Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Good ideas, bad execution
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
Good ideas, bad execution - Jul 28, 2005 04:54
What mechanics, stories or games in their entirety do you think are a nice idea but executed as successfully as a drunk fat man walking along a tight rope?

Although admittedly it isn' t executed particulary badly, I' d still have to say the live ammo in Oddworld: Strangers Wrath. In my view this could have been pulled off so much better, giving more incentive to use particular ammo.

This is all I can think of right now, but I' ll be sure to add to it if anything comes to mind.

Come on, tell me yours
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Good ideas, bad execution - Jul 28, 2005 07:05
Hang-On GP 1995
Shin Shinobi Den
Moto GP series (Namco)
Planet Harriers
Silpheed: The Lost Planet
Headhunter: Redemption
Project Altered Beast (well actually the idea sucked to!)
Altered Beast Guardian of the realm (or some crap like that for the Gameboy Advance)
Luigi' s Mansion
3D Contras and Castlevanias

...more to come
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Good ideas, bad execution - Jul 28, 2005 13:38
All NFL Fever games after the first one. I thought they were contenders.

I guess other than that, I don' t really think about games in terms of " why" they suck. Either they do, or they don' t.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Good ideas, bad execution - Jul 29, 2005 02:17
Fable...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Good ideas, bad execution - Jul 29, 2005 07:57

ORIGINAL: yoshimitsu15

Fable...

True, but even though it didn' t live up to the original idea it was still a badass game.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 29 Jul 05 22:17:34 >
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Good ideas, bad execution - Jul 29, 2005 10:15

True, but even though it didn' t lie up to the original idea it was still a badass game.

I couldn' t agree more with that sentance.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Good ideas, bad execution - Jul 29, 2005 18:55
I play all the crap games. Even the ones that ppl don' t hear about or when you goto the store and you see it on the shelf. You look at it and you wonder, wth?!? I play them mostly because I don' t want to make the same mistakes they did in my game that I plan to make. Sometimes, the crap game will have one thing in it that will make it actually worth something to common folks. So, I take that idea and be sure to note it in the future.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Good ideas, bad execution - Jul 29, 2005 19:53
kombatfighter, I KNOW you didn' t find a single worthwhile thing in Double Dragon 5. That game had absolutely NO redeemable qualities whatsoever
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Good ideas, bad execution - Jul 30, 2005 08:23

kombatfighter, I KNOW you didn' t find a single worthwhile thing in Double Dragon 5. That game had absolutely NO redeemable qualities whatsoever

Ewww..it' s been a while since I' ve played that one. Let me get back to you on that.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Good ideas, bad execution - Jul 30, 2005 09:09
Pariah - so poorly done!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Good ideas, bad execution - Jul 30, 2005 09:34
Yeah, the Pariah demo was pretty lame and I heard finding a story in that game was like fining one in Unreal Tournament.

Although admittedly it isn' t executed particulary badly, I' d still have to say the live ammo in Oddworld: Strangers Wrath. In my view this could have been pulled off so much better, giving more incentive to use particular ammo.

I' ve been meaning to talk about this one. there is plenty of incentive to use different ammo in the game. I' m playing through the game right now and I' m in the 3rd city (New Yolk). Normally I run around with the shock bugs and the spiders to wrap the normal villians but for those big armored ones the knock back bugs need to be used. then with alll the bosses the spiders don' t work at all. you have to switch up the ammo you are using to find their weakness. Then again you may not have been trying to capture all the enemies alive like I am. In that case you can pretty much just use 2 or three tyepes of ammo. That ruins the point of the game though.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll