Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Videogames you just got tired of waiting for.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 06, 2003 16:17
What are some of the games you were hoplessly hyped about, but got delayed, or simply took so long to come out that by the time they did you simply didn' t care anymore? A couple of mines include

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
The idea of being able to go anywhere in that big Jedi Universe seemed cool, but I had just completely forgotten about this game over time. And when I saw a running demo of it on a Xbox demo, I was like " WTF?"

VF4: Evolution
Talk about a game that SHOULD be out already. How hard could it be to throw in 2 more characters?!?

Tenchu 3
I had completely forgotten about this game until I saw it on G4 a little while ago (G4 is a videogame channel). I think they need to hurry up with this one.

Brute Force / Red Fraction 2 (X-Box)
These two games tie when it comes to games that I was interested at first, but aren' t even scratching the radar anymore.
skurf

• Total Posts : 85
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 06, 2003 16:44
Brute What?

...and I' m tired of just waiting for new screens of Halo 2. When Bungie was developing Halo they released tons of screens and even a weekly update of the progress they were making on the game.

...and I' m tired of waiting for new xboxlive titles to come out.

...and I' m tired of waiting for my frozen lasagna to finish in the microwave. What do you mean 15 minutes?! It' s the microwave for cying out loud!

Eman1080

• Total Posts : 77
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 06, 2003 21:32
I need Shenmue 3 and Halo 2
Stimpy182

• Total Posts : 25
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 06, 2003 21:50
" Duke Nukem: If Ever"

aka

" Duke Nukem: Whenever"

aka

" Duke Nukem: This Game Is Sure To Suck Now That It' s Taken This Long To See The Light Of Day"

does anybody remember " Daikatana" ? John Romero' s NEXT BIG THING that was delayed forEVER and ultimately sucked!!!
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 07, 2003 03:11
Daikatana? Yeah, I remember that one. I never cared for it because at the time I didn' t care for FPS' s. But yeah, if any game could make the " yawn" awards, that' ll be it.

Another game to add to my list (as well as a bunch more once I think of them), is Malice for the X-Box.

First it was supposed to be a near launch title,
then it got pushed back,
then it became a multiplatform title,
then it got pushed back,
THEN it was officially put on hold,
then it was taken off hold but pushed back some more
then I stopped caring like 5 then' s ago.
Pierre2k

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 07, 2003 14:07
You beat me to it Stimpy182. The second I saw this topic Duke Nukem came to mind. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the original Duke Nukem 3D. Still on of my favourite FPS games ever. I also loved Duke Nukem Zero Hour on the N64. I have been waiting on the follow up to Duke on PC for so long now it really sin' t funny. I will be about 60 years old by the time it surfaces. I really hope it doesn' t dissapoint on release - if a release ever happens.

Damn you 3D Realms. I don' t want a rushed game and want you to take your time, but this takes the piss.
Alkyne

• Total Posts : 39
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 07, 2003 17:08
Soul Calibur 2. I' ve been waiting for this one ever since I got my xbox. ( I also wouldn' t mind Halo2).
Gamer

• Total Posts : 160
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 07, 2003 18:17
I want a Power Stone 3 >.< but they haven' t even talked about one yet.. soi i dunno if it' ll ever happen.. i think it' d sell well as an online gc title. Or they could make an updated version of Power Stone 2 and include online play like it originally was sposed to have. Thats one thing that pissed me off too, i was SOO looking forward to Power Stone 2 with online play for DC which they said WILL be in it then at the last second they scrapped the online play >=\
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 09, 2003 00:58
Metal Gear Solid
Shown at shows on video for 3 years before finally getting a release. Never the game I had hoped for.

The Getaway
Loads of money poured into a game that was never the sum of its parts.

Daytona on Sega Saturn
Folling the incredible hype this was a HUGE dissapointment. I remember a Sega rep saying to me " we cun down the detail a bit to speed it up, I' m sure you' ll agree its better than Ridge Racer on the Playstation" as the track dissapered and I appeared inside a wall.

Neo Geo 64
All titles on this format faild to impress especially given the lengthy developmant process. This waste of money probable contributed to the dimise of the company.

Sega Rally 2
Never the BIG Dc title it should have been, what a waste.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 10, 2003 01:08
Actually VF4 Evolution is out this week (in Japan).

It' s a lot more than just two new characters. Seriously. It' s almost a sequel in its own right. All the stages are souped up (more often than not, in quite radical ways) and the play system is completely revamped. Well, almost completely.

We' re getting it in this week, and will be posting a full import review, with a players guide to follow.

As for games I am tired of waiting for... Virtua Cop 3 (although it' s here now!), Sega Rally 2, and well it looks like Shenmue III and Doom III are both going to be a long-ass wait. And Halo 2 probably will not see this year either. Hmmm.
drew93084

• Total Posts : 114
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 10, 2003 14:56
You mean Duke Nukem " We' ll never get this P.O.S out to you so you won' t be mad at us Forver"

Soul calibur2 is taking a while

Toast

RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 10, 2003 23:30
Hmm I just thought that VF4 Evo was just a refined VF4. Weren' t there bugs in VF4? I' m told that VF4 had issues wich needed to be resolved so a semi sequal was quickly released. A patch if you like? No doubt more work has been put into the home conversion but it seems Sega have kinda gone down the Capcom SF2 route. I' ll still buy it though!
Jabjabs

• Total Posts : 7
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 11, 2003 00:24
Uh as the first post said, Brute force. However since IGN did a little coverage at the GDC I' m hyped again since i' s turing out to be everything you want.
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 22, 2003 22:56
Two games come to mind:

1st was MSR for the dreamcast; it was suppose to be a launch game, but was released just before the death of the console.

Also, Drones was previewed in the last ever Offical Sega Saturn Magazine, for the Dreamcast, but only recently have I heard about a release for it - on the Xbox.
Toast

RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 29, 2003 15:03
Actually being a Ridge Racer fan I was wondering how long it' ll take before we see RR6?
PeyloW

• Total Posts : 64
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Mar 31, 2003 09:56
A game I followed with great love and attention was Prey. In it' s tie it sort of competed with Unreal (Strange thing that to games no one has ever played yet can compete with each other for popularity). The screens where really impressive and the video astonishing; portal rendering was the key word.

Well, it is still not released and put on an indefinite hold in favor for Duke Nukem. Forever, so one should not be hopeful I guess.
Beef Shala

• Total Posts : 89
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Apr 02, 2003 14:16
I got two for you guys.

Whatever happened to Chakan: The Forever Man and DroneZ for the Dreamcast? These games were both announced in like 1999 and never saw the light of day.

I remember seeing development pics of Chakan in the Dreamcast Mag and thinking that this game was going to be great. And Now (the developers) even had a couple of movies of Chakan in motion. Then it feel off of the planet.

At least, I have been hearing that DroneZ might be coming out on the X-Box
akira___VF

• Total Posts : 7
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Apr 25, 2003 16:26
What else...DOOM III and Half Life 2
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Apr 25, 2003 20:55
Anybody heard of Duality? It has been slated for the Xbox and PC forever! I saw movies and screens of this game before the Xbox was even released. I' d sure like to know what is going on with that game. Every now and then something pops up but they never give a release date.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Videogames you just got tired of waiting for. - Nov 24, 2003 13:12
Duke Nukem Forever hopefully will never be released. Sadly, I am stardting to doubt if Half-Life 2 and Doom III will be either. DN:Forever is, at the moment, a piece of half programmed $hi7 (Think the matrix " game" and you' ll get the idea)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll