Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 05:55
LINK

If done well, this will be incredible.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 06:58

Bethesda has already invested a whopping US$ 300 million into the project and will be looking to ZeniMax Online Studios to handle the upcoming projects they have planned.

$300 MILLION$! Holy Shit
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 08:52
300 mill!? You sure that isn' t some sort of typo?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 08:57
Hmmm...

I dont know if Oblivion works online :P
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 09:38

300 mill!? You sure that isn' t some sort of typo?

It must be for an entire studio, not just the game. The first part of the article was blocked for me.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 10:11
Damn it, WHY?
They were pretty much kings of their own genre, why make the change to the flooded market of MMO' s? I guess that' s where the money is.
Oh well. I wish them well, but it looks like Oblivion will be my last venture into the world of Elderscrolls.

The first part of the article was blocked for me.

I couldn' t read it either. Had to go here: http://news.spong.com/article/14190
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 9 Nov 07 2:19:21 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 14:27
They cant dethrone WoW with an elder scrolls game. TES just isnt a household name compared to Warcraft.

Just another grindfest, i wont care much about it.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 15:05
If they have the cool stuff from oblivion, the cities with tons of different people with indvidual AIs and whatnot it could really add to an MMO experience. Elder Scrolls is a pretty known name but it is nothing compared to warcraft and blizzard. I think the game will probably be awesome, if they' ve invested this much money in it already it better be. Even if it is better than WoW, I don' t see it having near the success. It still has to be pretty successful to get a return on that 300 mill though.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 15:06
They' ll have to tread very carefully when doing this. Personally, I think it' s a recipe for disaster.

I can imagine walking through the woods and exploring ancient tombs when suddenly some kid spouts " 33 pally lfg/T3 raid lolol!" on main chat or something. Immersion: Killed. Shitty times indeed.[:' (]

I really hope that they maybe do both TES5 and TES Online. That way they can still save the amazing series from MMO butchery.
Vx Chemical

RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 15:42
They butchered TES after little by little with every title, it nearly died with Oblivion. If they made TES5 diablo style, hey that might even be fun.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 16:23
I haven' t played any of the previous TES titles but I thought Oblivion was fantastic, its easily my most played game over the last few years. However MMOs I don' t give a monkeys about, full of griefers, idiots and other socially challenged morons.

Here' s waiting for a proper TES5.
Vx Chemical

RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 16:52
I understand why people like TES, and there is something enjoyable about it, but its more like WoW than a standard single player RPG, npc' s dont have personality, the quests are simple and boring.

You can do everything in one play through, be a dark brother and a knight of the nine. You cant fail a quest, you cant kill important NPC' s.

Dialogue is horrible.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 17:52
I can see where you' re coming from VX. TES isn' t for everyone. But please don' t compare it to WoW trash. Personally I thought Morrowind was their best so far but Oblivion was still a fantastic progression. In some places it was a little too " dumbed down" for my liking, but unfortunately that seems to be necessary for an RPG to gain mainstream success these days.

To say that it' s like WoW leads me to believe you didn' t play it very much.
Vx Chemical

RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 18:05
I got 1000/1000 acheivements, so i did play it quite a lot lol.

The comparison to wow is pretty easy.

Quests all consist of killing something or fetching something. There is only one way to do all the quests.

NPC lack personality and have very little to say (except for mudcrap though).

The title is severely dumped down, the combat is horrible, although slightly better than Morrowind. The worst part is the dialogue which there were no reason to dumb down. The Wiki speech is so sad.

The story left a lot to be wanted, if a RPG cant get the story right, its pretty sad.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 18:46
Speaking of MMOs, Huxley is now in its second beta according to IGN. Who was it that is/was obsessed with this game, I think loco or agent but I dont remember.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 18:53

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

Speaking of MMOs, Huxley is now in its second beta according to IGN. Who was it that is/was obsessed with this game, I think loco or agent but I dont remember.

Agent and myself.

If they can pull it off it' s going to be amazing.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Elder Scrolls MMO Confirmed!!!!! - Nov 09, 2007 23:12

quote:

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

Agent and myself.

If they can pull it off it' s going to be amazing.

Hey, don' t forget me!!! I have been waiting a long time to hear more news regarding Huxley. This game and Alan Wake are the 2 titles I am really hoping get released next year for the 360.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll