Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mass Effect: Bring down the sky review
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Mass Effect: Bring down the sky review - Mar 13, 2008 16:16
So i purchased the little add on and heres what i thought about it.

First of, you install the addon over xbox live, and when you start Mass Effect its fully integrated into the game.

You can access the new mission anytime, as long as you have full control over the normandy, which means you have to get through the beginning of the game if you completed it.

Once you load your game, there is no introduction to the mission, the only indication that something is up, is a text message saying Astroid-57 on the galaxy map, you dont get a distress call, or anything, and nothing happens untill you travel to astroid itself, not even going into the star system gives some indication that your help is needed. They should have had Lance Henriksen record a new little sound bit.

Once you travel to the astroid though you get a nice little introduction to whats happening, batarians have taken over, and are trying to land the astroid into a populated colony world.

The astroid itself is done in the spirit of the another UNC' s, though with a bit more detail, the giant fusion thrusters looks great, the horizon overlooking the planet of Terra Nova complete with lighted dust, and flying debri brings back fond memories of Armageddon with Bruce Willis.
The new enemy the batarians, look nice and sinister, and the models are well done.

There are 4 bases to visit, one for each fusion thruster you have to shut down, these are done from the same mold of those in the full game, nothing new, except the ligting having been redone, and some new furnishment as well.

The last, is the main base, which is entirely new in layout (as far as i remember), it looks cool, and its nice to visit something entirely new. Its also the setup for one of the better firefights in the game.

As in the spirit of the game you can do many things two ways, kill everything that moves, or be merciful, nothing really changes though except the responses you get.

Is it worth the 400points? well if you liked ME, and want more i clearly recommend it, all side missions in the game should have been done like this. Playnig through this made me want to complete the game again, i forgot how brilliant it is.

If i could just put down COD4 (nothing beats the addiction)
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Mass Effect: Bring down the sky review - Mar 13, 2008 17:03
I' m part way through downloading this (keep getting called into COD4 games). I must back to ME to play this, as I' ve been sidetracked somewhat with Bioshock at the mo.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll