Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kane and Lynch, is meh with release date
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Kane and Lynch, is meh with release date - Sep 26, 2007 04:35
New HD videos

I think it looks like crap! The game looks clunky. Having just played Hitman Bloodmoney, and then seeing this, its very dissapointing, IO seems incapable of producing next gen quality.

Too Human looks more promising than this, atleast that has great graphics!

Edit:

bottom of thread for release info
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 27 Sep 07 7:58:36 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 26, 2007 04:41
from the various videos i' ve seen before the game looks really great, not Tech wise but some part of the game were amazing, if you have watched the 1up show like 15 days ago or so.. you would see some exclusive footage and it really looks great and soemtimes amazing depending on the locations. May be it has to do with lightning or something , the 1up guys share my point of view, they say it' s not mind blowing or anything like that but it' s definitly next gen.

i' ll see this video to confirm.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 26, 2007 04:42

The game looks clunky

All pad shooters on consoles have ' clunky' controls, one of the worst looking ones ive seen is the gamplay of ME.. yuKK :(
Vx Chemical

RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 26, 2007 04:50

from the various videos i' ve seen before the game looks really great, not Tech wise but some part of the game were amazing, if you have watched the 1up show like 15 days ago or so.. you would see some exclusive footage and it really looks great and soemtimes amazing depending on the locations. May be it has to do with lightning or something , the 1up guys share my point of view, they say it' s not mind blowing or anything like that but it' s definitly next gen.

i' ll see this video to confirm.

I dont think so, most of the games from last year are prettier, AI seems bland.

All pad shooters on consoles have ' clunky' controls, one of the worst looking ones ive seen is the gamplay of ME.. yuKK :(

ME controls looks far better than K&L også note that ME isnt supposed to be an action shooter, you of all people should know that!

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 26, 2007 05:23

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Too Human looks more promising than this, atleast that has great graphics!

Not really.
Vx Chemical

RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 26, 2007 05:25

Not really.

Okay, both games look like crap!
Abasoufiane

RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 26, 2007 05:27
all right VX i watched the video , yeah it' s a bit disapointing, bnut i think this part of the game doesn' t show great graphics (some elements look like an xbox game, probably the architecture isn' t complex that' s why ), BUT you should really see other parts of the game... absolutly, this game makes you feel like playing in a movie.
Vx Chemical

RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 26, 2007 05:30
I have watched several movies, and the points that havent dissapointed me have been far from great.

The game can easily be over shadowed, and with the promise of a campaign only 8 hours long, i cant see myself paying premium for it!
Nitro

RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 26, 2007 05:43
It' s not bumpmapped!! Oh noes!!

I' m kidding ofcourse. But it doesn' t have the kind of effect a game like Gears has when you see it in motion.

However, Kane & Lynch is waaaaaaay high on my list of purchases for this year. It has it' s own style, ...reminds me of Heat, ...and that' s a good thing. It' s not an amazing looking game, but it is a good looking game. I guess you could say that parts of it look bland, but it does feature fantastic lighting, sound and dialogue.

The animations are archaic and the texture quality is lacking, but since great graphics don' t = a great game, and the gameplay looks good, and the story looks genuinely interesting i can' t not look forward to it. Stylistically it looks badass.

Blood Money was an Xbox port and can' t really be considered a next-gen game. It was tons of fun though (thank' s Silent ) and i' m glad i played through it.

Anyway, i' m having trouble with TeamXbox' s videos so here' s some K&L footage that went up on Gametrailers yesterday...

The newest gameplay footage...
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 26, 2007 05:48
Thees a part of K&L that really got me thinking (the part in a night club with shit-loads of people). was impressive.
Nitro

RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 26, 2007 06:00

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Thees a part of K&L that really got me thinking (the part in a night club with shit-loads of people). was impressive.

There' s a similar scene in Blood Money with a street festival. Tons of people. Unfortunately there were loads of repeat character models and that ruins it. It' ll probably be like that in this but on a more forgivable scale, especially given the darkness/strobe lighting.

Abasoufiane

RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 26, 2007 06:09
i loved that scene on the night club, really impressive, and i agree nitro , it has a fantastic lightning which plays a major role in graphics, there is also a part of the game i loved so much, it was on the 1up show, when they were clibing down that building , the camera went up showing the street below and how all 4 of them were going down commando was really stylich , that part looked absolutly great, this game got the style.
Vx Chemical

RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 26, 2007 06:39
Well i dont really think the gameplay looks intresting. The characters are intriuging though, which is somewhat forgiving.

Its just been awhile since IO has created a top notch game, and i doubt KL will score much higher than 7.9 - 8.0 now we agree that reviews arent all that meaningful, but its still some means of measurement.

If you put it up against games like COD3, ME, AC, Alan Wake and GTA4, i wouldnt doubt what id pick up if i could only choose one!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 27, 2007 13:06
Kane & Lynch is one of those games that I might like but I won' t even care to look at it.

Kane & Lynch is a stupid name therefore it must be a stupid game.
Vx Chemical

RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 27, 2007 15:57
Release date is set to the 20th of november, making it launch along side with Mass Effect, COD4, and Assasins Creed.

Unless someone is getting 4 games that month, i think its a bad decision!
Nitro

RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh - Sep 27, 2007 16:44
Guess who' ll be getting them all....
Vx Chemical

RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh with release date - Sep 27, 2007 17:12

im sure you have a back entrance into a Game store or soemthing!

ill be getting Mass Effect, and COD4 will be second after that.
Nitro

RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh with release date - Sep 27, 2007 17:50

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

im sure you have a back entrance into a Game store or soemthing!

ill be getting Mass Effect, and COD4 will be second after that.

I' m sure you' ll get Assassins Creed and Kane & Lynch too...
Vx Chemical

RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh with release date - Sep 27, 2007 17:57

I' m sure you' ll get Assassins Creed and Kane & Lynch too...

Only time will tell my friend
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Kane and Lynch, is meh with release date - Oct 10, 2007 03:20
Multiplayer Hands On!!

This sounds like it might turn out to be loads of fun!!!!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message