Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 02:35

This whole PS3 delay game has really become something of an amusing sideshow at this point: after so much bad press concerning nearly every single aspect of the console, you' d think that Sony would do everything possible to ensure that things run smoothly from here until launch, and yet word on the street is that Europe may be victim to still another postponement. It should be noted we have no independent confirmation of the following information, but Spanish gaming site MeriStation is reporting that Ken Kutaragi recently admitted that supply problems for Japan and North America could force the European PS3 launch to be delayed until May -- which would mean that Japanese and American consumers might have their systems nearly six months before the eager gamers in the rest of the world. Now keep in mind that Kutaragi also supposedly said that Sony has not modified its European launch plans at this time, so right now we' re only looking at a " what if" scenario. Still, this rollout has been plagued with nothing but problems since day one, and as much as we' d like to see Sony pull this one off considering the shaky condition it' s currently in, we' re starting to think that these little issues and public gaffes may add up to big problems.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 02:44
I just say blow all the launch dates back, because there' s not enough to go around as it is.[:' (] I' d rather wait a few months, give the developers time to turn out something decent, and then see how it all works out.
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 04:15
oh dear lord. It' s funny, I got a friend who got so pissed off he' s decided he' s getting a 360 this christmas instead of waiting lol. I' ve been telling him since launch to get one!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 04:21
May?

Ha, now i' m just waiting for Ken to tell Americans that Christmas is cancelled and won' t start until Sony says it does.

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 04:42
If Sony doesn' t care about marketshare/winning this generation, doesn' t care about the competition, then why are they bothering to rush yet another launch? Why don' t they wait until they have a decent launch shipment and launch in January or something? I know they' ll miss the all-important holiday season but remember, They " Don' t Care" about a lot of things.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 05:04
Why do you guys think the PS3 will be on the moon before Europe? they delayed it for 6 months, that gives them enough time to get the Europe launch set up.
Nitro

RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 05:49
Look what happened with the PSP.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 05:51
psp isnt sony' s next gen replacement of ps2.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 13 Oct 06 21:51:22 >
Nitro

RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 06:04
PS3 won' t replace PS2. PS2 will likely remain the most successful games console ever for a long time. I don' t think anything can touch it as far as sales figures goes and if the market will be split more evenly this generation it would take a huge growth boost for any company to hit 100 million. Even Sony.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 06:06
They might be going for the philosophy that shortages will actually increase demand. You know, it' ll be worth more to people when they can boast to their friends that they got one and most haven' t. The extra $200 will seem to go towards exclusivity.

It' s like a hot girl who' s over eager. You need a bit of a tease sometimes!
Nitro

RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 06:14
It' s not that simple. PS3 has been delayed and will only be available in limited numbers because of the diode shortage.

Sony are hoping that Blu-Ray will replace DVD, and yet HD-DVD is currently outselling it 5:1. Sony can' t afford to lose a lot of ground in the DVD market and need PS3 to push their format. They messed up the European PSP launch REALLY badly and they' ve done the same with PS3. Just 500,000 units worldwide for the holiday season? Hell, Microsoft managed triple that and still couldn' t satisfy demand.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 06:43
More bad news, sony sure is a one-trick pony :)
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 06:52

May?

Ha, now i' m just waiting for Ken to tell Americans that Christmas is cancelled and won' t start until Sony says it does.

LMAO
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 14, 2006 23:30

They might be going for the philosophy that shortages will actually increase demand.
We know that' s never been the case.

LMAO

I don' t think he was joking.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 14 Oct 06 15:31:11 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 15, 2006 10:48

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

...and yet HD-DVD is currently outselling it 5:1.

Is that right?

That' s pretty funny, considering all of the Best Buys I' ve gone to (3, actually) have very prominent Blu-ray displays, but NOTHING on display for HD-DVD. Hell, Circuit City doesn' t even CARRY HD-DVD!

I mean, I' m sure price has something to do with it, but what other reasons could there be? I mean, 5 to 1! That' s huge! I' m gonna say that name recognition plays a big part.

I' m just waiting for my 360 add-on, baby! I' ve already started my movie collection!
Nitro

RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 15, 2006 10:58

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

...and yet HD-DVD is currently outselling it 5:1.

Is that right?

That' s pretty funny, considering all of the Best Buys I' ve gone to (3, actually) have very prominent Blu-ray displays, but NOTHING on display for HD-DVD. Hell, Circuit City doesn' t even CARRY HD-DVD!

I mean, I' m sure price has something to do with it, but what other reasons could there be? I mean, 5 to 1! That' s huge! I' m gonna say that name recognition plays a big part.

I' m just waiting for my 360 add-on, baby! I' ve already started my movie collection!

It' s an average. In August, HD-DVD outsold Blu-Ray 3:1 in the US, but in Japan it was 11:1. I think the fact that there are waaaaaay more HD-DVD titles out is the main reason. Blu-Ray sales will peak when PS3 is launched.

As for Best Buy, from what i' ve read they' re actually pulling HD-DVD because of some deal with Sony.
peacegamer

• Total Posts : 5
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 15, 2006 11:04
The news of a possible delay of the ps3 in europe has been officially denied, and kutaragi himself didn' t partecipate in any briefing in the last weeks.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 15, 2006 11:19

As for Best Buy, from what i' ve read they' re actually pulling HD-DVD because of some deal with Sony.

Y' know, that' s the kinda shit that I hate. What happened to consumers deciding what technology they want, as opposed to big companies throwing money around to be the winner. I mean, it pisses me off enough that video games are constantly being bought to be exclusives, but now technology!

The HD-DVD consortium should counter with exclusive rights on Amazon.com.
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 15, 2006 14:49
I don' t know about you guys, but I think Europe gets a pretty good deal. Sure they miss the holiday season, but by the time the PS3 launchs there in Europe there should be at least one or two more good games for it so they' ll have more options...

But then agian, I' m expecting Sony to ramp up production once they figure things out. But, they' ve been in production since like mid-July? so...they should be getting all those bugs fixed here soon.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Will the amusement never cease, Sony craps on Europe once again (most likely) - Oct 15, 2006 18:28
If this is true, then it' s certainly not surprising. Looking at very recent history, when Sony says March, it means summer.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message