Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii, one month later
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
Wii, one month later - Dec 19, 2006 02:39
Ok, I' m looking to all the wii owners out there to give there impressions now that we' re one month in. I have both good and bad things, so here goes.

1. The control is truly awesome. I really think nearly all games are going to benefit from this type of control. The only one I can' t figure out is fighting games, but I' ve yet to play one. It' s amazing how after only 2 days playing Zelda, you don' t even realize that this isn' t a classic control setup.

2. The Hardware is good, but I do have smoe complaints. for one the 512 mb of internal flash memory. 512!!! Man, for an extra 10 bucks MAYBE cost to them, they could have put a gig in and made everybody a lot more happy. Also, there appears to be no way to turn a controller off that I know of once it is on. So if I start a 2 player game, but then continue playing 1 player my batteries in the second controller just stay on wasting away. I' ve even had controllers stay on all night with the system off and that is not cool.

3. The games. First Party games have been a lot of fun. Even some others are great, monkey ball, truama center, and rayman to name a few. Holy mother of God are some awful though. There is absolutely NO reason for some of those games! Far cry!!! the developers should be shot. That is the laziest rush job I have ever seen. Turok looked better on the N64. WE' ve all seen resident evil 4 on the cube, we know what prime 3 is going to look like, heck even red steele is pretty good. Why oh why then can ubisoft, a very large publisher, but out shit that looks like far cry. I hope nobody buys that game. Same goes for monster 4x4 and gt racing. Those are the games that wii antagonists are going to point at to say " haha see, it' s all a gimic, wii' s visuals suck!" And you know what, if those are the games they are talking about there' s nothing to say but yup, yup they do suck. Get your heads out of your ass' s developers. Games can look good with a little effort, make some.

4. Online. Well potential is there, but I will say that the friend code system is dumb beyond all means. Both of us having to exchange a 16 digit alpha numeric code!!! COME ON!!!! I should just be able to type in an email adress and then ask them to be my friend. Hell, msn is a better system than the wii friend codes!! I hope to god that when you play games online in the future there' s an option to play strangers and not just your friends.

5. Virtual console. Who picked some of those games. good god. I know they don' t want to release all the good ones at once, but give us a little more. Wario' s woods! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Mario 64 was a nice touch, but why no mario kart yet? It' s not like there' s something of a similar style on the VC it' s competeing against.

That' s about it. Over all I do say that I have more fun with the system than any of my others, but I really hope they get the online bit fixed, and 3rd party developers get their heads out of there ass' s soon.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll