice price!
Design - Ok, colours sucked. Pink wtf? The rest looked kinda nice though. A white or silver GCN without the damn handle on the back would' ve been a winner!
First party titles - Undeniably Unbeatable!
DVD support - Why the hell would I need a DVD in my game console?
Online play Ok, this is were Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves. I personally don' t like online play that much, but looking at it from an objective point of view clearly makes me think that Nintendo failed with the online part. Even more than Sony.

For me the GCN was the best console last gen when it comes to hardware. It' s too bad Sony got all the 3rd party support.
But this is just my opinion, I' m not saying those are facts.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 24, 2007 01:31

Apart from the lack of third party support I think the Gamecube was awesome.

Exactly. Gamecube was a great console. Metroid Prime 1 and 2, WindWaker, Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness (FANTASTIC GAME), Res Evil 4, Res Evil Remake, Mario Kart Double Dash, Pikmin, Tales Of Symphonia, Smash Bros etc. etc

Ok it didn' t get much 3rd party games compared to PS2 and Xbox but it did get some. All the Splinter Cell games, Burnout 1 and 2, Hitman 2, MGS Twin Snakes, All the Resi Evil games, TimeSplitters, All the FIFA' s, Most of the Tony Hawk games, Most of the EA games, Monkeyball 1 and 2, Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2. Killer 7, etc etc.
So it wasn' t as bad as some people think!!!!

Good Riddance, a terrible console. Nintendo should never have made the GameCube, it sucked balls.

Now I can understand if people prefer PS2 or Xbox over the Gamecube but to say that the console was a piece of shit and that it never should have been made is very harsh Agent!
< Message edited by Duffman -- 23 Feb 07 17:51:20 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 24, 2007 07:28
It was a great console, I liked the disc designs. It didn' t follow like sheeps in the DvD process which I liked, it hurt their third party I am sure, but the system for the price was an amazing buy.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 24, 2007 09:53
The controller always struck me as the disfigured runt child of the Virtual boys control.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 24, 2007 10:58
Wow, Hiroshi, did you like ALL those games? Some of them I' m not to sure about.

GEIST-Personally, I liked it, but a lot of people didn' t, and as a first person shooter, it could have been better. Multiplayer wasn' t that good.

SW REBEL STRIKE-Way too glitchy to be good, not nearly as fun as Rogue Leader.

FIRE EMBLEM-Was there anything that made this game different from the others?

WARIO WORLD & KIRBY AIR RIDE-Very simplistic. I' m not sure I' d classify these as great. They' re good, but not wonderful. People like some depth to the games they play for a while.

I agree with most of the other posters about this. The Gamecube was a good console. Not the best maybe (and that probably depends on perspective), but definitely worth buying. Lack of online play and third party games I think are the only drawbacks I can think of for it. As for the controller, the only complaint I had was the small d-pad, that thing was weird to use.
Joe Redifer

RE: GameCube R.I.P - Feb 24, 2007 11:42
I' m surprised that I don' t completely hate the Gamecube, but there are a lot of games on it that I love.

Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2 (the PS2 and Xbox " Deluxe" versions cannot compare when it comes to control)
F-Zero GX (Sega shows Nintendo how its games are supposed to be made)
Resident Evil 4

Probably a few more I can' t think of right now.
A_Wiiner

• Total Posts : 23
Unccounterable arguement - Feb 24, 2007 16:19
Those who buy nintendo consoles should know that they arent buying the console because it has a DVD drive, or hundreds of useless hardware gadgets. They are buying it because nintendo has the best selection of exclusive, and unique games. Arent consoles about GAMES? I hope so! God forbid you buy a DVD player separate. Dont whine about the fact that its selling point isnt its beefed up hardware you should have known when you didnt shell out 2 months wages for it. After all, gaming dosent necesarily have to be exclusive to the rich.
Those who say the console sucked simply dont understand where nintendo is coming from. the reason ther didnt put much work into the graphics (theyr still adequette) is because it takes focus away from the fun factor. Gamecube obviously isnt used for hardcore or MLG gaming but that dosent mean its junk or that it isn' t fun. I for one appreciate that nintendo' s games are colorfull and fun and not dark, brutal, and depressing (gears of war cough cough)

The bottom line is, nintendo is and always has been a pioneer in the gaming industry. Gamecube is not bad, it is simply different, the only people who think otherwise are just afraid of variety. We can only hope that the Wii, given its uniqueness over all X-Gen consoles will pick up more 3rd party support (which would make the Wii dominant in every way.)
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 52

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message