Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wear Pink Tomorrow
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 26, 2007 08:38
Breast-Cancer Awareness day is tomorrow.

Wear pink. Give a damn

I' ve bought myself the " F&CK CANCER" shirt from CafePress . (The ampersand' s a breast-cancer ribbon)
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 26 Oct 07 0:47:41 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 26, 2007 10:04
I don' t have pink clothing, I' ll wear my light blue high five shirt, that is as close as I have to girly pink.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 26, 2007 17:14
Is there a testicular cancer awareness day, too? What kind of colour do you wear on that day? When is it?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 26, 2007 17:59
So I can be aware tomorrow and not give a crap every other day? Rock on! My awareness tomorrow will lead to a cure!

Also, why is it only breast cancer and not all cancer? Do you not want to find a cure for other cancer as well? Why do you hate cancer patients that don' t have it in their breasts?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 26, 2007 18:17
Fuck that Eddie! More men die in prostate cancer than women die in breast cancer. But do we get as much attention? Hell no! The whole pink thing is a lame PR stunt.
What they should do is to support research of all types of cancer, that' s he kind of research I support.
I boycott the breast cancer movement since they only care about a specific group of people.
Joe Redifer

RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 26, 2007 18:43
Dude, it' s not politically correct to be a straight white male. If you are a woman you get special attention. If you are non-white you get special attention. If you are gay you get special attention. Straight white males oppress others. That' s what they' re bred for.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 01:25
I think most people are quite aware of breast cancer already! Men should get off their asses and make a testicular cancer awareness day. Then the men and women could have a competition to see who could raise the most awareness. And the winner gets the cure.

Its a good cause though. The ones who shout the most tend to get the most money. And cures aren' t free you know!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 03:10

Dude, it' s not politically correct to be a straight white male. If you are a woman you get special attention. If you are non-white you get special attention. If you are gay you get special attention. Straight white males oppress others. That' s what they' re bred for.

You should sing the blues, man... you and all the white men really have it rough!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 04:57

You should sing the blues, man... you and all the white men really have it rough!

Wow that was a aweseome response.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 05:28
I see the point in Breast Cancer awareness. But I dont see the point in Autism Awareness month. Im pretty sure if you have autism you' re aware of it
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 06:36

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Positive discrimination?
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 07:05

Was that sarcasm?

Seriously though I am not saying I want people to whine for me, but isn' t the whole equality thing supposed to make people equal? I really don' t see how giving special privledges to certain racial/ethnic group is making things equal.

Joe Redifer

RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 07:07
If a black man (or homosexual) gets attacked by a white man, it' s a hate crime and the punishment is more severe. If a white man gets attacked by a white man or a black man, there is supposedly no hate involved and the punishment is less severe. If you' re a straight white male, you can' t use discrimination as an excuse to get what you want like so many minorities do. Also, only white people can be racist. Just look at those 5 black kids who got arrested for beating a random white dude. The black community wants them released because it is " racist" to hold them for assault.

You can' t blame straight white men for all of your woes, and many people who are not straight white males do like to blame " the man" or whatever for keeping them down. Not enough look in the mirror and take on responsibility for themselves.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 09:35

Was that sarcasm?

Seriously though I am not saying I want people to whine for me, but isn' t the whole equality thing supposed to make people equal? I really don' t see how giving special privledges to certain racial/ethnic group is making things equal.

Yes.

The thing is, the situation has be unequal for centuries. We can' t just say everything' s perfect now and pretend like there hasn' t been a massive imbalance for generations.

If a white man gets attacked by a white man or a black man, there is supposedly no hate involved and the punishment is less severe.

Joe, you need to take a look at the statistical breakdown of what percentage of black men are U.S. citizens and what percentage of prison inmates are black men, then reconsider your analysis of the severity of punishment based on race in this country!
< Message edited by zoy -- 27 Oct 07 1:37:42 >
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 10:05
I thought the LIVESTRONG campaign was to highlight Testicular cancer?

Prostrate cancer tends to be more the elderly. Breast Cancer is the more common, but the more easily treated these days.

But I am right with you and I will be wearing something pink, it is something close to home for my wife
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 13:24

*** that Eddie! More men die in prostate cancer than women die in breast cancer. But do we get as much attention? Hell no! The whole pink thing is a lame PR stunt.
What they should do is to support research of all types of cancer, that' s he kind of research I support.
I boycott the breast cancer movement since they only care about a specific group of people.

***ing right! prostate cancer is just as common but it recieves 1/10th the funding for treatment and research compared to breast cancer. It' s our fault, women are simply more organized than we are. The other thing is that woman are far more likely to get regular check ups than men I think. Probably because the doctors are always trying to stick their fingers up our asses.

Joe, you need to take a look at the statistical breakdown of what percentage of black men are U.S. citizens and what percentage of prison inmates are black men, then reconsider your analysis of the severity of punishment based on race in this country!

In the US the problem isn' t so much law enforcement, in many areas in the US black people DO commit more crimes. But it isn' t because they' re black, it' s because they' re poor. The poor will always commit more crimes. The question is why are black people more poor than everyone else. That' s where you' ll find the significant subjugation. The US has a huge lower class.

I was thinking about this the other day, and in my opinion one of the biggest factors is the HUGE gap between public schools and private schools. In a lot of places in the US if you' re rich enough to send your kids to private schools, they' ll get a real education. Otherwise, the kids get sent to a useless public school. A lot of these kids have no chance of going to College or University. All the tallent in teaching gets absorbed in the private schools, public schools get nothing. The system is so ***ing bad. In some states they don' t even let the parents choose which public school to send they' re kids into. So there is no competition whatsoever. The schools/teachers have no reason to be motivated. The very least they could do is give competition with the public schools by giving parents a choice of which school to send their kids in. The schools with more kids get more funding. That' s how it should work.

I would even go so far to argue in a fair and just system, there would be no private schools at all. You shouldn' t be able to buy your success. You have an education system that favors the rich as opposed to a system that favors the intelligent and hard working. I' m not saying you should close Yale and Harvard, but reduce tuitions to put them at par with public schools and let them survive by government/corporate funding. If a school has real merit they get more funding.

That would even the odds quite a bit. Education is a human right, at least it is where I live. Money shouldn' t buy a better education.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 27 Oct 07 5:48:07 >
locopuyo

RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 15:08
lol, where are you getting your info on US schools? Hollywood?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 15:16

lol, where are you getting your info on US schools? Hollywood?

I' m not sayiong this is everywhere, but look at the worst schools and ask yourself why.
Joe Redifer

RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 15:24

Well as Agent said, a lot of areas do see more crime committed by black men (as well as hispanic or what have you).The media keeps trying to proclaim things like there are a lot more black people living in prison than in college dorms. That may be true, but who the hell wants to live in a college dorm? Way more black people are currently going to college if you count those who live off-campus than those living in prison. I' m not trying to say that racism never happens in the courtroom, but if you see a large percentage of black males in prison, it' s not all the " white man' s" fault. You are actually proving my point at how the straight white man is always perceived as being " wrong" and sometimes downright evil. The majority of black males in prison cannot be at fault here, right? I like what Bill Cosby said. He said that some black people complain that a white person is punished less for dealing crack than a black person is. His solution: DON' T DEAL CRACK! Of course this pissed of many in the black community for some odd reason.

I think that minorities should quit trying to impress their friends so much, grow a pair and start changing their lives for themselves. Then you' d see a real difference in this country.
locopuyo

RE: Wear Pink Tomorrow - Oct 27, 2007 15:25
The areas where the schools are crap don' t have rich people.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message