Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 FPS Freek - Precision Aiming Add-on For 360
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
FPS Freek - Precision Aiming Add-on For 360 - Feb 14, 2008 04:13
This has most likely been covered some time before now, but I figured I' d cover it again with a more recent development.

There was some talk a while back on analog-stick peripherals for your 360 controller. They snapped on the top, were longer, and had divots in the center to increase accuracy in racing games. They were generally well received, though there wasn' t much fuss made about them.

Some time later, the same company had IGN test their newest prototype, the FPS Freek.

Built for precision aiming, it added a half an inch of height to your thumbsticks, making precise movements far easier than with a stock stick. Team Xbox just broke the news that these babies are now up for pre-order on Kontrol Freek' s Website.

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: FPS Freek - Precision Aiming Add-on For 360 - Feb 14, 2008 06:38
I like the idea of the divots, but the extra height to me sounds wonky. I' ve used some 3rd party controller with higher sticks and felt like it made my aim sloppier. But it probably just takes a few hours to adjust to it.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: FPS Freek - Precision Aiming Add-on For 360 - Feb 14, 2008 07:52
I don' t have any problems moving the joysticks on 360 controllers the minimum amount. All these do is amplify the range your fingers move, so if you have weak thumb coordination and have trouble moving the joysticks small amounts they could help you.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: FPS Freek - Precision Aiming Add-on For 360 - Feb 14, 2008 08:19
That sounds interesting. The problem I tend to have with analog sticks in general is the large deadzone in the middle and the friction between surfaces inside the pad inhibiting your finer touches.

If you could replace the whole mechanism for a tighter smoother stick that would be awesome, but the extra leverage with this thing would at least help you overcome the friction problem more easily.
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: FPS Freek - Precision Aiming Add-on For 360 - Feb 14, 2008 13:37
Hmmm, i still thinks its easier to build the use of Mouse/Keyboard support into games for far " smoother" control...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: FPS Freek - Precision Aiming Add-on For 360 - Feb 14, 2008 14:27
I want to try an FPS with a track ball replacing the right joystick.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: FPS Freek - Precision Aiming Add-on For 360 - Feb 14, 2008 16:29
I agree with choupolo on this, its that little bit right in the centre where you need just a bit of extra inertia to get the stick off-centre that is my problem and if these help with that then good, and it will save the rubber on the left stick which is going on my controller.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: FPS Freek - Precision Aiming Add-on For 360 - Feb 15, 2008 00:56
I' ll be buying a set some time in the next 2 weeks. I' ll let you guys know how they work.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll