Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GameBoy Advance SP
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
GameBoy Advance SP - Feb 23, 2003 23:16
So, does anyone have an SP yet?

I hope to be getting mine soon, my friend has one and they are even sexier than they look in the pictures that were released at the announcement. Will be doing impressions soon...
Eman1080

• Total Posts : 77
RE: GameBoy Advance SP - Feb 24, 2003 02:20
I kinda feel ripped on the GBA, I never liked it because of the lighting problem :(
doesn' t look like the SP will be on my gaming list for this year. But ill be waiting for kikizo' s report.
WKD

• Total Posts : 49
RE: GameBoy Advance SP - Feb 24, 2003 17:50
It' s funny. When I first saw the SP, I was like, ' no way am I getting one of those' . I already own a GBA, but do get pissed about the darkness. The more I see of the SP, the more I think it looks cool. I' m slowly coming round to the idea of it.

Who knows? I might pick one up if I have any spare funds, but wth Zelda, Metroid and a holiday to Kavos () coming soon, funds might be a little hard to come by.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: GameBoy Advance SP - Feb 25, 2003 02:19
I' ll be picking one up for only one reason. I have an unopened GBA just laying around the house that I won at Dollywood for 6 bucks (long story, but funny...if want to hear it just let me know). I' ll trade it in and pick up the new one for cheaper than what it is now.
deadmeat

• Total Posts : 63
RE: GameBoy Advance SP - Feb 25, 2003 15:10
I wouldn' t mind hearing the story.

Also,
I heard that GBA (or something like that) could be hooked up to the GC. Is this true or false. My girlfriend likes puzzle games, and 2d scrollers (Super mario 3, for example). She bought me the GC for Christmas, but lacks the depth perception on the 3d style of Mario to play effectively. I have been thinking that if I could get something that would have a more 2d feel, she would be able to play (and thusly helping me with my gaming addiction) more and enjoy.

WKD

RE: GameBoy Advance SP - Feb 25, 2003 21:02
The GBA can be ' linked' to the GC, which will generally be used to further enhance the gameplay of some games. Take Metroid for example. Get MP for the ' Cube and Fusion for the GBA, link them together after completing one of the above games, and you can get some extra goodies. Completing MP and linking with Fusion will unlock the original Metroid game (NES version), which you can play on the ' Cube. Complete Fusion and link the two, and you' ll be able to play Prime while wearing the Fusion suit present in..eh..Fusion, funnily enough.

Other games like Zelda will take thia a step further. Apparently, a 2nd player will be able to help out in the GC Zelda if a GBA is linked while playing. I' m thinking that you' ll have to have the Zelda GBA game in the GBA at the time. Not sure?

Games like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles will require a GBA linked up in order to play. Or so I' ve heard. Still not sure on this.

Alternatively, there is a Game Boy Player due to be released sometime in the near future, which will attach to the bottom of the ' Cube, and will allow you to play GBA games on the big screen. In the case of yourself, I' m thinking this could be a better option as it will allow your g/f to play on the big screen, and there are some cracking games avalible for the GBA. Currently, most, if not all, GBA games will be compatible with the GB Player.

TBH, I' m more looking forward to the GB Player more, for the above reason, than the link cable.
I' m stil going to get a link cable in order to unlock the original Metroid, (thus having played them all).

deadmeat

• Total Posts : 63
RE: GameBoy Advance SP - Feb 27, 2003 12:32
Thanks for the info.

I think you' re right, my gf would like to play on the big screen more than on the little screen.

I guess size does matter.....hmmmm....
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: GameBoy Advance SP - Mar 08, 2003 16:31
GBA SP feels like a rushed product to me. Following the frankly appaling sales of GBA software so far Nintendo have tried to inject new life into this market. The only reason why these components were not in the original GBA is because Nintendo have this market to themselves and have no competition to keep then on their toes.

The design of this machine is somewhat suspect as well btu thats a long story. Suffice to say I' ll be waits for some better retail deals later in the year before I consider wasting yet more cash.
WKD

RE: GameBoy Advance SP - Mar 16, 2003 14:03
I got my first feel (oo-er) of the SP a few days ago. I ws down at GAME getting a memory card for the ' Cube in anticapation of Metroid, and they had one on display. Unfortunately, the batteries had run out and they had lost the charger, so I couldn' t get to see the light.
It' s actually bigger than I thought, and the screen looks bigger than the regular GBA screen, but it aint. The buttons feel a bit wierd. They don' t feel very solid at all. There dosen' t seem to be as much depression as the regular GBA. Might take a bit of getting used to.
I was offered the chance to trade in my old GBA and pay a deposite of £10 to secure the SP on day of release, but I dunno. I wouldn' t mind seeing the light before I decide to buy.
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: GameBoy Advance SP - Mar 18, 2003 22:25
I cant wait to get hold of my very own SP soon!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll