Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 45
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 17, 2006 23:58

I want to see the story from a group of soldiers point of view, much like in Aliens or Starship Troopers or even Platoon.

Y' know, i never though about that, but it would be interesting to see things from a normal persons perspective. Granted, it' s not likely. Look at how well MGS 2 was taken because of a suprise lead change. I think bungie fanboys would take to arms the night of the launch if they found out that Master Chief wouldn' t be the lead.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 18, 2006 00:18

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Ben Kingsley was in Bloodrayne and well ya ....

Uwe Boll is a mutant. He has the power to make any movie stink to high heaven, no matter what actor, no matter what source material.

Denzel doesn' t automatically mean a good flick either. I' m just saying I' m glad they' re making a real effort.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 18, 2006 03:05

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

I' m hoping Master Chief isn' t going to be in the film at all, or at least only has a cameo appearance.

I want to see the story from a group of soldiers point of view, much like in Aliens or Starship Troopers or even Platoon.

Get me?

You' re kidding, right? Halo without MC is like Batman Begins without,... well, Batman!

You guys have to remember that the books, although officially licensed, are not from Bungie. They could use the ideas that are in the books, or not.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 18, 2006 03:24

You' re kidding, right? Halo without MC is like Batman Begins without,... well, Batman!

The focus has to be about the HALO rings, not Master Chief.

The 3 games and numerous books tell his story, there' s not a lot or room for scope in the film for character development if it' s going to be about him.

The way i see it is that Bungie have said that the third game will conclude Master Chiefs story (in which he' ll likely die), but there may be games set in the same universe (game world).

The film would be an idea way to introduce new characters and a new storyline. Shit, we don' t even know if the film will be set in the same timeline as the games. The HALO rings are ancient.

I seriously do not want to see Master Chief running about in his green motocross gear saving the world. That would be a complete waste as i can' t relate to a genetically engineered cyber soldier.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 17 Jul 06 19:25:24 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 18, 2006 03:32

I seriously do not want to see Master Chief running about in his green motocross gear saving the world. That would be a complete waste as i can' t relate to a genetically engineered cyber soldier.

They should do it probably, Master Chief and all! If they dont, it' ll just be another SciFi movie, this time with the Halo franchise slapped on it for larger sales!
industrocyberbot23

• Total Posts : 108
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 18, 2006 04:12

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical
They should do it probably, Master Chief and all! If they dont, it' ll just be another SciFi movie, this time with the Halo franchise slapped on it for larger sales!

I' m with Magik on this one. It would be cool to see MC in the film, but a film with MC as the main character is going to be very limited in scope. I' m terrified they would do a " Judge Dredd" and have him take his helmet off so we can " relate" . I' ll never forgive Sly for that!

It' s been a good while since there' s been a decent spacewar movie probaly the first Matrix movie. The sequels were too convoluted, T3 was appaling, and didn' t have enough future war in it. Alien Vs Predator was better than I thought it would be, but not too hot. Serenity was pretty good but had a tight budget. The Star Wars prequel trilogy had its moments. Doom was pants. Let' s just hope they can give Halo a sensible storyline without cramming it in and dumbing down to the lowest common denominator. Even in a 2 and a half hour film that' s going to be tough.
Nitro

RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 18, 2006 04:17
What the Halo movie needs is Spartans appearing in alomost cameo roles. Seen or heard about without being directly about them.

Remember in Halo 2 where you fought alongside the special forces squad (the guys in black), ...well it' d be nice to see the story from that kind of perspective without it being all gung-ho superhero rubbish.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 18, 2006 07:24
Without Master Chief, it would be like a Terminator movie without Terminators, or Aliens without aliens. MC is the Halo franchise, not including him would spell doom for the movie!
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 18, 2006 09:48

Without Master Chief, it would be like a Terminator movie without Terminators, or Aliens without aliens. MC is the Halo franchise, not including him would spell doom for the movie!

Fuck yea! I agree wit you 100 percent Vx.

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 18, 2006 11:48
If Denzel does play Master Chief, after he blows away a bunch of enemies are we going to hear him say, " King Kong ain' t got nothing on me!"
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 18, 2006 16:04

You guys have to remember that the books, although officially licensed, are not from Bungie. They could use the ideas that are in the books, or not.

they definitely should - halo has such a shallow story comparing to this huge world and amazing characters surrounding MC in those books...

Actually books have both solutions you talk about - there are large parts where spartans are viewed by regular soldiers and from their perspective and then there are SPARTAN parts where they complete some mission and so on.

There' s a new story on ign - that script that' s been written lately has been thrown away.
Chee Saw

RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 18, 2006 19:27

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

they definitely should - halo has such a shallow story comparing to this huge world and amazing characters surrounding MC in those books...

That' s the point, though. Sure, they could base the movie on the books. Sure, they could also base it on the games, but most likely (and intelligently) they will have a completely original concept for a story based around the Halo universe.

I tell you what, if a big name actor (like Denzel) does play Master Chief, you can rest assured that he WILL NOT wear the helmet through the whole movie (if it' s even centered around him).
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 18, 2006 19:29
...y' know during halo 2, i always had this feeling that MC and the Arbiter were somehow the same person... .

..that MC is not actually human...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 20 Jul 06 19:44:09 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 18, 2006 20:45
I think there' s actually earthworm jim beneath this helmet :)
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 19, 2006 05:56
Well if Del Toro does become the director then why dont they just use Ron Pearlman, as he has been in several of Del Toro' s movies already. He not one to care about his image so I doubt hed care being under the helmet all the time. He has the Appropriate voice and somtimes depending on the movie the physique.
Chee Saw

RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 19, 2006 06:32

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Well if Del Toro does become the director then why dont they just use Ron Pearlman, as he has been in several of Del Toro' s movies already. He not one to care about his image so I doubt hed care being under the helmet all the time. He has the Appropriate voice and somtimes depending on the movie the physique.

Hmmm. Not a bad idea. I like Ron Pearlman, and I think he' d make a good choice. Of course, this is the video gamer in me saying this. The marketing guy in me says Denzel all the way. Box office draw; you know.
Nitro

RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 19, 2006 06:48
Del Toro WAS linked to Halo but ultimately declined because he' s doing Hellboy 2.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 19, 2006 07:06
Is that official finally? Last I heard he said he wanted to get Hellboy finished first but never said he wouldnt do Halo. And now since the Halo script has been scrapped for another and more time alloted could it still be a possibility?
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 20, 2006 08:18
Mr. Washington is not built enough for MC.
Because the master chief is over 6 foot tall, and denzel is about 5' 9.
But like someone said, it doesn' t matter who' s playing him because it' s just going to be a stunt man in a suit.
And seeing as the 3rd and final game and the movies will come out in similar time spans, he will look how the game portrays him to look.

Most likey, he' s white.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Denzel Washington Rumored to play Master Cheif - Jul 20, 2006 08:22
They should put Bill Gates or J Allard as MC if they want to have some fun .
If they' re boring they' ll put Guvernor Arnold or Mr. Stallone as MC [:' (].
But the obvious choice, since they need someone big, powerful and cool, is Adam Doree .
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 20 Jul 06 0:23:35 >
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 45

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread