Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 01:44
I' ve heard that the GCN version is better in some areas than the Wii version. Have any of you guys heard about it too?
There were some videos at some Zelda fan-site Hyrule... something (?), where they showed examples...

I' m getting the GCN version since I didn' t get a Wii so I' ll be enjoying that tomorrow I believe.
And when I get a Wii I' ll get the Wii version too
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 01:55
After playing the wii version for about 6 hours, theres no way i could go back to playing it on normal Controller..

If its visuals, not sure, but the wii version looks really nice in proogressive 16:9..

Comparing the two is silly tho, its probably the best 1 player game of recent years.. whatever version your going for just waist your time playing the game..

ginjirou

RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 02:04
No, it' s not the visuals. It was the controller. Even though the controller is more fun it makes some things more complicated. I don' t know if it was camera control or something. Dammnit! Why can' t I remember which site it was????
And didn' t famitsu give the GCN version higher scores than the Wii version?
But someone also said it doesn' t matter which version you play because you' ll be so immersed in the experience that you' ll forget what control you' re using.
You' ve only played six hours? Hell, I would' ve played it at least eight hours on the first day!
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 02:09
Why the hell didn' t they just give the Wii version the ability to be played with the Gamecube controller anyway? Everyone who got a Wii is going to get the Zelda for Wii, anyway. People are only going to get the GCN version if they only have a Gamecube. There' s no reason that they couldn' t have added that function.
ginjirou

RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 02:10
Maybe they' re afraid people will think the Wii-mote sucks compared to the regular controller
Here' s the damn fan-site/blogg with the videos anyway:
http://www.thehylia.com/
He' s got three reasons as to why the GCN version is better: camera, buggs and quickspins. With videos.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 14 Dec 06 18:14:36 >
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 02:12

After playing the wii version for about 6 hours, theres no way i could go back to playing it on normal Controller..

I see things differently. I don' t think the controller results in a better game, sure it' s fun to use, but i don' t think it would be any less so with a standard controller.
He

RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 02:16
Hey, do you guys use the pointer feature in Wii version? I used it for a while, and still turn it back on for some of the aiming intensive challenges, but usually I have it turned off. My two main reasons are I think it saves on battery and the fairy noise was getting annoying.
< Message edited by he -- 14 Dec 06 18:16:57 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 06:29
I still use the pointer function, though i wish i could move & aim at the same time -It would be like a Zelda FPS.

BTW have you turned down the Wiimote speaker volume He? I' ve turned it down to 3 and its not too annoying at that level. AS for batteries i got a stack of rechargable AAA batteries on standby so i never need to worry about running out of power.

I prefer the Wiimote now for Zelda now, i guess the main advantage is the on the fly aiming with the pointer, plus wireless+rumble. The sword fighting doesn' t showcase the Wiimote because there is no 1:1 motion sensing translation. I have no problems with the camera. When the (supposed) Zelda made specifically for Wii arrives then we will see how the Wii version of LoZ:TP should have been like. Until that time Zelda:TP will simply be a Masterpiece GC title used to sell Wii' s. SOmething i have absolutely no problems with.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 08:50
The Gamecube version is only 4:3 because the GC is a very weak, underpowered system. However the Wii version is in 16:9 because the Wii is super powerful and is the future of high definition gaming and was built with space age technology and has cutting edge graphics using state of the art processors.
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 09:42
when i get to use my wii an zelda i' ll probably end up using the GC contoller to play...
f3hunter

RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 09:46

when i get to use my wii an zelda i' ll probably end up using the GC contoller to play.

Nah you wont..

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 15 Dec 06 1:50:19 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 11:51
Holy shit I just realized I have a Gamecube! I completely forgot. Well actually my brother has one. Anyways now I get to rent TP...
He

RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 20:59
I usually have the controller volume turned down to 1, Tiz. The controller sounds for Zelda seem louder than other games. I usually also have the rumble turned off. That' s not so much because I want to save batteries as I just don' t care much about rumble. I like that they included the ability to turn it off.

when i get to use my wii an zelda i' ll probably end up using the GC contoller to play...

We were just talking about how you can' t play the Wii Twilight Princess with the GCN controller, Phoenix.

Holy shit I just realized I have a Gamecube!

Oh, shit! How did I not see that thing in the corner? How long has that thing been there?! Wait, I don' t remember buying a Gamecube. A GAMECUBE SNUCK INTO MY HOUSE!!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 15, 2006 21:57
I use my game cube to prop up my SNES, lol
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 16, 2006 06:59

However the Wii version is in 16:9 because the Wii is super powerful

the WHOLE 16:9 Joe?? I dont believe you, its ant a supercomputa.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 16, 2006 07:40
The Wii is super powerful and the next generation of videogame graphics, and therefore the Wii version of Zelda is 16:9. I just can' t get over how awesomely powerful the Wii is! It' ll blow you away!!! The Gamecube barely even has enough power to turn on the light when you press the power button, so it' s stuck at 4:3.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 16, 2006 09:14
Shizzle my Nizzle! that hot bro!
f3hunter

RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 16, 2006 10:26
hehe.. nutters!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 16, 2006 16:08
I won' t be getting this new Zelda game,why?

Cause its to hard for me.

I finished all zelda,and some puzzle had me stuck for hours,i dont wanna spend 100 hours on a 60 adventure,just because i have problem figure out some puzzles,and tis zelda will have some of the hardest ever seen said 1up.

I dont think that is funny.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Zelda TP GCN version is better than the Wii version? - Dec 17, 2006 02:16

I dont think that is funny.

Quez, Im mailing you my SNES copy of Preschool Mario
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages