Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC?
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 25, 2005 16:31
Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? On May 14 Saturday. I am!! Maybe we can meet as a group over there os something..
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 25, 2005 17:33
Would like to but Can' t, I' ll be off to E3, lol..
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 25, 2005 17:38
I thought E3 was at the end of May. Are you hitchhiking?
Terry Bogard

RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 25, 2005 19:20
lol.. It' s the week of the 18th - 20th.. I' ll be in LA on the 15th.
Joe Redifer

RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 25, 2005 19:40
What the hell are you gonna do for 2 to 3 days? Inexcusable!
Terry Bogard

RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 25, 2005 20:23
I always arrive about 3 - 4 days before da show :)
Joe Redifer

RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 25, 2005 20:41
And do what? I demand to see your itinerary. Do your plans include listening to Yuzo? They should.
Terry Bogard

RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 25, 2005 21:08

And do what? I demand to see your itinerary. Do your plans include listening to Yuzo? They should.

My daily plans always include good ol Yuzo!!!

On average I arrive 3 days before the show, it' s a good way to get situated and relax a few days before the madness that is E3 begins. Last year I basically watched tons of movies during that relaxation period. Looking to do the same again this year now that Knight Rider Season 2 is out along with a few other DVDs I' m waiting on purchasing before heading out there.
Willco

• Total Posts : 76
RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 26, 2005 05:35
I' ll also be in LA at E3 by that time. Don' t forget, conferences start as early as the 16th this year and Adam is a cruel taskmaster that expects nothing less than perfection.

And Terry is right. You never want to go head on into E3. At least give yourself a full 48 hours, because once it begins, everyone is like 24-Hour Party People.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 26, 2005 08:00
I wish I could go to E3 but how in the heck is one like me supposed to enter it? I would go but I can' t because I have no clue on how to get in.. I thought important people are allowed to go in...

and I understand that E3 is way better then the opening of Nintendo World but that' s all I can do right now... atleast it' s something big.... I don' t want to feel dumb going there when all of you guys are at E3... but it will be fun with my friends... gives us something to do..
< Message edited by Starman Anthony -- 26 Apr 05 16:02:26 >
Terry Bogard

RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 26, 2005 09:06

and I understand that E3 is way better then the opening of Nintendo World but that' s all I can do right now... atleast it' s something big.... I don' t want to feel dumb going there when all of you guys are at E3... but it will be fun with my friends... gives us something to do..

Starman, I hope you didn' t take my original response as trying to say that E3 is way better and more important than the opening of Nintendo World, I was only saying WHY I wouldn' t be able to attend the opening.
Had the opening been on Friday, May 13th instead of Saturday, May 14th then I would have DEFINITELY checked it out no problem. But as it is the opening is happening during my pack-up-and-leave-for-LA period. Plus it would require me to take the train from Jersey and travel an hour into New York City, whereas I work in the city Monday - Friday and could have easily stopped by then without a problem. It all comes down to convenience at this point, the timing of Nintendo World' s opening just isn' t convenient for me. I would have definitely loved to check it out though!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 26 Apr 05 17:08:26 >
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 29, 2005 17:45
I definitely wanna check out this store next time I am " pimping it out" in NY MF-ing C. However this may not be for a few months till after E3!

And yes I will be expecting perfection from all staff at the show. 6.30 SHARP breakfast check-in meeting every morning! Jog around the block! 100 push-ups! Then, 634 interviews each to do during each day of the show.

You think we' re kidding...
Joe Redifer

RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 29, 2005 17:54
Please avoid asking generic questions!

I don' t want to see questions like " How do you think the next generation will shape up?" asked to everybody. Nobody can predict the future. I' d rather know more about them on a personal level. Why they make crappy games, etc.
Willco

RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 29, 2005 20:02
I quit.
Joe Redifer

RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 29, 2005 20:12
OK. Maybe ONE generic question, but that' s it.
Willco

RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - Apr 29, 2005 21:16
Okay, I' m back!

" MISTER AONUMA, HOW WILL FISHING TIE INTO THE OVER STORY IN THE LATEST ZELDA INSTALLMENT?"
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - May 03, 2005 05:48
Hey!

If someone else pays (that' s all expenses paid) for it, I' ll go to either the Nintendo World opening or E3!

Just let me know when to be ready...

Joe Redifer

RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - May 03, 2005 16:50
Just a question:

What would be worth shopping for at a Nintendo store? Nintendo doesn' t exactly have a lot of product.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 4 May 05 0:51:03 >
evangelion

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - May 17, 2005 00:16
so did any of you guys go?

was it good? are there any details online? would be greatly appreciated :D
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Who is going to the grand opening of Nintendo World store in NYC? - May 31, 2005 20:57

What would be worth shopping for at a Nintendo store? Nintendo doesn' t exactly have a lot of product.

There' s a Gizomondo store in the middle of London! Now you tell me, what would be eorth shopping for at a Gizmondo store?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll