Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio quality) and ...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio quali - Apr 09, 2006 08:04
NANO sounds much worse than Mini (not to mention other models).
I' m incredibly dissapointed ...I feel almost cheated.

My Sharp MD SR80 (Auvi line) sounds better than both NANO and MINI.

Nano' s design is amazing but sound quality SUX - and I' ve read it kicks ass.

I guess those who say that ,didn' t use good headphones ...and I' m using Sennheiser PX100 (not the best HP ever but great for any portable system).

If you' re using apple HP - the sound is almost identical on all iPods.

Anyone here could share some experience with portable audio players?

I mean sound quality , nothing more.

I need the best sounding player and I can suffer a lot for it :)
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 09, 2006 09:53
I don' t know how anyone could be content with the supplied Apple headphones. Anyway I much prefer the sound of MiniDiscs, which usually sound better than any iPod that ever existed. Except for Sony MD players which over the years ended up being too quiet and weak. However the latest Sony NetMD player I have sounds AMAZING! It sounds as good as the AIWA player I had that is about to die. It' s not quiet and weak, and it actually has plenty of bass and it doesn' t even have a bass boost button (unless it' s somewhere in the menu system). I was very surprised with the unit. It' s only fault is that it' s not HiMD compatible.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 9 Apr 06 1:54:35 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 09, 2006 10:09

However the latest Sony NetMD player I have sounds AMAZING! It sounds as good as the AIWA player I had that is about to die. It' s not quiet and weak, and it actually has plenty of bass and it doesn' t even have a bass boost button (unless it' s somewhere in the menu system). I was very surprised with the unit. It' s only fault is that it' s not HiMD compatible.

You' re not talking about the Sony Sports Net MD are ya? That' s the one I use and I adore the little bugger!! Thank goodness for shirt pockets!

Recently had a chance to check out Creative Lab' s Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra.. Interesting little unit with 3 flaws I' ve noticed so far... Maybe it was with just the unit I tried out but the Lithium battery was a TINY bit loose. Everytime I moved around the unit would shut off.. Had to tape the battery down... The other issue was that Creative claims about a 14 - 15 hour battery life but after every full charge I seem to only get up to 10 hours of playtime. My Net MD will play for days on a single Duracell.

Other than that, the sound quality seems pretty decent, although I wish the volume, fast-forward & rewind buttons were tad bit bigger, so I can locate them right away whenever feeling my shirt pocket.. The way they are now, I spend a good deal of time feeling around for them and end up looking like I' m playing with my nipples in public -- although, that wouldn' t be such a bad neither.

< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 9 Apr 06 2:11:36 >
Joe Redifer

RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 09, 2006 13:10
My MD unit that I am liking is the Sony MZ-DN430 and it kind of looks like a small, square Mountain Dew or 7Up can. It is not affiliated with Sega Sports OR Joe Montana in any way.

It doesn' t look quite as " perforated" in real life, though.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 9 Apr 06 5:12:18 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 09, 2006 17:15
My MD also sounds amaizng but it broke - won' t record anything.

I think MD walkmans are too mechanical to survive for long with my normal (running , BMX and so on) usage.

I think their biggest advantage is atrac

That' s my sick baby :

< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 9 Apr 06 9:17:15 >
Terry Bogard

RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 09, 2006 18:01
Here' s MY babyyy!!

The thumb stick makes it perfect for a shirt pocket!

Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 10, 2006 01:59
...f*ck sony....
Joe Redifer

RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 10, 2006 07:13
I would if they' d put out.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 10, 2006 07:25
I just bought a nano a few weeks ago, I wanted a creative zen vision :m but was unavailable where i live. I' m really not an audiophile so i guess my input doesn' t mean much but I' m satisfied with the audio quality. The things I' m not satisfied with are the battery life which is more like 5 hours instead of 14, i use 160kbps mp3s with earphones.

wtf just as I' m writting this my ipod is all fucked up, oh well at least its still under warrenty. i can' t play any songs its just scrolling through the list, i can' t turn it off either!
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 9 Apr 06 23:27:03 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 10, 2006 23:36
I thought MD was dead!
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 11, 2006 23:12
Gamejunkie - Audiophile is not a genetic disease - you become one after you have heard a good quality Audio playback.

As for Nano it sounds great on Apple supplied headphones but it sux if you plug better ones.

I' m thinking about creative layers since I' ve heard they have the best sound lately.

MD is dead officially but some people still love it

Oh and NAno is a good device - if it' s " fucked up" you should check the manual and you' ll know what you did wrong :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 11 Apr 06 15:13:58 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 12, 2006 03:03
I never implied that being an audiophile is negative, I' m just easy to please when it comes to sound. Even when i bought better earphones i thought my nano sounded good. I don' t doubt that the mini sounds better but i still like the nano more as the mini looks like its designed for kids. Also I solved the problem with my nano with a reset. Its just wierd that it choked on me right as I' m talking about it.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 12, 2006 07:32
I bought a soundcard for my computer. Thats as far as I go with sound.
Joe Redifer

RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 12, 2006 08:58
Is your soundcard THX certified? If not, then you' re better off with no sound at all, or so THX/Creative Labs (they' re the same company) would have you believe.
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 12, 2006 21:12

I never implied that being an audiophile is negative, I' m just easy to please when it comes to sound.

Sorry I didn' t mean to attack you - I' m just saying that your ears have nothing to do with being an audiophile.It' s all about " How high quality audio you' ve heard before"

Once you' ve heard something that sounds better you have hard times listening to anything below it' s quality.

Unfortuntely that can only go up and prices go up as well :)

People who say " Sound isn' t that important to me" are people who didn' t get to hear their favourite tunes on a high end audio device.I know cause like many before me I had no idea how different it is.

" There are speakers that bring music to you , and then there are speakers that bring you to the music"
Terry Bogard

RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 13, 2006 09:25

I thought MD was dead!

It' s all depends on how you look at it I suppose

As far as commercial music releases go, Mini-disc is dead I guess.. But for custom tracks, I think it' s doing ok. It' s a great alternative to the portable MP3 players and other music devices out there.
Joe Redifer

RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 13, 2006 09:51
Yeah, they still sell MD players and blank discs in stores. As far as music releases on the format, I think that ended the first year. When I bought my first MiniDisc player (the first one ever released... the MZ1) 13 years ago, it came with the Forrest Gump soundtrack on MD. Weird.

The MZ1, my first MiniDisc recorder/player.
It was HUGE, and heavy. The battery
was giant and only lasted for an hour.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 13 Apr 06 1:53:49 >
RichieGecko

• Total Posts : 11
RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 18, 2006 14:17
I just bought the 30 GB iPod, and I love it. I use it at work, in waiting rooms, and on long trips. However - I still use my MiniDisc player at the gym.
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 18, 2006 18:48
what headphones do you use?
RichieGecko

• Total Posts : 11
RE: I' ve tested most new iPod and got the nano (the only one I didn' t check for audio q - Apr 19, 2006 02:20
I use Sony earbuds. The iPod headphones suck.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message