Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MotorStorm rocks too!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 03:04
...dammit, that buffoon Sabrewolf-464 had to go and get his greek a$$ banned (again) just as i was replying to something which *gasp* was actually worthwhile in one of his topics...

...anyhow, to continue, i' ll just post it here for general MotorStorm discussion:

Man MotorStorm looks georgeous, i mean really really good, and super fun, here are some great vids, the first one its really good, check the out guys.

http://www.playsyde.com/leech_3050_en.aspx
http://www.playsyde.com/leech_3076_en.aspx

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748488/vid_1717307.aspx
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748488/vid_1717760.aspx
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748488/vid_1717759.aspx
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748488/vid_1717762.aspx

...f*ck me!

...before, Resistance was the only launch title i was interested in, but despite the *coughrampantmisinformationontheseboardscough*, Motorstom looks pretty f*cking awesome now

....i love the carnage.. ...trucks flying off cliffs, shunting and barging you ... ..blowing up into teeny tiny pieces ' n shit....

...did you see that little motorbike dude get squidged buy that truck?.....

...Goddamn, i just know i' m gonna die of laughter playing this online..

....i think some people owe f3hunter an apology......

...this game is like sooooo totally the other game i' ll be playing along with Resistance....

...now... ...about that loan....
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 03:28
at least it isnt that slow anymore..
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 03:36
what he do to get banned this time?
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 05:28
Wow!!, very impressive. Think think it' s a bit slow & sorta choppy though, but I think they' ll smooth it all out by release. My hatred for sony is actually starting slightly disappear, slightly. Yeah I know I seem lame, but they killed sega before my dream game Panzeer Saga 2 could come out. I know it was gonna happen, but sony' s getting George Lucas to claim that the ps2 could render scenes from episode one, because it was more powerful than the equipment they used, really did the trick. Still waiting for the game that looks like episode one.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 05:37
Damn then they closed the other topic??? thats a bummer, soyeah, Motosstorm rocks my socks, and thisgame aint gonna get old because of the dowloadble content, more cars, more tracks moste bikes, all of is, that its just gonna own.

Here its a page whit many of the cars...

http://playstation3.gaming-universe.de/news/kommentare-463.aspx

could anyone tell how the fuck can i post pics

By the way, motorstorm rocks too??? Yeah i knew since TGS
< Message edited by fernandino -- 22 Oct 06 22:30:53 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 05:37

I think some people owe f3hunter an apology...

I dont need anything TBH.. they need to apologise to themselves for letting the Fanboyism gettting in their heads..

I dont particular warm to SONY either but when i see a blantantly good-looking or groundbreaking graphics on a game, I' ll admit it no matter what plattform its on.

I suppose these things will only hit them when they go round to their friends and see the game for themselves and realise their 360 isnt doing this sh£T.
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 22 Oct 06 21:42:31 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 05:50

My hatred for sony is actually starting slightly disappear, slightly. Yeah I know I seem lame, but they killed sega before my dream game Panzeer Saga 2 could come out.

I think Sega was driven out of the hardware biz by a combination of efforts from Sony, Microsoft, EA, and some very bad management within Sega as well. They were sort of like a sports team with amazing athletes (artists & developers) but terrible coaches and administrators.
Vx Chemical

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 05:52
It doesnt look that impressive! Besides the PS3 cant do GoW or Mass Effect! We arent blinde fanboys, we are just skeptical to sony and dont believe everything they say unlike you!

Even most 3rd party Devs say that the xbox can push better graphics, the ony ones who dont are 2nd or 1st party Sony devs!

There' s no way this title couldnt not be possible on the 360!

The mud looks okay good though
f3hunter

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 06:08
Aye? cos i admit in saying Motostorm has better, physics, animation graphics than any 360 game ive seen, i agree with anything Sony says?? How did you work that one out..?

Like steptechdotnet, i hated Sony with a passion.. Ive NEVER even owned a Sony console cos i hated them that much.. (I choose a Saturn over a PS, a Dreamcast. GC, Xbox over a PS2 and DS over PSP).. And you try to tell me how i feel towards Sony!? uve got a cheek!!

quote:

My hatred for sony is actually starting slightly disappear, slightly. Yeah I know I seem lame, but they killed sega before my dream game Panzeer Saga 2 could come out.

I think Sega was driven out of the hardware biz by a combination of efforts from Sony, Microsoft, EA, and some very bad management within Sega as well. They were sort of like a sports team with amazing athletes (artists & developers) but terrible coaches and administrators.

Yeah, Also Dev teams at SEGA had too much freedoom and one can say was TOO creative for their own good.. Dreamcast had tons of brand new great IP' s and great ideas its just ashame Playstation was the ' in' thing at the time.. Just like how ' Youtube and myspace is on the net.

GRR. its really hard for me to think i have to Get a Sony console for the first time just to play a SEGA game.. Ironic isnt it :(

fernandino

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 06:18

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

It doesnt look that impressive! Besides the PS3 cant do GoW or Mass Effect! We arent blinde fanboys, we are just skeptical to sony and dont believe everything they say unlike you!

Even most 3rd party Devs say that the xbox can push better graphics, the ony ones who dont are 2nd or 1st party Sony devs!

There' s no way this title couldnt not be possible on the 360!

The mud looks okay good though

of course the PS3 can do GoW and ME whitout any troubles, all they need to do its fit the engine, and BTW GoW look good but way to brigth, and the game only supports 8 player multiplayer and only two player co-op, and they are using FaceFX so the face exprecion look just horrid, the weapons are pretty average, and the AI its just super dumb, all they need its to glance at your teammates and they will forget all about u letting you sneak behind them, and for gods sakes, the bodys and blood dissapear 1 minute after by magic, the maps are kinda big but there are loading times, and Marcus its just SUPER FUCKING DUMB... " ill take those" " thast was satisfaying" " now im pissed"

god it makes me wanna slap his fat ugly face.

Vx Chemical

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 06:29
As far as i know there are only load times once every level!

Face expressions look fine, you can argue whether or not you like the style of the game, it has nothing to do with how the graphics looks!

Sure the PS3 can do GoW ofcourse it can, but when can it do it? I mean the Darkness will have better textures on the 360 because the way the PS3 is designed it cant push the same detail! The same will be true with other games as well, well all other games!

The 360 is alot easier to program for, where as the PS3 is a design hell, as stated by John Carmack.

All of you are praising the PS3 to the heavens before its even launched, you' ve forgotten all the things that youv been promised, you think that the PS3 will run every game at 60fps with no hiccups, and that i will render Killzone two CGI like graphics.

Bad news by bad news, sony' s card house is tumbling down, and the only ones who dont see any bad news or any fault in sony are you guys.

The PS3 will undoubtfully be a good console and worth its price tag, but i seriously doubt it will be better than the 360, which is more powerful in the graphic deparment!
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 06:31
Yeah, I was such a sega whore, they were the only game company that (when they released the genesis) I' d starve myself by saving my lunch money for new games, lost like 20pounds, which wasn' t good since I weighted nothing to begin with. I remember going to the arcades every weekend looking for that new sega arcade game. when my friends were playing mario at the arcades, I was being blown away by shinobi. some guy payed me money for him and his kid to watch me blow through space harrier on one credit. Remember when revenge of shinobi came out, remember the first time you sw spiderman, the terminator, batman(which they changed later) and godzilla(again changed later) in that game. Hearing the music on shinobi & streets of rage on my genesis(which led to my present obsession with electronic music, thanks again sega). There was just soo much amazing memories with saga, ecco the dolphin, phantasy star, I could go on forever(actually I did). The day I heard the stepped down, i almost cried. I was actually gonna get out of games altogether, until I saw jet set future & panzeer on the box, & the rest is history...
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 06:34
No too interested in the game really, it' s nothing i consider impressive. However your each entitled to your own opinions, however " Besides the PS3 cant do GoW or Mass Effect!" i think this is a bit over the top. So the ps3 in all it' s life span will not be able to do a game as impressive as these second gen games? You joker... Whilst I agree the 360 is more powerfull to a degree, your kidding yourself.

Everything multi format on 360 right now i expect to look better than ps3, hands down. Mainly due to the year lead which devs have familiarised themselves witht he console, but more so the fact the system is very easy to program for and develop on. Once the PS3 has been out for some time and Devs have gotten used to the tech and around the bottlenecks and blah blah blah, 3rd party games will be a lot closer in quality, with certain games doing different things better/worse for both platforms.

EDIT:

The PS3 will undoubtfully be a good console and worth its price tag, but i seriously doubt it will be better than the 360, which is more powerful in the graphic deparment!

So you define the better system by the better graphics?

END EDIT.

Anyway, not wanting to get dragged into a ' mine is better than yours' debate i' ll stop there.

GRR. its really hard for me to think i have to Get a Sony console for the first time just to play a SEGA game..

After the DC died, I had to do the same i purchased all systems so i could have all the choice of Sega I had when they were exclusive to dreamcast and before.
< Message edited by uumai -- 22 Oct 06 22:38:41 >
fernandino

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 06:59

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

As far as i know there are only load times once every level!

Face expressions look fine, you can argue whether or not you like the style of the game, it has nothing to do with how the graphics looks!

for the face expressions whatch here when they are under attack and one sais " are u kidding, yuo are the support son 2:50-3:00
for the in-game loading whatch here when theres only one locus left
1:46-1:49

Sure the PS3 can do GoW ofcourse it can, but when can it do it? I mean the Darkness will have better textures on the 360 because the way the PS3 is designed it cant push the same detail! The same will be true with other games as well, well all other games!

Thats just fucking retarded, the pipiline betwen every SPE makes up for the lack of unified memory, the 360´s one and only advantage its thet they have more general purpose memory and GPM isnt relevant on game development, more in an OS or web browser which the 360 doesent even have. Why dont u give them time so the PS3 accually launch, let the developers get used to it

The 360 is alot easier to program for, where as the PS3 is a design hell, as stated by John Carmack.

Thats because Carmack its a master developer FOR THE PC where games rely more on the GPU than the CPU, the best of the PS3 its the cpu, hes not used to rely its geometry to the SPE but in vertex programs, he even said that he could make a great game whit a huge graphic card and very average CPU, he may be a genious developing for PC but his insigths on the console industry arent that valuable.

All of you are praising the PS3 to the heavens before its even launched, you' ve forgotten all the things that youv been promised, you think that the PS3 will run every game at 60fps with no hiccups, and that i will render Killzone two CGI like graphics.

Bad news by bad news, sony' s card house is tumbling down, and the only ones who dont see any bad news or any fault in sony are you guys.

And what about they didnt promised and they are delivering anyway??? like 1080p launch titles, or free online game or that everygame will be on BR Disc, or 60 dlls games, web browser and OS support??? the bad news are mostly because of the websites that give half-cooked news that turn out to be either BS or missinterpretation.

Im not quite sure if the 360 will have better graphics, thats up to the GPU, and we dont know the final specs for the RSX, so i just wouldn know, but i know the PS3 can do alot more in termsof content thanks to its 7 SPE´s, thinks like more enemys at same time, better AI, better physics, better sound and video quality, better global inlumination, and such, giving a hole diferent game experience.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 22 Oct 06 23:15:16 >
f3hunter

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 07:15

Yeah, I was such a sega whore, they were the only game company that (when they released the genesis) I' d starve myself by saving my lunch money for new games, lost like 20pounds, which wasn' t good since I weighted nothing to begin with. I remember going to the arcades every weekend looking for that new sega arcade game. when my friends were playing mario at the arcades, I was being blown away by shinobi. some guy payed me money for him and his kid to watch me blow through space harrier on one credit. Remember when revenge of shinobi came out, remember the first time you sw spiderman, the terminator, batman(which they changed later) and godzilla(again changed later) in that game. Hearing the music on shinobi & streets of rage on my genesis(which led to my present obsession with electronic music, thanks again sega). There was just soo much amazing memories with saga, ecco the dolphin, phantasy star, I could go on forever(actually I did). The day I heard the stepped down, i almost cried. I was actually gonna get out of games altogether, until I saw jet set future & panzeer on the box, & the rest is history...

Man sounds so much like me:

Check my site:
http://www.myspace.com/bareknuckle2
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 08:08
I loathe Sony, but this game looks good...seriously, LOATHE SONY. I' ve hated them ever since they jumped into the gaming arena...I look at it this way...

Sony has a financial backing of Movies, Technology, and Games.

Microsoft has Windows/Technology and now Games

Nintendo and Sega only had Games...they were that and that alone. When Sony came into the arena and caused the Demise of Sega I couldn' t help, but feel like they deserved to be taken down...almost 6 years later they are finally meeting their demise. They never fit in with Gaming they never should have jumped into the arena...they should have left it to the people at Nintendo (who actually give a fuck about games) to continue the Legacy of gaming.

But all in all that game looks GREAT :)
Vx Chemical

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 14:44
People do fully know what RSX is! yeah sony has delivered things, but they have lied about so much more!

As the consoles launches in november, there' s nothing worth getting if you already own a Xbox 360. Yes you can get a Sixaxis controller, which the copied from nintendo, you can get their online play which they copied from MS, which may or may not be worth anything at all, since sony has no background in making anything online at all.

Yeah Carmack is a PC developer, but he is on equal terms with everyone else on the PS3, so what you said about him is just plain bullshit, no one has touched the PS3 hardware before, and no one has touched something similar to it, so its fully valid what he said, and he hasnt been the only one.

Sony' s lost its edge, and have been filling people with crap every since they laucned PS2, ToyStory graphics my ass, did you guys see their demo' s of what was possible back then? ohhh yeah right they did the same with the Killzone trailer.

They are pathetic, if any other company lied through the teeth like that, consumers would flee.

You may think the 360 has underdelivered, and maybe it has if you like games like Rathet and Clank: Pulled out of your arsenal, Jak and Daxter (which really died after the first one) or motostorm, but there are many rock solid games there.

The only good things from a sony console are ICO, and SoTC, and nothing like that has even been shown yet.

Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 15:21
I don' t think so. First party games yes, but if you include the bulk of Sega/Namco support, plus Capcom and Konami, it fares better than either the XB or the GCN.

Sony' s strength has always been it' s third-party software from large Jap devs, not it' s first-party content, which has got much better though. Graphically nothing on 360 touches VF5 yet, not with the same level of detail, textures and lighting all running at 60fps. Of course it' s only a matter if time before something does, or is it, thinking back to VF4 Evo on PS2.

I' m not saying PS3 is more powerfull, but just that the devs mostly likely to show just what it can do will be Jap third-party, and not Sony. Hell VF4 Evo is still one of the best looking PS2 games, and that' s holding up against anything the XB can do as well.

For me it' s goes PS2 then GCN then XB.

It' s too early to tell this gen how it will turn out, probably PS3 if 360 doesn' t pick up in Japan, which would be a crying shame overall. Still, we shall see.
fernandino

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 16:06
Everything u said its just dirt fanboy talk, and since u are clearly mad at SONY u wont hear anything i say, so calm down, get ur head out of Moore´s ass and know that i dont thing MS hasnt delivered, quite the reverse, they have a great machine and good games on the way, SONY didnt copied MS or Nintendo, theire online and control are quite diferent to the competition, the online its free, gives any player the chance to buy content, the transactions are made in money and not in stupid Pionts, its a portal where u can get content from/to all PlayStation consoles, about the control they showed the patent from 1999, so thet pretty much speaks for itself.

To be honest SONY its walking its own path, or did SONY made an add-on just to keep up??? did they gave the PS3 a web browser or an OS to match the competition??? they didnt got the HD-DVD built into the box to guive players a chiose, they got DVD because they dont get any profit from the sistem wars, and they wont make the Live free because they need the income, not because they whant to ensure cuality

About Carmack, hes not used to rely/work heavily on the CPU, its natural thet he feels the machine hard to develop for.

There are alot of first party SONY games that are just awesome:

Syphon Filter
Shadow of the Colossus
Gran Turismo
Daxter
ICO
God of War
Dark Cloud
Rouge Galaxy
WhipeOut
SOCOM
Sly Cooper
Siren
Killzone
LocoRoco
Jak and Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
< Message edited by fernandino -- 23 Oct 06 8:10:46 >
Vx Chemical

RE: MotorStorm rocks too! - Oct 23, 2006 16:49
I might prefer the Xbox 360, to the PS3, but no more than you do the other way around.

I might get a PS3 depending on whether or not they really make a game worth owning one for. As it is now, unless your a Jrpg fan, there really isnt much to get one for!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message