Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA IV Delayed?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 05:40
CLICK

WTF?

Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 05:42
It' s being delayed because Halo 3 smells.

OF 4-PLAYER

CO-OP

AMAZEMENT!!!!!!!!
< Message edited by Tiz -- 2 Aug 07 21:44:07 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 05:45
Shit. Oh well, it' s not like there will be a shortage of games this fall.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 05:50
fucking shit it' l be delayed to second quarter of 2008!!!!! WTF WTF ...

i fucking knew it it' s crazy to release so many games this fall but to release it until the second quarter is fucking crazy.. fuck them
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 05:51
Thank god.

One less game to worry about this fall and one more to enjoy in 2008, I was really thinking it was a little too soon anyway.
canadagamer

RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 05:52
So what does this do to the so called Holy Trinity of gaming for MS this fall?

Halo
GTA
Madden Football (I personally have no idea why these games are do popular)
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 05:53
Me and a few freinds was talking about this very same subject the other day.. It all sprung from an argument to weather a New shenmue would have any impact on todays games industry. I was saying that shenmue had alot of catching up to do with game like GTA that took certain (not all) aspects into another level and it' ll take time For Am2 to get a Shnemue in good form. The conversation went on to how ambitious GTA IV is and how on earth could Rockstar Finish the Game for this fall..

--Gaspss for breath---
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 2 Aug 07 21:58:08 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 05:58
I wasn' t aware that Rockstar had ever been reluctant to release an unfinished GTA game.
Silentbomber

RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 06:05

Strauss Zelnick, Chairman of Take-Two, stated, “With Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar is setting a new standard for next generation video games. Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms. We all recognize that perfecting the game is vital and I can assure everyone it will be worth the wait. We owe it to the game’s millions of fans, to our dedicated development team, and to our shareholders to make sure that Grand Theft Auto IV is a groundbreaking gaming experience that takes maximum advantage of next generation technology.”

Sam Houser, Founder and Executive Producer of Rockstar Games, added, " The new consoles are allowing us to create the Grand Theft Auto game we always dreamed about. Every aspect of the game and its design has been completely transformed. The game is huge and is pushing the hardware platforms to their absolute limits. The top engineers from Sony and Microsoft are working closely with the team in Edinburgh right now, helping us to fully leverage the power of both platforms. As always, our goal is to surpass even the wildest expectations of the game’s fans, and to create the ultimate high definition video game experience."
Abasoufiane

RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 06:16

Halo
GTA
Madden Football (I personally have no idea why these games are do popular)

i was thinking the very same thing, another bad hit to MS.

heck Even Area 51 got delayed but don' t worry it' s still November 2007 instead of September.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 06:31
Bad hit for MS?

When GTA4 comes out it probably have the expansion just around the corner :P
canadagamer

RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 06:44
Ok, now for today' s conspiracy theorists comment.

All of these games being delayed has nothing to do with development at all. We all know that these games are already finished, but companies like Take Two are too concerned with the release of Halo3.

I had read this comment on another forum, and thought to myself that the guy who wrote this needs to STFU.
Zoy

RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 06:55
No, I think that' s absolutely correct. It was going to basically be Halo 3 vs. GTA, and Rockstar blinked. With all the legal and financial troubles Take Two has been having, they want to make sure that they release this game when there' s no other heavy-hitters coming out.
canadagamer

RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 06:59
I can understand that to a certain extent. But if the game is truly ready for a fall release, then why not at least release it on the PS3?

Ok, so they are going to miss Halo 3, but they are going to be hit by the release of MGS4 in spring of next year. Unless Rockstar figures that MGS4 isn' t near the threat that Halo 3 is. Which again, is understandable.

I don' t know, I' m not really upset over it as there are just so many games coming this fall and winter that losing one or two won' t hurt me.
Silentbomber

RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 07:00
Neogaf is going crazy over this, Thewy are already nearing page 20. everytime I read a page another new one is up!
Zoy

RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 07:05

if the game is truly ready for a fall release, then why not at least release it on the PS3?

They are probably restricted by some sort of agreement with Sony and MS to do the simultaneous release.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 07:09
It would be funny if all these big titles get pushed back out of fear of Halo 3. Bungie decides at the last minute they want more time to perfect the game and push Halo 3 back as well.
Abasoufiane

RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 07:11
Can somebody tell me why Neogaf is so popular, i keep hearing lately so many times, what' s so special about it ?
Silentbomber

RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 07:47
its just a very large forum. thats it really.

Think Kikizo - common sense [on the most part] x 10,000 more members [+ adding Caturdays, And moving gifs optional] = NeoGaf.

Myself and Majik are registered, I am still waiting to be activated though, its been ages. I think I might get more enjoyment out of it bybeing a complete ass and making stupid topics on purpose. Typicaly it does get news quick and is quite a vast forum, so no real slow days.

I would never leave Kikizo! but man its slow some days.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 2 Aug 07 23:49:42 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: GTA IV Delayed? - Aug 03, 2007 08:15

if the game is truly ready for a fall release, then why not at least release it on the PS3?

That would be odd since MS just paid 50 million for exclusive extras, I couldnt see MS paying that and then recieving the game half a year later
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message