Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Is Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory really that good?
jars

• Total Posts : 148
Is Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory really that good? - Apr 03, 2005 05:30
How do it' s graphics compare to Chronicles of Riddick for instance?
And how is it' s framerate? Does it maintain 30fps pretty well? does it ever drop?

Gameplay-wise i have nothing to complain about anymore, because of the ever so clever lethal-knife attack (see my other thread :P ), and the co-op mode looks very promising.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Is Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory really that good? - Apr 03, 2005 08:00
It' s that good and then some.

The graphics are the best to grace a console yet. While Riddick looked good standing still, SC looks spectacular at all times. It uses several different mapping techniques to accomplish it' s superb quality of visuals along with the best textures pushed out by the xbox yet. Riddick alwas blurred out when in motion to cover up the jaggies and such because the system just couldn' t handle putting the game into motio while holding up the poly counts and effects. SC' s programmers managed to make it stay at a silky smooth frame rate.

The only time the frame rate drops is when playing the co-op or versus online just because of lag. Other than that the game is smooth as silk.

The gameplay has also opened up greatly. The player can now run and gun if he or she pleases or can go the ol' stealth route. This allows it to be more appealing to a larger audience. I' ve only encountered a couple of times where killing has been restricted and stealth was emphasized, but this is a stealth game so it is expected.

SC:CT is the best game I' ve ever played. I' m enjoying every second of it.
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: Is Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory really that good? - Apr 03, 2005 08:16
Wow! then i' m in!
GodOfWar

• Total Posts : 49
RE: Is Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory really that good? - Apr 03, 2005 13:06
graphic wise id go with chroncles of riddick i think they looked better , and one of the best graphics on consoles , if you see how deep the enviornments looked and how character animation . And for gameplay also the same i kinda enjoyed the chronicles of riddicks great storyline and rich gameplay . I would go with riddick , but dont get me wrong sc:ct is an ok game
Fragus_Maximus

• Total Posts : 156
RE: Is Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory really that good? - Apr 03, 2005 13:12
Well, whats great about CO-OP mode in SC:CT is that it has a completely different story than in singleplayer, making it an entirely new experiance.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll