Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Any more PC gamers out there?
Vysehrahd

• Total Posts : 46
Any more PC gamers out there? - Aug 19, 2004 15:25
Was just wondering if im the only one, but im more of a PC gamer than a console gamer. The only consoles I own are a NES, N64, and PS2 (mainly for the fighting games ) I was also wondering if anyone could help me with a problem that i cant seem to figure out. I was installing one of my fav games Giants: Citizen Kabuto (on PC of course) and it crashed about 2/3 way through install. Now its in my reg and i cant uninstall because there isent enough, and i cant install because there is somthing. So I located every file from that game and deleted it by hand, and tried erasing it from my registry. When i go onto the CD and click the setup icon (not from auto run) it looks like its initializing install, but it just run the deinstall which obviously dosent work.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Any more PC gamers out there? - Aug 20, 2004 07:48
Go download a program called Registry Mechanic (I love it) :) I think download.com has it
It detects errors, corrupted files, incomplete data, start-up errors...some more. If u use it, remember DON" T click the repair all button (it will erase all errors) including files it THINKS are unneeded. I learned it the hard way, I clicked that button and my Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PP...) don' t work, it says it' s missing file. I had to borrow the MS disc from my friend to get it working again. So just delete the game data you' re trying to get rid of.

Did u try to go to Control Panel and the Add or Remove Programs?

BTW, I am more of a PC-gamer than a console gamer
tworaw

• Total Posts : 20
RE: Any more PC gamers out there? - Aug 20, 2004 18:14
Yes theres one right here too, I think i' ve been playing PC longer then consoles but i' ve been gameing since like 3 or 4 years old so I cant really remember but I like the PC alot better than consoles, only bad thing is hardware updates.
Vysehrahd

RE: Any more PC gamers out there? - Aug 21, 2004 00:23
Yeah, i tried to use a program called registry cleaner, dident seem to work. I guess i' ll just have to try with the other program. As for having it in my add/remove, it was in there, dident do anything as far as when i tried to uninstall it. When some of my regestry was removed (cleaned) it disapeared, but it still just goes into uninstall mode when I click the install button off the auto run. I ment to mention this before but yeah, i' ve tried opening the cd and runing the .exe setup and that does not work either.
Vysehrahd

RE: Any more PC gamers out there? - Aug 21, 2004 00:44
Yeah dude, its a no go... Guess its about time to F-disk

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages