Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PGR4 First impressions
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 50
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
PGR4 First impressions - Oct 07, 2007 08:12
Gameplay:

i Just played some few races but i' m not sold at all, i' ll complain about the difficulty, from the very first race it is IMPOSSIBLE to reach the first place, basialy you have to unlock better cars so that you can be in the 1st place ... which sucks ass.. can somebody confirm this or am i doing smething wrong , i never had such a problem at all, be it forza or gran turismo or dirt or sega gt...

Graphics:

except for the Garage which it drop my jaw, probably because of the lightning that was so realistic, nothing amazed me about this game, even the lightning during races was nothing to write home about, i played at night , daylight, rain/night and i was really underwhelmed , well you knwo what , when developers try to hide their games with replay and photo modo shots, know that something is wrong... well the game look good but you know...

Audio:

i want to smash that radio. cars sound great.

this is no review consider it as a demo impression although i have the full game, and geometry wars is cool :p
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 07, 2007 08:32
When i played it, i couldnt help thinking that my car was stationary but the background was moving? the 3d is weird. Although i did have to stop playing after 30 seconds as the combination of the strange 3d, the motion blurr and 30fps was making me feel sick.

Forza 2 i' m coming for you once my 360 arrives!!!

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 7 Oct 07 0:34:22 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 07, 2007 19:29
Will it be there soon or will it " arrive" 12 times like your new PC?
Virtua fighter 5

RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 07, 2007 20:32

Will it be there soon or will it " arrive" 12 times like your new PC?

Troll number 1 ^. (Love the way you added ' 12' times, did you just think of that youself? that was great!! your a genius!)
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 7 Oct 07 12:39:03 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 07, 2007 21:09

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

the 3d is weird.

What are you talking about?
Nitro

RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 07, 2007 22:42

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

Gameplay:

i Just played some few races but i' m not sold at all, i' ll complain about the difficulty, from the very first race it is IMPOSSIBLE to reach the first place, basialy you have to unlock better cars so that you can be in the 1st place ... which sucks ass.. can somebody confirm this or am i doing smething wrong , i never had such a problem at all, be it forza or gran turismo or dirt or sega gt...

Not trying to be funny, but are you baking for corners?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 07, 2007 22:44
Is there, or will there be, a demo for PGR4?
Abasoufiane

RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 07, 2007 23:00

Not trying to be funny, but are you baking for corners?

yes i did of course, i played the PGR on dreamcast and even the second on xbox and i know what PGR is about, i can get to the second place but i lose the first one by the last lap... so i don' t know what i' m doing wrong or is the game design suppose to be like that, it is soo clear that those cars are MUCH faster than mine, it shows clearly when the road is straight , so even when i close the gap a little at corners the first one is still really far ... weird, somebody should confirm this, i' m talking about the first races in the career mode.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 08, 2007 02:58
MSR will always have a special place in my collection just because it hinted at what the future was goin to bring.

As for PGR4 if its only 10% better than its predecessor (although parts of it like cone races will always piss me off) I' ll be more than happy. Are you chaps actually saying it is going to be worse than PGR3?
Nitro

RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 08, 2007 03:04

ORIGINAL: Ikashiru

Are you chaps actually saying it is going to be worse than PGR3?

No. If you thought PGR3 was good then you' ll adore 4. It' s virtually perfect.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 08, 2007 03:33
Is it better than PGR2?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 08, 2007 03:45
HAHAHAHHA I GOT THE ELITE ASCETIC HELMET YAYAYAYAY!!!
Virtua fighter 5

RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 08, 2007 04:28

What are you talking about?

I suppose it' s the combination of 30fps and 60fps motion blur? (if this is right?).. just looks and feels odd to me..

MSR will always have a special place in my collection just because it hinted at what the future was going to bring.

I quite liked the original. I especially liked the XBOX 60fps remake .. This felt super smooth and helped with the feeling of being part of the world as opposed to a semi-conscious 30fps feel..

Future? using real life cities is a great thing but the game has hardly moved on IMO, still the same forced progression..(one reason why i was disappointed by number 3).. the series needs a proper overhaul.. Make it more sandbox, take elements from Tokyo highway battle.

Future of arcade racers:

Ive always hated burnout games but the new one (burnout paradise) sounds to take them in the right direction. Looks the shit, runs 60FPS, open world sandbox, on the fly racing, independent races going on st the same time..

Is it better than PGR2?

Must of clocked hundreds of hours playing this. Cat & mouse = classic.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 7 Oct 07 21:56:56 >
QuezcatoL

RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 08, 2007 06:13
How can Aba have the game already?
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 08, 2007 06:29
I guess it leaked
QuezcatoL

RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 08, 2007 08:11
Okay.
Abasoufiane

RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 08, 2007 08:15
the game was released the 2nd oct for pal territories...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 08, 2007 08:17
I think you' re a nubtard.
The graphics are amazing, by far the best for any racing game. The gameplay is pretty much the same as PGR2 and 3, with some minor improvements and more gametypes, which is damn good in my book.

The first race was really easy on medium. To beat it on harder skill levels you obviously need to spend your kudos on better cars. If you can' t get first on easy you' re just really, really bad at driving. Some people are just really bad at driving, but even so, if you can' t beat it after a few tries on easy you' re just pathetic.
Abasoufiane

RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 08, 2007 08:31
haha that' s funny man because in Forza 2 or Dirt , i' m always 1st always fucking first , you hear me punk ? in fact in forza 2, i make it even harder so i can get more money , at least 30% harder than normal (turning some driving assistance off, making AI harder etc) and always first... what car do u use in PGR 4? i tried all of them , i even tried the bike and i can' t get to the first place ... i' m shocked myself otherwise i wouldn' t mention it , i know IT IS NOT NORMAL to not get easily first on early races...

i' ll ask you one question? are the opponents much faster than you in the first races ? it seems like their cars are tuned (well from the paint job) while mine is fucking slow as hell.. in fact i don' t have an easy time to get to the second place , and by the way i almost make no mistakes , i RARELY hit a wall ... HOW the hell do u explain that ?

the graphics aren' t amazing ... i said they are good but not spectacular, those stupid developers showed once a video and said it' s real time ... and one developer from other company said that bizzare' s statement is bullcrap... and damn right it was bullcrap... the video they showed was CG quality and mind blowing, it has nothing to do with the final product , bunch of crooks.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: PGR4 First impressions - Oct 08, 2007 08:36

the video they showed was CG quality and mind blowing, it has nothing to do with the final product , bunch of crooks.

Yeah, i noted that too.. the actual game looks scaled-down.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 50

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message