Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 01:53
Click here for the live stream. That' s at least what the site says. 7pm Paris time, 1pm Eastern US time.

*** Edit: Corrected link. ***
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 28 May 08 18:02:12 >
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 02:15
thanks
i' ll take a look

Taking too long to get the feed...
i' ll check it out on you tube or if anyone saves the conference later.
< Message edited by the_shadowwolf -- 28 May 08 18:18:08 >
Rampage99

RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 02:30
1:21pm-
So far nothing new has been shown. Just a bunch of talk about furthering the emotional aspect of games. They are showing the FarCry 2 trailer that came out last night.

1:26pm-
Gameplay for FarCry 2 being shown. Nothing really happening. Some hang gliding, looking at the map more than anything, looking at some animals and sh*t. Talking about the trees and the grass, how they' re " real" . Some action now. Fighting some people. Lit up some grass and now the fire is expanding. Wind effects the movement of fire.

1:30pm-
New Prince of Persia is a restart of the series. New Prince, new world, new story (I can see Vx cringing). The Prince doesn' t start as a prince in the game. Start out as a wanderer or something.

1:32pm-
No more sands of time in the game. Said it was hard to give up the gameplay mechanic, but a new mechanic is going to be in it that surpasses it. Gay. Secondary character Elika is the new gameplay mechanic. Guy is just talking nonsense now. Not liking this idea. She' s basically an overhyped AI partner from the sound of it.

1:36pm-
Trailer, Prince and Elika fighting a boss called the Hunter. Visuals in motion look pimp but this doesn' t look like gameplay. Gameplay engine yes, but doctored quite a bit from the look of it. Way too short.

1:40pm-
Brothers In Arms is about to be shown. Tailer, all in game footage. Game looks great.

1:45pm-
Some girl on stage boasting about how she' s the only one wearing a tie and she' s a woman. Well good for her for dressing like a man. Now she' s talking about Wii Fit. Already don' t like this person.

1:47pm-
They are just going on and on how the Wii and DS are all about lifestyles. There' s no talk about games. Just f*cking bullshit about how the Nintendo products enhance you life (bullsh*t). She' s talking about social networking now using a DS. This is the most boring rubish I think I' ve ever heard at a press conference.

1:50pm-
Apparently that whole load of crap was actually talking about games. A social networking game, something to help you stop smoking (that' s a game?), lifestyle stuff... they are showing a trailer about it now but it doesn' t make any sense at all.

1:52pm-
Talking about the 10 year anniversary of the Tom Clancy franchise. Showing a trailer of all the Tom Clancy games over the years and some future titles (HAWX, End War).

1:56pm-
HAWX demo is being shown. Visually it looks pretty good. I really don' t care much about this game though.

2:00pm-
They showed a dogfight, looked decent. The computer voice in your jet is annoying as hell.

2:01pm-
End War is up. A demo is up. Using only voice controls. Seems to be working flawlessly and is very responsive. Visuals looks pretty good. The stream I' m watching is really low res but still looks quite nice. Voice commands are really impressive. Environments are apparently fully destructible. I really like what I' m seeing. This looks like it' s going to be a pretty good title. I' m noticing the voice commands make everything far more fluid than using a controller. Ha, the French lost the battle. Faced.

2:10pm-
Raving Rabbids... meh. Don' t care. You can apparently play the game with your ass. Oh... with the Wii Fit board. Ass on shit, makes sense.

2:16pm-
Some dance thing for Raving Rabbids. I will probably never play this game.

2:20pm-
Shaun White Snowboarding is being shown. Info and models of this got leaked years ago when the Ubisoft files got leaked. CG trailer. Uses Assassin' s Creed engine, nice.

2:23pm-
Some new surprise... talking about partners. Something about Namco. Lame. Apparently Ubisoft is publishing Soul Calibar 4. New trailer. They are acting like it' s some big announcement but they are just showing a game we' ve all been seeing for months now. Where the hell is Splinter Cell?

2:30pm-
What the hell? Now they are talking a bit about James Cameron' s reference about how Avatar is going to be in 3d (that Joystick and such were mocking him about). Turns out his game is going to actually be in 3D visually, like the effect of 3d glasses. No idea how they are pulling that off. The tech is so supposed to be shown at some point in the future.

3:33pm-
Beyond Good and Evil 2 shown! Holy hell! That was in game?! The guy said it was the ingame engine! Holy shit! HOLY SHIT!!!
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 28 May 08 19:43:25 >
the_shadowwolf

RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 02:47
okay thanks for keeping me posted

it was good to hear of a new POP and a prequel but no sands of time engine to be replaced with something new.

I wonder if they would mention of the Splinter Cell movie or maybe a new game.

Edit:
I' ll keep refreshing the page to read what happens next.

Edit :
looking at the Beyond good and evil 2 trailer
< Message edited by the_shadowwolf -- 28 May 08 19:51:48 >
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 03:13
Rampage99

RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 03:47
The conference is over. My second post has all the updates of what happened.
the_shadowwolf

RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 03:53
Rampage thanks a fucking lot
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 03:54

2:01pm-
End War is up. A demo is up. Using only voice controls. Seems to be working flawlessly and is very responsive. Visuals looks pretty good. The stream I' m watching is really low res but still looks quite nice. Voice commands are really impressive. Environments are apparently fully destructible. I really like what I' m seeing. This looks like it' s going to be a pretty good title. I' m noticing the voice commands make everything far more fluid than using a controller. Ha, the French lost the battle. Faced.

F.ucking awesome to hear!!! I have really been wondering for a long time now exactly how well the voice controls would work. Hearing that they are responsive definatley makes this a day one purchase.

Thanks for the info Rampage.
Rampage99

RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 05:26
Beyond Good and Evil, then and now-

Oh how far we' ve come.
canadagamer

RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 05:41
Was that trailer really an indicator of how the final release build of the game will be or is it just one of the many " Target Renders" we see so much of?

I am not being sarcastic, I really want your opinion because that trailer looked fantastic.
Rampage99

RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 05:45
The trailer was apparently completely in engine. The engine itself has been in development for 18 months from what I' m hearing. I don' t think the game itself is all that far into development. Pretty much definite that it' s not coming out this year. Still, that trailer is running in engine... and when looking at it in 720p you can tell it' s not CG. It' s very possible that gameplay will be close to if not on par with the trailer.

< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 28 May 08 21:49:29 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 05:57
I been wanting a new beyond good and evil game, i never finished the first but i enjoyed it a lot!
canadagamer

RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 06:28

The trailer was apparently completely in engine. The engine itself has been in development for 18 months from what I' m hearing. I don' t think the game itself is all that far into development. Pretty much definite that it' s not coming out this year. Still, that trailer is running in engine... and when looking at it in 720p you can tell it' s not CG. It' s very possible that gameplay will be close to if not on par with the trailer.

Thanks a lot!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 07:01
My Beyond Good and Evil trailer isn' t loading right![:' (] Gotta go find it somewhere else.

Brothers in Arms is looking like the same game we saw six months ago, and I' m dying for a demo, or hell, even a solid release date.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 08:49

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Man that' s good news!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 09:54
Rampage i' m really surprised you get so excited about that teaser. you should all know by now that saying in game doesn' t mean shit because you have to consider;

if we use current consoles to run this game, what would be the real fps ?

or

what is the hardware needed to run a game that looks that great ? make a guess , at least a gpu similar to 8800 GT ?

man this is even more impressive than the new Id software engine , and that' s saying a loooot, they must be fucking kidding me.

there is no fucking way this game will look that great or even close on ps3 and 360, expect a heavy downgrade.

remember those PGR4 videos shown on pre-release, developers said it' s in-game as well... yeah right in the fucking opening.
Rampage99

RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 09:59
I think it' s quite possible for the game to look that good when released. The lighting has the GRAW2 feel to it. You can pic out the polygons in the characters (they really aren' t all that high poly), the textures look amazing but still realistic for in game, etc... The two primary factors that make the game look so good are the lighting and the normal maps/textures. I mean hell, we' ve all seen the Killzone 2 ingame stuff. If that' s possible I don' t see why this isn' t. Also, like I said, Ubisoft has been working on the game engine alone for 18 months. They are known for doing wonders with engines. Hell, most people didn' t think Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was going to be possible on the original Xbox.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 29 May 08 2:01:12 >
the_shadowwolf

RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 10:22

I think it' s quite possible for the game to look that good when released...
...I mean hell, we' ve all seen the Killzone 2 ingame stuff. If that' s possible I don' t see why this isn' t.

True like, Rampage99 said 18 months just working on the engine. This game probably would not come out this year till maybe fall 2009 or winter 2009. Killzone had been like what 2 years and looks awesome. So maybe its possible, plus Ubisoft makes good engines for example Splinter Cell.

They are known for doing wonders with engines. Hell, most people didn' t think Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was going to be possible on the original Xbox.

...damn i missed where Rampage99 said that.
So it looks feasible
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 19:17
In-engine does not mean in-game.

It' ll look like that in-engine - during cutscenes - like Heavenly Sword. It won' t look like that during gameplay.

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Ubidays Goes Live In 15 Minutes - May 29, 2008 20:30

In-engine does not mean in-game.

It' ll look like that in-engine - during cutscenes - like Heavenly Sword. It won' t look like that during gameplay.

much like so many other games today, the last one i played was devil may cry 4, the ingame graphics are damn close to cutscenes but they lack some post processing effects and heavy AA.
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 29 May 08 12:32:10 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread